How I fixed my black ops 3 Hit detection.

i have realized that when I play on the preemptive algorithm my bullets always register. I mean even if the game is glitching and I am in one of those god awful lobbies. the funny thing is with this algorithm I am in a type of bullet absorbing mode. I upgraded like everyone one else. I swapped my algorithm to reactive as it is supposed to give me all my speed. I started shooting first and dying first. However to be honest I had been using the preemptive algorithm all along before the 1.03.5 update and having much success. The only reason why a majority of Duma users have swapped to reactive is because in this most recent update no one can get even half their original speed using the preemptive algorithm. I have been reading every single user saying that he or she is lagging is using the reactive algorithm after the update. To everyone I would use Preemptive and what i did was downgraded to 1.03.4 until the lovely Duma developers fix Preemptive algorithm. Because on 1.03.4 i Can get a majority of my speed while using the Preemptive algorithm. In my opinion the preemptive algorithm is the best one. Everyone has their own opinion,I posted this just to help because i have seen too many posts in the past few weeks.

PSN: FatalDragon

Speeds: 100 down -Cable and i pay for boosts sometimes to bring it up to 150 down

20 up

3.04 KD

I agree with the preemptive algorithm.  It seems to me that preemptive gives a better quality/consistency >speed connection.  It is all about quality/consistency of connection when it comes to gaming and not speed and you can always change it back to reactive later.  I can not ok the downgrading because even though it worked for you it could cause issues (i.e. router bricking) with others. 

I understand everyone may not want to downgrade and i didn't either i was just trying to actually get normal speeds with the preemptive algorithm it seems that in 1.03.5 the developers tweaked something a bit to much. if preemptive is ran on the newest firmware it usually cuts bandwidth in half. however on the earlier firmware this was not the case, and Zero i keep my sliders at 60 for both download and upload, devices are all default for prioritization and shared access is checked. i have reverted to 1.03.4 so i am getting almost all my internet speed with preemptive.

Did anyone simply try inputting double your speed in the bandwidth window to see if the speeds increased to normal?

That's actually a really clever question to find the answer too? My speed is low compared to some but would be cool if someone with the higher speed could test the theory on the latest fw.

I have tried to input speeds as double and the results were the same for me. as long as i was on 1.03.5 i got a little under half of my bandwidth. Secret Face i see that in the latest firmware its impossible to predict how much speed the preemptive algorithm will give you. so allocating slides can be a problem. There weren't any settings that could even remotely get me my bandwidth in 1.03.5. on my current setup I have disabled ipv6 and enabled bleeding edge. The Preemptive algorithm has been a bit screwed since the update, yet it seems to be the best algorithm they have installed up until the past update. 

Out of curiosity I gave Preemptive a try last night on the PS4 after playing a sample set of about 5 games.  If there was a difference at all, and I can't say that there was, it was for the negative.  The last two games I played were easily the worst of the evening.  I can't say for certain that the change to Pre-Emptive made that difference, but for the final two games of the evening, I was easily getting wiped off the map like a Christmas Noob.

Back to the lab to look through some game notes and try a different set of dedi's tonight.  The Illinois experiment might be over for the time being as the games last night were sweaty, shitty and didn't really give me any sense of enjoying the game.

I can you Lower your speed with netduma...I used to have 30 download 10 upload with amazing hit detection ever since upgrading to gigabit I get melted across the map one shot by any means I am a pro but also being playing duty since way back also had the best score per minute in the lobby but this was the main reason I purchased this router i keep my hope and faith there is some kinda fix but as of right now I am paying without my netduma until a fix I'm losing too much bandwidth using the new update with my new connection

I can you Lower your speed with netduma...I used to have 30 download 10 upload with amazing hit detection ever since upgrading to gigabit I get melted across the map one shot by any means I am a pro but also being playing duty since way back also had the best score per minute in the lobby but this was the main reason I purchased this router i keep my hope and faith there is some kinda fix but as of right now I am paying without my netduma until a fix I'm losing too much bandwidth using the new update with my new connection

Where are you? I know I have to fiddle with some settings, having faster speeds than alot of people so I dont get instamelted . I have my upload at 10% on the slider things that seems to be working.

@Dillinger give other servers a try one thing i will tell you is that with  preemptive i have definitely had a better time on Texas's dedi's and New Jersey's. Along with that the dedi at the bottom of Illinois not the cluster at the top. I have that particular cluster of servers blocked. because the people that play on those servers have some of the most up-down connections i have ever seen. Seattle and California also seem to have a lot of players with the same kind of connection issues. I typically play on the bottom Illinois  server and Texas dedis. I have a buddy that lives in NY when i play with him we hit New Jerseys. I have found the most consistent connections through hours of playing. I have been running a lot of tests like you just without a lab lol. @ takeover514 yea thats why i just downgraded its frustrating however i will say after i downgraded the geofilter for me was actually better than the new one. it updates more often and faster. If I have a player that wants to join me it will show him blocked i widen the radius and he can instantaneously get in. then i close it and it updates right away. On the new update i noticed i would have to either wait or make sure every single person was already unblocked. If the geofilter showed them blocked and i allowed them they still wouldn't be able to join after my two minutes wait time. I would recommend a mini update, only if the next one is a ways away. Because on 1.03.4 I dont notice any of the issues that are persistent in 1.03.5. I understand the turbo button for those that pay a lot of money for gigabyte connections. I am sure all these problems will be fixed guys. We just gotta be patient.

Archived