CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 3 + NETDUMA ROUTER / BUFFERBLOAT LAG FIX

Macabi83

great video

please could you also tell us what your set distibution is set to for your console

also what console is this

and if share excess is ticked or unticked

sorry for the questions

but i think this info might help me and others with thier settings

cheers

I can only speak for myself, but getting an A for BB greatly improved the game with less lag. I cannot stress enough how much more enjoyable BLOP3 is now. I used to come on this forum day and night complaining about things, especially the lag. So one day I decided to do ALOT of test with the sliders to get me an A for BB. It took maybe about 10-15 test to find out what slider did what and where I needed to put them to get the A for BB. I finally got the sweet spot and it's been sitting there ever since. Now I do get lag and WTF moments, but I would attribute that to the servers. When I get a WTF moment, I look at the ping and usually there are spikes so that tells me it's the server so I just leave. When I get a nice smooth line, the game plays great! Also, I've been playing mostly on dedi servers and they play great as well which didn't used to be the case pre BB tests.

So my advice is move those sliders wherever you need to, to get an A for BB. It helped me immensly.

I can only speak for myself, but getting an A for BB greatly improved the game with less lag. I cannot stress enough how much more enjoyable BLOP3 is now. I used to come on this forum day and night complaining about things, especially the lag. So one day I decided to do ALOT of test with the sliders to get me an A for BB. It took maybe about 10-15 test to find out what slider did what and where I needed to put them to get the A for BB. I finally got the sweet spot and it's been sitting there ever since. Now I do get lag and WTF moments, but I would attribute that to the servers. When I get a WTF moment, I look at the ping and usually there are spikes so that tells me it's the server so I just leave. When I get a nice smooth line, the game plays great! Also, I've been playing mostly on dedi servers and they play great as well which didn't used to be the case pre BB tests.

So my advice is move those sliders wherever you need to, to get an A for BB. It helped me immensly.

THIS!!!!

UPDATE 12/4/15

I have to give many props to r8rs4lf for mentioning this, I have been using dslreports prior to this for testing bufferbloat.

I was pretty much always getting  decent quality rating and then TWC came and switched my lines.

I know it made the connection better and now my quality is always A+

Speed rating was always decent too but the bufferbloat rating was always F.

Doing what r8rsfl said I got my bufferbloat to A!!!

There is still some tinkering to do as the quality rating is affected but I got it to hover around B-A and C for speed.

I took pictures of my settings and ratings but will just post numbers.

I pay TWC for 50/5 I always get close to 60/6+ so I put my bandwidth in the netduma as 60/10

So I set my C.C. to 83% download and 50% upload and set the flower to 50/25/25% (this was time consuming process to get the rating right)

I never thought I would be able to fix the bufferbloat issue because my lines were good but this is how you do it.(multiple tests on dslreports)

I'm sure I can mess with it more but for now it was awesome and the game tonight were just as awesome.

Thanks again r8rs4lf

SECOND UPDATE

Still having problems with getting a good rating?

Try adjusting your MTU settings, I did and tested with auto and with a setting and auto is no good.

I'm rocking a 1416 setting and the game I just had was smooth as her you know what.

Archived