packet loss- no loss

here are the results of the second test after i rebooted everything

post-899-0-44116500-1444187099_thumb.png

normally my results are

ping- good

jitter-exceptional

spikes- exceptional

packet loss- no loss

how can i get my ping to exceptional ive tried contacting my isp telling them i have issues but they keep saying o everything is fine on our end  and i reply well it isnt on my end. i tried to play online today and it was horrible i was lagging all over the place because of my trashy isp lol

I can't get exceptional ping because of distance (Aus to US) but the rest I get exceptional.

Some nights that changes and it's when congestion happens, don't expect your ISP to be 100% honest with you though, but at the same time ISP's only care about connection working and speed being provided.

i get bad ping and good games that tells me there's a lot of instability in my connection.

there's no such thing as a perfect connection, UDP could be a factor in the router but there's no way to see. i wish we could at least set some things myself. i don't know if that will ever be possible without some sort of admin setting built in to the modem. actually there is according to one of the forum comments.

kevo,if I keep my algorithm on reactive I get good,good,good,no loss

If I switch it to preemptive I get exceptional,exceptional,exceptional,no loss

Don't know why but for me switching the algorithm works and I can tell a difference during the gaming sessions

kevo,if I keep my algorithm on reactive I get good,good,good,no loss

If I switch it to preemptive I get exceptional,exceptional,exceptional,no loss

Don't know why but for me switching the algorithm works and I can tell a difference during the gaming sessions

Your ping is good, you can see more if you click show details, I'd be looking more at the spikes/jitter really

just tried switching to reactive and tried a test it says my spikes are bad smh

:S

See how things fair in about 24 hours from provision if it's the same, make some noise and tell the ISP you're suffering on speed, connectivity and lag.

My ISP never gave two ****s about lag, I had an issue about a year ago, I'd get random disconnects but like once a day for 3 days straight (unusual for me), they would last around 10 minutes each time, so I intentionally began to unpower my modem/router every hour or so for 3-4 minutes, I did that for maybe 6 hours overall and before sleeping that night I powered it off the entire night.

The next morning I called and told them my connection was suffering. They said they could see the disconnects and sent a tech out a day later, my actual issue at that time was I had a faulty connector which started getting water into it, tech told me it was good I called early or it could have got worse had the water gotten through the coax into the house.

:S

See how things fair in about 24 hours from provision if it's the same, make some noise and tell the ISP you're suffering on speed, connectivity and lag.

My ISP never gave two ****s about lag, I had an issue about a year ago, I'd get random disconnects but like once a day for 3 days straight (unusual for me), they would last around 10 minutes each time, so I intentionally began to unpower my modem/router every hour or so for 3-4 minutes, I did that for maybe 6 hours overall and before sleeping that night I powered it off the entire night.

The next morning I called and told them my connection was suffering. They said they could see the disconnects and sent a tech out a day later, my actual issue at that time was I had a faulty connector which started getting water into it, tech told me it was good I called early or it could have got worse had the water gotten through the coax into the house.

Thats funny I do the exact same thing, and I always get my connection fixed :) and each time their has been issues they could never see unless a tech seen it for them self.

Archived