Black Ops 3: Hosts outside radius

Netduma Fraser

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I'm available all day to figure out this specfic issue. If any of you have all the settings above and still get host(s) outside your filter please use shoutbox(the chatbox on the frontpage of the forum) and we can start from there. Thanks

I'm available all day to figure out this specfic issue. If any of you have all the settings above and still get host(s) outside your filter please use shoutbox(the chatbox on the frontpage of the forum) and we can start from there. Thanks

Been working with Iain all morning to fix my GEO filter issues and for now, they have been fixed. I really appreciate all your help. Customer service for this product is top notch! If your having issues, just be patient and they will get to you.

• Administrators

Thanks for the kind words r8rs4lf. I hope it's fixed now, we didn't see it happen for ages. But if it happens again don't worry it's just a matter of being there to catch it.

God willing it's fixed now though :) 

To everyone else I'll wait for confirmation. If it is fixed then you'll have a fix by end of the week in the way of an upgrade with all the other goodies!

I tried disabled bleeding edge and set strict on and geo filter

As i am from Cyprus i set my home to Crete Island and range 1300km, so this cover (Cyprus - Greece - rome - Israel etc)

It get me ages to get even one game.. (i cant believe that are no people playing near me)

Or it connects me to delicate servers outside of my radio..

How can i fix that two??

Also

How can i clear my saved good-bad hosts list?

Hi Everyone!  :)

I'm thinking about buying a Netduma soon, but it seems some people is having problems using the geo filter with Black Ops 3.  I live in Panama City, so for me the geofilter is not the best option because i have a really bad ping to the nearest countries like Costa Rica & Colombia. I think ping assist will be the feature that is gonna help in this case, but i wanna know if that feature (ping assist) is working okay right now for BO3. Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks

-Hector

Hi Hector - I am not exactly sure of your understanding of the Ping Assist.

If you have bad internet, the ping assist will allow you to connect to hosts OUTSIDE of your Geo-Filter, as long as they are inline with your setting.  So if you have a Geo Radius around Panama City, with STRICT mode enabled, you will connect to hosts there (assuming there are hosts available, which I don't know with BO3).

But if you have a Ping assist of 40ms, you will most likely get hosts in and around Panama City (as available), but you will ALSO connect to any host outside of your radius that is LESS THAN the 40ms ping that you said was acceptable.

If you are looking at this feature to connect to just lobbies around you, with an occasional game outside the Geo-Filter provided the ping is beneficial, I think this will work for most supported games (NOTE:  Black Ops 3 is causing match making issues for everyone currently and you may NOT have a dedicated server in Panama City - I honestly don't know).  However it won't make your internet connection itself any more powerful.

Does that make sense?

• Administrators

Hi Everyone!  :)

I'm thinking about buying a Netduma soon, but it seems some people is having problems using the geo filter with Black Ops 3.  I live in Panama City, so for me the geofilter is not the best option because i have a really bad ping to the nearest countries like Costa Rica & Colombia. I think ping assist will be the feature that is gonna help in this case, but i wanna know if that feature (ping assist) is working okay right now for BO3. Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks

-Hector

Hi Hector,

If you don't like the connections near you, you can move your home on the Geo-Filter and get games in other places. For example I know a guy who lives in California but he prefers host in Kansas. So he moves his home on the router by clicking a button to Kansas to get games there.

That should help you there. 

• Administrators

I tried disabled bleeding edge and set strict on and geo filter

As i am from Cyprus i set my home to Crete Island and range 1300km, so this cover (Cyprus - Greece - rome - Israel etc)

It get me ages to get even one game.. (i cant believe that are no people playing near me)

Or it connects me to delicate servers outside of my radio..

How can i fix that two??

Also

How can i clear my saved good-bad hosts list?

If it takes a while it's just due to population count unfortunately. There are so many things needed to match you with local player: playing exactly at the same time, same playlist, same skill-level/prestige and a bunch of other things.

If the server is outside your filter make sure to tick "strict mode". And have ping assist set to 0ms.

Ok

last night I played BOPS3 Tdm..couple of decent( not brilliant) games then got in a lobby with host 120 mile from me..it was crap...rated him so..backed out ..waited for map to clear..guess wat ..same crappy host..same sort of game..this went on for 2hrs on and off..why?

• Administrators

Ok

last night I played BOPS3 Tdm..couple of decent( not brilliant) games then got in a lobby with host 120 mile from me..it was crap...rated him so..backed out ..waited for map to clear..guess wat ..same crappy host..same sort of game..this went on for 2hrs on and off..why?

Was it the exact same ID? Many are clustered in the same area.

You can try it with bleeding edge on as well

Iain when uve finished with r8rs would you contact me please, as I'm having the same issue.. The bleeding edge, ensuring it says disabled ect is not working at all.. I put 300miles I connect to something 900miles away.. It's frustrating as shit. Just when you get chance

• Administrators

Yes...rating box wth rating and handle...re rated a dozen times.. no differance

Have you made sure to rate it highly and click update on it? When you've done that click off the host descriptor, when you get another game does it come up again with the same name?

Hi Hector,

If you don't like the connections near you, you can move your home on the Geo-Filter and get games in other places. For example I know a guy who lives in California but he prefers host in Kansas. So he moves his home on the router by clicking a button to Kansas to get games there.

That should help you there.