Netduma internet diagnostics help

Hey Guys

I noticed that other day that my connection wasn't feeling as good as it normally does and sure enough when i did a check using the duma internet diagnostic tool it showed i had a bad ping. Is there something I can do about this with my isp or is it my fault ?

post-446-0-96602700-1446472471_thumb.png

post-446-0-43057400-1446472525_thumb.png

It really depends. I have had issues with my connection and I have spent lost of time dealing with ISP but in the end I manage to geta lot better line etc.

I guess the question I should ask first is Have you done Internet diagnostics before the issue occurred and if yes what was your results? 

Yebs so there is a increase of a ping. And that is down to your ISP. What I would do is I would ring them up and say that my ping has gone up twice as much as it use to be and I am experiencing delays and bad connection while gaming and using stuff like skype etc. and see what they will say. 

on the phone with them now and already and I can tell they dont know what they are doing. The girl on the phone didn't even seem to know what traceroute was.. i changed back to the factory modem which offers the traceroute

feature and they dont even know their own modem

• Netduma Staff

What is your ping generally to the host? I'm not sure where you are located but it could be that there aren't any Google servers near you - if that is the case it might be better to just see what your ping to host is. Also are all your devices going through the Netduma? Also try running a diagnostic early in the morning (off peak time) to see if it is IPS congestion in your area :)

• Administrators

That's quite funny about their tech support, not great for you obviously though! 

You should ask them to escalate it up higher because they clearly don't understand what is going on. 

Crossys suggestions would be good so hopefully you can avoid calling again

Doylebi

Option 1 if your on adsl turn off router for half an hour or so and turn back on router see if that helps out

Option 2 if on fiber optic.     if youve had a few disconnections or been changing routers dlm may have changed your line causing higher pings

If it has just make sure you keep the router on and wait a few days for the line to go back to normal the ping should decrease

I am on fiber and if i change routers  dlm kicks in on my line and i have to wait a few days to go back to normal

Also you should find out if your isp has  a profile called fastpath  or or also known as turn interleaved off these are availible from some isp if your on a adsl connection

I used to have a 40 ms ping when i was on adsl then i got my isp to put me on there fastpath profile my ping went down to 11 ms

Also try to do the connections wired  as i not sure how you said you was connected 

I hope this info might help not sure though

Maybe dlm  has changed your line ie ping

First of all i would turn off  the modem and all routers for 30 mins then replug in

Then hopefully within 3 days the connection should go back to normal

Thats what i do if my ping increases 

Archived