fttc connection with the R1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma Fraser

soon as i take the plusnet router out and plug everything into the R1 i loose internet

Dont remove anything from the setup that worked with the R1 when you just had internet. Just connect your pcs, phones, consoles etc to the R1.

Guest Netduma Fraser

the laptop is connected to the r1 via wifi

the ps4 is connected to the r1 via cable and wont sign in to psn

Do you have internet access on your laptop? We can work on sorting the PS4 once we verify you have internet access again.

pc is on the r1 which is connected to the plusnet router that has internet

the laptop is connected to the r1 via wifi that has internet

the ps4 is connected to the r1 which is connected to the plusnet router that wont sign in to psn

Guest Netduma Fraser

pc is on the r1 which is connected to the plusnet router that has internet

the laptop is connected to the r1 via wifi that has internet

the ps4 is connected to the r1 which is connected to the plusnet router that wont sign in to psn

Can you do automatic network setup on the network settings on the PS4 please

Guest Netduma Fraser

im hoping to remove the plusnet router if possible so the r1 connects to the bt fiber hub and everything connects to the r1

Can we try getting it working before changing anything else please :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

obtained ip addy internet connection successful psn sign in failed

PSN is undertaking maintenance today I believe so that will be why. Fantastic that the internet is working now :)

right i guess anything else will have to wait until we can verify that the ps4 connects before anything else is alterd and as im on 12 hr days for the next 3 days its going to be monday now before i can get back to it

Guest Netduma Fraser

oh ffs the psn is down for maint now until 930 pm uk time

excuse me whilst i just find the nearest wall i have a sudden urge to bang my head against it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh man :(

right i guess anything else will have to wait until we can verify that the ps4 connects before anything else is alterd and as im on 12 hr days for the next 3 days its going to be monday now before i can get back to it

Yeah thats a good idea :) That sucks but hopefully when you do itll be worth the wait :)

an i hope so as the lag comp on aw is killing me i get about 5 good games before it kicks in and im shooting and the gun wont fire coz im already lagged and dead i just havnt seen it yet and im sick of american lobbies i even got thrown into a polish one last night that wasnt fun at all

Guest Netduma Fraser

right ill log out of the R1 control panel as it will have to be set up when everythings checked and connected etc

Cool :)

an i hope so as the lag comp on aw is killing me i get about 5 good games before it kicks in and im shooting and the gun wont fire coz im already lagged and dead i just havnt seen it yet and im sick of american lobbies i even got thrown into a polish one last night that wasnt fun at all

Yeah you'll be able to restrict your hosts and avoid that!

Guest Netduma Fraser

right the psn is up again and the ps4 is connected to psn

but any further digging about in the r1 settings etc will have to wait until monday

Fantastic thats great news! Sorry to hear that but itll be fun so you have it to look forward to :)

I'm still having issues, On the BT HH5 manager where it says 'wireless network enable' I select 'No' on both 5 ghz and 2.4ghz and apply.

Again it loses all internet even though PC is wired to the R1!  Ipad2 states 'netduma r1' on it's  wireless menu but won't connect to internet.while HH5 wireless is off.

The HH router cycles through orange land blue light sequences but will not allow anything to connect to the internet until I click apply for WIFI.

This is bizarre and can't understand why turning off the wifi it will lose internet altogether (especially PC which is wired).

I'm concerned now it's overriding the netduma.

BT want you to share your connection with BTfon , I am guessing you need to opt out of BTfon first?

Potentially a good shout. I've opted out of BTfon from the very start so that may explain why I was able to completely disable the wifi on the HH5 without any issues.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey Cajun72,

If you could try what zennon and buds said it might help. If it don't let me know and ill try and help you further. :)

Thanks but problem is BT are not my internet provider, I'm with Plusnet. I bought the HH5 router about a year ago as it seemed more advanced than the default plusnet router which was provided.

A BT engineer did install the Fibre as they own the telephone line.

In this case how do I opt out? can this be done via the router settings?

Archived