fttc connection with the R1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Type 2 is an open NAT on playstation, that means your setup is correct.

The Geo-Filter can sometimes block the NAT server meaning it reports you have a closed NAT but you actually have an open NAT. Long story short, your setup is correct :) 

Guest Netduma Fraser

now all iv got to do is work out why my plusnet is saying i cant set the ps4 in the dmz ffs

Can you take a screenshot of your plusnet dmz settings please and a screenshot of the device manager on the R1 :)

but the games are saying the game nat is moderate and this is causing more lag than i had before its made aw unplayable now as there is now 3 x the lag theres also chat connection issues due to my nat setting being set to moderate wheres as before the game reported the nat as open

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Mike,

I'm actually developing atm, so I'll let Fraser handle this. But you're mixing a few issues here. Firstly if you disable your geo-filter and get into the game does it say your NAT is open? If so I suggest Fraser guide you through the steps to help with lag. The first being actually getting your in game ping.

Cheers

Guest Netduma Fraser

the game (aw) reports the nat is moderate it has changed from open on the plusnet router to moderate on the r1

Is that after disabling the Geo-filter on the R1?

Guest Netduma Fraser

yup thats geo disabled the geo was enabled before and the game nat was moderate

What was the WAN IP in the device manager on the R1 and what IP did you put into the plusnet for dmz? 

If theyre the same can you try this instead please, go to “Settings > Port Forwarding” on the Netduma router and delete all entries. Then go to “Settings > UPnP” and make sure it is enabled.

Guest Netduma Fraser

been there tried that

the bottom bit where it says wan ip i havnt got that

but i have checked the ps4 and i know the ip number that its using

Okay can you upgrade please by following these instructions very carefully http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updateafter youve upgraded youll be able to see the WAN IP in the device manager :)

right upgraded (i looked before and it said the router had upto date firmware btw *sighs*) and its showing me a wan of 192.168.1.2 but having looked on the ps4 that says its connecting via 192.168.8.144 ??

Guest Netduma Fraser

right upgraded (i looked before and it said the router had upto date firmware btw *sighs*) and its showing me a wan of 192.168.1.2 but having looked on the ps4 that says its connecting via 192.168.8.144 ??

Okay fantastic, but the WAN IP 192.168.1.2 in the plusnet DMZ. You need to use the WAN IP not the IP from the PS4. 

success its open and im really starting to hate computers i thought keepin all my ripping s/ware upto date etc was a pain but thats a doddle compaired with this malarky i dont know how you do it lol

is there anything else i need to do ?

Archived