Xbox One:1.03.5 still giving max 50mbps

I followed the directions for the .5 update and when looking at the Detailed network Statistics my XBox1 download speed is still around the 50mbps as per the the .4 version.

When i connect this to my Virgin Super Hub it's at 150 ish mbps.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Can you follow these instructions :)

Thanks for the Instructions, although unfortunately this didn't make any difference. 

I have tried this several times since my last post to no avail. 

I have plugged the Xbox back into the Super Hub and constantly get speeds of around 130, trying via the Netduma this was always around 30 to 50mbps.

Any further suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the Instructions, although unfortunately this didn't make any difference. 

I have tried this several times since my last post to no avail. 

I have plugged the Xbox back into the Super Hub and constantly get speeds of around 130, trying via the Netduma this was always around 30 to 50mbps.

Any further suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can you make sure you're doing the tests through a PC and see what they are :) Also go to device prioritisation, press 'reset distribution' then 'apply' :)

My P.C is connected to the Internet via Ethernet TP Links and doesn't show the true UL and DL speeds which why I use the Xbox one which is connected directly to the Duma.

I have tried the 'reset distribution'

I restricted the Xbox and this reduced the speeds as you would think they would then setting the distribution to Xbox only and the speeds wouldn't go any higher than 50.

Okay if it easier for you to do it through an xbox can you go through the browser and do a wired speed test like that please. Reset distribution before that. 

So I ran the speed test through the XBOX (Which?speed checker) and ran constantly 140mbps DL.via the Virgin hub only.

Connected up the Duma, set the virgin hub to modem only mode. set my download and upload to 150 and 10 upload and download respectively.

followed the instructions from Crossy and ran the speed test again to find that i got a 50DL.

set the congestion control to 98 Xbox and 2 to other devices on the flower.

Speed test again to find that i got a 10DL. (WTF)

The Fix:

Tick the Super Turbo Mode

Speed test again to find that i got a 150+DL. I ran this several times and consistently got around 150mbps

I hope this helps others.

Is there any impact of using the STM (Super Turbo Mode) that I should be aware of

to add:

so I turned the STM off and ran the  Which? speed checker and I was back at 10mbps DL?!

Turned STM on and I was back on 150m :)

to be clear that the other devices on the flower where not in use when this was done and no devices were connected to the WIFI to perform an accurate test.

Is there a problem with the Flower distribution I wonder?

Archived