The Spiiicy Build

ziocomposite

Initially I bought a pre-made PC that was such a great deal and even recently helped Mac with an even better deal that included Skylake, SSD, and a GTX 970 for super cheap. 

With that being said, I've always wanted to build my own PC though and finally did my research to put a build together right after selling my 1st love lol.

I think picking the case was hardest thing when it came to selecting components.  So many to choose from and it's somewhat of an extension of ones self. I ended up with the Enthoo Luxe.  Classy yet fun on the inside.

2015-10-01%2011.01.29.jpg

20150916_174628.jpg

Motherboard decided to go with MSI Gaming 5 with 4790k & 16gb of Ram.  Really more than necessary for my needs which include streaming/playing some PC games.  

Snapchat-761610756547832774.jpg

Snapchat-1132632049597843660.jpg

Snapchat-4866293119879802136.jpg

Initially made the build with a closed water cooler in mind however this has changed to an Air Cooler.  Reason being the pump noise was bothering me as it was the loudest thing with the build.  Will need to update pics later.

Snapchat-1855541784530310545.jpg

Snapchat-8850150386606721025.jpg

GPU-wise went with EVGA 980 TI Hybrid as I want babe to stay cool with some slight overclocking.  Honestly don't see myself upgrading for another 4-5 years as well.

Snapchat-4155939086120719467.jpg

Here she is mostly put together :)

20150922_004913.jpg

Babe in action, once again will have to update since I did end up with an air-cooler instead.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=9093A74113FC80AE%211175&cid=9093A74113FC80AE&group=0&parId=9093A74113FC80AE%21141&o=OneUp

Wow that is so fucking cool just to not pay a vat. Wow would love to buy a pc like that man. Good for you.

Thanks Luk!  It really is a perk when it comes to prices.

That's awesome! Great cable management too :P

Yes, that's one thing I wanted to make sure and the case makes this so much easier.  Lots of grommets/Velcro in the back panel to keep things as neat as possible.  Now I just have to fix all the cables outside ;)

Very nice zio and sounds like you built it for a good price with all the stuff you have on it.

For sure and she'll be chugging a long for a good 4 years.  Only see adding a HDD sometime down the line but they're cheap nowadays too.

Awesome build... But for the future I recommend GSkill ram, they have a lifetime warranty on all of their sticks and I haven't had a single problem in 10 years of PC building with any of it. Except for one time when the Core i line had first come out, my ram wasn't compatible with my new board (not that it was bad or broken) and I talked to their amazing customer service who had me testing various mobo settings and tweaks to get it to work and then decided to just ship me new ram and let me keep the old one for free.

Gskill was an option but essentially didn't have what I was looking for.  Low profile/black.  Nowadays most memory isn't really an issue but I also did look at Kingston's warranty which is about the same.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231460

And you're right about the warranty, but just the fact that I had someone one on one with me on the phone for a few hours diagnosing why my board wouldn't post with their ram in it and then they just sent me four compatible sticks free of charge because the ones I had should have worked is enough to keep me as a lifetime customer. That's support you rarely see these days. Kinda reminds me of some company that starts with Net and ends with duma.

P.S. Most computer components are exactly the same these days. It all comes down to simple things like how much lead they use in the solder, or gold vs silver contacts for connectors. Most manufacturers are all using the same groups of parts.

Archived