New Xbox One DashBoard

RADDY1993

i remember how much trouble they had with the old 360 dashboard (Clunky) the xbox one gets stuck all the time. i think its because there trying to make them like the swiss army knife of entertainment. somebody should come out with a mod for xbox that just plays games.

I received the new dash on Saturday it was glitchy to say the least but you can expect that with a beta . That aside I hated it so much after a couple of days that I cancelled my preview subscription and tonight I got the update to take me back to the original dash . So I am happy again , going forward when the update comes out for everybody how will I avoid it !! Any ideas guys

I received the new dash on Saturday it was glitchy to say the least but you can expect that with a beta . That aside I hated it so much after a couple of days that I cancelled my preview subscription and tonight I got the update to take me back to the original dash . So I am happy again , going forward when the update comes out for everybody how will I avoid it !! Any ideas guys

How and where did you do this mate?i got home to find I had the update,tried playing cod which froze 3 times at the menu and once I did get on my conection felt horrible compared to how it's been for the last few weeks,also I couldnt join or host any type of party chat with mates.

I believe you can do by going to the Xbox Preview Dashboard App. Then click on Registration.  It should allow you to change it there. 

Q: Can I opt-out of the New Xbox One Experience Preview?

A: Yes. During the Preview period, there are two ways you can opt-out of receiving New Xbox One Experience Preview updates.

1. Prior to receiving the New Xbox One Experience Update Preview, take no action – we’ll default you to remaining on the Existing Xbox One Experience preview. You’ll still get the benefits of Preview, like Backward Compatibility, but you’ll stay on the current Xbox One update that’s available to the public. Later, just before the general release of the New Xbox One Experience, we’ll update your console to the latest Preview build, so you’ll still get it a little early.
  2. In the Registration area of the Xbox Preview Dashboard, you can choose Remove to remove your console from the program entirely. Your console’s removal will be processed within 72 hours.

NOTE: If you choose this option after taking the New Xbox One Experience Preview update, your console will go back to the current general release of the Xbox One software, but this will restore factory defaults on your console, and erase all locally stored accounts, apps, games, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. We encourage all users to download/copy your favorite games to External Hard disks to ensure a quick recovery option in the event of data loss from a removal. 

When I first downloaded it was very glitchy. I even had to hard reset my Xbox. The new setup takes some getting use to as well. But I figured this is what Microsoft is going towards. We won't have a choice come November so I decided that I would just dive in head first. What the hell.

But I will say this there was an update a couple of days ago and it seems 100% more stable.

Nightmare Ben, how long until they have a fix for that, have they said?

Im not sure mate but I've opted out of the program,I will go back to the old dashboard when the next update wave comes out which I think are often weekly maybe,I'm hoping sooner rather than later that's for sure

If anyone is interested.  If you are running the new dashboard here is a way to get Cortana on your Xbox One(like Siri is to the Iphone).  But beware if you do not live in the U.S.  It is still in beta phase.  

Here is a link to a video that explains everything. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/lBp4T6ymUTY

For now ive gone back to the old dashboard,had to reinstall everything from games to my profile,my xbox was literally a new xbox I had to run the setup from when you first get it out of the box,surely that's never right?reason for goin back is I play with friends almost everytime I go online and party chat just didn't work at all,obviously microsoft will have this fixed for when we are all on the new Windows interface but for now I had to say goodbye

Archived