*Update* Geo-Filter / Port Forwarding Broken.

I updated the firmware recently and ever since I have had a plethora of issues. It took about 2 days for the router to fix itself to allow my internet speeds actually show up. Now that that issue is hopefully resolved, I have had a few more that are pretty serious.

It doesn't matter what I do to my geo-filter, every single game I get is outside my geo-filter. even it I set PA to 0 and the filter range as small as possible. I did this change 2 days ago and even right now the games pop instantly and outside my filter.

The second issue which is just stupidly annoying is the fact that I entered in my port forwarding rules 5 times and each time they just disappear. This never happened before the patch.

Here is the video proof that Geo-filter is broken. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdxWL7-1Lxc

Please fix this problem asap.

Geo-filter instructions

After upgrading go to the Geo-filtering page.

Hard refresh the page Ctrl + F5 (on Windows), Cmd + R (on Mac).

If you have a Playstation you need to reselect the service at the top of the page and choose "Playstation network" - the PA Version has been removed.

If you're experiencing issues with the Geo-filter please make sure you are not on the PA service and have reselected the correct one.

Geo-filter instructions

After upgrading go to the Geo-filtering page.
Hard refresh the page Ctrl + F5 (on Windows), Cmd + R (on Mac).
If you have a Playstation you need to reselect the service at the top of the page and choose "Playstation network" - the PA Version has been removed.

If you're experiencing issues with the Geo-filter please make sure you are not on the PA service and have reselected the correct one.

Thank you for trying, but I forgot to mention in my video that I already followed all of the instructions provided on fixing this. Nothing that has been discussed so far has fixed the issue.

Make sure "strict mode" is on then you will only find players in your radar 

- Tom 

as I have explained before. I have done every suggestion I can find including that one. nothing changes.

It doesn't matter what I do to my geo-filter, every single game I get is outside my geo-filter. even it I set PA to 0 and the filter range as small as possible. I did this change 2 days ago and even right now the games pop instantly and outside my filter.

Tick strict mode and with this Radius and PA=0 you'll be waiting forever.

And yes, 1.03.5 is not flawless but strict mode is still strict as hell.

Tick strict mode and with this Radius and PA=0 you'll be waiting forever.

And yes, 1.03.5 is not flawless but strict mode is still strict as hell.

you are wrong good sir. I have done both and left both on all day. good day sir.

Sorry my friend but from what you show in your video you will always find hosts outside your filter. You don't have strict mode checked. I'd like to see a video with it checked. assist at 0 and open the geo a few hundred miles. Good luck

No problem. I should have showed it in the video, but it was unchecked after I did a factory reset. It doesn't matter if it is or isn't checked. I am at work right now. As soon as I get home I will make another video. Also I never had to check strict before the last firmware update as this issue only occurred with the new update. Also strict mode was created for destiny and not COD. I will make the video again tonight even showing all of my settings. The new firmware is FUBAR.

• Netduma Staff

No problem. I should have showed it in the video, but it was unchecked after I did a factory reset. It doesn't matter if it is or isn't checked. I am at work right now. As soon as I get home I will make another video. Also I never had to check strict before the last firmware update as this issue only occurred with the new update. Also strict mode was created for destiny and not COD. I will make the video again tonight even showing all of my settings. The new firmware is FUBAR.

Strict mode was created for CoD to stop lobby booting...

Strict mode was created for CoD to stop lobby booting...

That may be, but I am referring to the only info I was able to find at the time I was researching the router. The link provided only talks about destiny and not COD.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1731-destiny-1034/&ved=0ahUKEwipoM7Vk7nJAhWRLogKHa0_DRoQrAIIISgCMAA&usg=AFQjCNFtU-DGeAbB-lq7LSb7E2352w_Jug&sig2=5prn9s3_4UMl9BSaFDWLSg

Archived