Congestion control

Every day I see people on this forum talking about there congestion control settings and "finding the sweet spot" my question is, is it necessary to fiddle about with this to get maximum benefit? My connection is 100MB down and 9up with average 25ms ping.. Does that make it pointless for me to piss about with the settings? Should I just leave both at 100%? Lastly I should get my hands on ops3 tomorrow.. Will the geo work already? If not how long is the anticipated compatibility completion? Thanks in advance lads

Hey Ian88 i found that Congestion Control was only useful if i had other members on my network that were using the internet when i was gaming or when i wanted to download something on another device. But if you have a good internet connection and not a lot of members on your network using the internet heavily i found that there was no point touching it :)     

I prefer to leave mine on 70% each way when gaming just encase my phone does an app update or my son opens a web page even , it makes all the difference for me even if there is no streaming going on.

Ok thanks everyone.. What about if there's two ps4s playing the same game at the same time in the same lobby lol.. Would I enable both consoles? Or just one and the other one will leach off the settings? Or would my 70% sliders disclude the second ps4 and hinder there gameplay?

Just enable one service and which ever console is enabled make that the party host , so invite the other console to play so you use the geo of the enabled console and set 70% each way it will help anyone on your network and not hinder anyone that is not.

• Administrators

Awesome to hear you've got the answers you wanted. On compatibility, we have the game preordered, it will be our number 1 priority on Friday to get out a cloud update for it so hopefully within a few hours of us receiving it. 

Awesome to hear you've got the answers you wanted. On compatibility, we have the game preordered, it will be our number 1 priority on Friday to get out a cloud update for it so hopefully within a few hours of us receiving it.

You guys truly are the cod gods

• Administrators

Cheers Fraser, is there an update we have to do manually to allow compatibility? Or does it happen Automatically?

As Zennon said above, it will push to the cloud automatically once we've done it (takes up to 4 hours to propagate) make sure you have bleeding edge ticked :)

Everyone will have a different" sweet spot" for their own network,just play around with it to find yours.

I find 70/70 works pretty well,like Z said it leaves enough headroom so your gaming packets don't get pushed to the end of the line.

Archived