EA Servers for Battlefront are flatlines!

major masingil

Has anyone else seen how steady the ping is on the EA dedi's for Battlefront?  They only fluctuate like 1-2 ms.  all mine have been between 15 and 25 MS for a baseline.  Never a bit of lag in a bunch of games. In comparison, Titanfall's dedi's are atrocious. Jitter is up to +- 10-15 ms on either side of the line. It's too bad the multiplayer for Battlefront isn't the greatest.  It's fun for a while, but can get a little boring.

I live in Miami and keep getting connected in the West Coast and the ping is high at around 130 to 150, when i play with my friends without the duma I get east coast servers and no lag. 

are you playing console?  You're talking about Battlefront, not Titanfall, correct?  I am getting West coast servers too, but I think they're just misidentified dedi's because there is no way I should have 15ms ping to the west coast when living on the east coast

I am on Xbox One

Wow that stinks Spartanogc.  If I were you I would try placing your home location somewhere else and see if that helps.  For what it's worth, I have the geofilter disabled for playing battlefront because they're all dedicated servers.  I have my home location in the center of the country.  I don't know how your experience and mine could be so different.

I posted in the other Battlefront thread today - it's not yet supported but would love to. If you want to help out you can provide me with IDs or can do a 1 on 1 when we're both available

I'll start a list for us, but I'm pretty sure is not a p2p game

I have really varied experiences with BF. Sometimes I will have zero lag and it will run amazingly through the Netduma. And then other times I will get a warning that pops up saying that I have bad connection to the server and my gameplay may suffer. Whenever these warnings pop up I check my internet with speed tests, ping tests, and through the Netduma diagnostics test. Each time I have good internet speeds, ping, and exceptional jitter/spikes. While, on the geo-filter map, I won't be able to find a server (circle I can't update for allow/deny) to see if it is distance lag. I only have my friends that I am playing with showing up. So I am confused about how I might fix this issue. It made playing tonight really inconsistent. (I have the geo-filter turned off when playing BF, and I am on Playstation.) 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived