Developers - Public Web Services

Guest Netduma_Iain

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry mate, everything is going to start speeding up significantly in 2 weeks. I'll try to get you some sort of timespan by start of not next week but the following. Sorry but we have had so much on at the moment, so many one off initial contracts you need to do when starting up. 

no worries, i'll be in california next week (can't do anything but conference stuffz) then the week after that i'll be in rochester ny so my little brother can visit RIT. :) so hopefully my time frees up right when you are ready.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey Abc, we have just arrived back from the event we were attending. I'm sure Iain will be around soon to update you :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Abc,

Hope you're well mate.  We have been away all week so I'm completely out the loop. We will be far more efficient now I'll look into it and post back. 

Hi Abc,

Hope you're well mate.  We have been away all week so I'm completely out the loop. We will be far more efficient now I'll look into it and post back. 

Sounds good! This week is my last week at my current job, and i'm tying all my freelance work up into a nice bow to be done with it.  From there I will be at a new job so i'll be dealing with that but besides that i should have a lot of spare time to write up some mobile applications.

Hope you'll had fun at the event, I just got back from a conference myself (they are fun).  You should definitely look into continuous delivery for the main website and forum (along with configuration management). CI for the firmware wouldn't be a biggie but continuous delivery doesn't exactly work unless you can build out

Unit Tests

Functional Tests

Integration Tests

Smoke Tests

Which is difficult when you are dealing with low level hardware (unless you have a virtual machine for it).

Anyways, just let me know when the legal shuffling is done.  In the meantime i'll be aloof 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Ok mate we're nearly done on all contracts, should be done this weekend. Then we will work this out. So sorry for the delay, all I can say is lawyers are so so so slow  :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok mate we're nearly done on all contracts, should be done this weekend. Then we will work this out. So sorry for the delay, all I can say is lawyers are so so so slow  :angry:

THOROUGH

:) no worries

• 1 month later...

new macbook arrived, start my new job on the 22nd and will be in a different city for training so i'll be bored and able to download.  I'll need example results in the documentation so I can make a spoofer API.

• Administrators

Hi Justin welcome back mate, glad you've found yourself a new job.

So we discussed it and this it what we're thinking, let me know if you're happy with this:

1. We will not ask for royalties 
  2. A disclaimer saying Netduma are not responsible for anything the App does
  3. We can or someone else can write an App in future if they want. Just to be transparent we want to write one for our parental control feature in the future. 

What sort of price were you thinking of asking for? We definitely do not want it to be high as that could piss off customers. Also another alternative is we could buy it off you. Anyway lets just discuss it, at this point really our goal is to just make our existing customers happy. Could we skype later on in the week? 

Just to be clear this isn't a contract in any way I still to need to get the go ahead from the lawyer. 

Everything above sounds fine to me,

What sort of price were you thinking of asking for?

None, I don't plan on charging for my app (at least for an initial release, if any feature takes an extreme effort than that feature will likely be $0.99 [lowest possible] but be optional).

Other alternative, maybe, I could also just open source the app...it would depend on the developers in the community and whether they wanted to contribute or not.

We can talk on skype anytime you have some time, i'm on at least 1 hour a day.

• Netduma Staff

Other alternative, maybe, I could also just open source the app...it would depend on the developers in the community and whether they wanted to contribute or not.

I think open sourcing it is a good idea if you are willing/allowed to do that.

I think the idea of charging optionally for the features which take considerable effort is also a good idea as it doesn't force people into having to pay and it is also fair for you.

I'm excited for this :)

new macbook arrived, start my new job on the 22nd and will be in a different city for training so i'll be bored and able to download.  I'll need example results in the documentation so I can make a spoofer API.

Would a spoofer change the user agent?

• Administrators

I'm not sure what you mean psygn.

Justin that sounds absolutely perfect to me. I'll just get everything finalised later this week and look forward to chatting on skype :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey abc, we're very busy at the moment and won't have much time in the next month, so the easiest way to do it would be to allocate an hour on Skype with Iain to get as much to talk as much as possible, I can't PM you but if you PM me I'll give you his Skype :) 

I have his skype, just have him send a google calendar event when he has some time and we can meet up and i'll try to document as much as I can to provide a minimum viable product

• Administrators

I have his skype, just have him send a google calendar event when he has some time and we can meet up and i'll try to document as much as I can to provide a minimum viable product

He says when are you free BST time so he can talk to you then :) 

Archived