I need some help please

kinel

I used to always use a bt open reach modem with my fttc connection till its speeds and pings droped they used to get 67 download 17 up ana 11 ms ping

I was getting those speeds consistantly for over a year

now if i use it my ping go up too 20 ms and speeds go no higher than 35dl

mb and 5 mb up 

So i have to use my old router in modem mode and i get 67 dl and 17 up  and 11ms ping

but i want to use my modem again

So the question is

Question 1 Is there any way i can get those speeds back on my bt modem also

Question2 can a modem pick up a virus causing these speeds drops

Cheers

• Netduma Staff

Crossy ive tried your idea many times before i left it for weeks and it never increased

I aint got a clue what to try next maybe throw it in the bin lol

Is it one given by BT? If it is you could ring and ask for a new one?

Have you had a lot of router restarts in a short space of time? I was told by talk talk a little while ago though so many router restarts within a set period can cause DLM system to kick in, that can affect speed and line stability I believe.

If your cab is a Hauwei cab deffo get a Hauwei modem it means you will have G.inp enabled which is fastpath with on the fly error correction.

If you buy a ECI sadly it will give you interleaving if you have line issues.

There are two modems ECI & Hauwei I would get the Hauwei if you want a modem as it handles G.inp.

If your line is working OK as is just leave it smooch.

I like modems as I can power cycle my routers as much as I want with no effect to DLM as my modem is always on.

Great post zennon i loved it

My modem model is a eci b focus   the broken one

i am currently  using a talktalk huawei super router hg635 or 630 i cant remembere  atm

When  i change routers or get power cuts it can take up too 2 days for dlm to lower my pings somtimes its instant for the pings to come back  if i leave everything unpluged for more than 30 mins

So zennon to you does this sound like i have a g inp cabinet

Also as that hg super router is huawie 635 or 630  would i still need a huawie modem as i want to use the fastpath if i can

i was just walking around my streets the only cabinet i found was the Huawei 288 FTTC cabinet

i hope its my cabinet as it wasnt far from my house

so its a g inp cab

as i am using a huawei hg 630 or 635 superouter at moment in modem mode or bridged mode

will i still need to buy that Huawei modem you told me to buy to enable the g inp for fastpath

as  you said

If your cab is a Hauwei cab deffo get a Hauwei modem it means you will have G.inp enabled which is fastpath with on the fly error correction.

and i really badly want the fastpath enabled on my line as i  had it on adsl i know how good it was

cheers again your so helpful  and everyone on these forums

cheers zennon

i was hoping that my Hauwei hg 630 or 635 super router when in modem mode or bridged mode would do the same as a Hauwei modem

and enable the g inp on the line

cheers again for the the help

cheers zennon

i was hoping that my Hauwei hg 630 or 635 super router when in modem mode or bridged mode would do the same as a Hauwei modem

and enable the g inp on the line

cheers again for the the help

Yes they should, they would need a firmware update, as would the modem, the router maybe has not had the update yet.

So its up to you whether you want to get a modem or not.

I would ask on the TT forum as to whether they can update the routers from their end.

Do not bother ringing the script monkeys.

i posted a thread of talktalk forum earier i just got a reply

they say i am currently using  the newest firmware

mines is

Hardware vers g1 01

Software v v1.06

for huawei hg635 super router

Archived