upload and download ps4

why my friend live in new jersey i live in pennsylvania like 1 ours from him.. hey got he paying for 75 download and 75 uplaod. im paying for 150 download and 10 upload. when he run a test on the ps4 he ge 62 download and 36 upload.. but me , i get 21 download and 4 uplaod..

The ps4 speed test is inacurate.

Your speeds are still the same as usual.

People worry about so called speed of their internet which is really how wide their band is when true speed is ping time not how much gets there at once.

i have the same problem as well with my ps4 for the last few months.but befor that it was working great the p4 speed test

i used to get 75 dl and 17 up on my ps4 for nearly over a year  wired

but for the past few months my speeds on ps4 test are now around 50 dl and 8 mb up always wired

i think since recent patches on ps4 theve mucked up the ps4 speed test. thats just a guess

all my over devices get 75 dl and 17 up

im pretty sure if you type in ps4 ping test in google. it will bring you a few web pages you can test your ping and speeds on ps4 more accurate

imn sure i used to use them ages ago but i cant rember there webpages names

but thats what i typed to get the links to the sites

i hope i was a bit helful

Go into the web browser on PS4 and do a speed test on the site SpeedOf.me, and compare this to what your PS4 gives you.  Speedofme will also give you an approximate latency in ms, and as most gamers know this is more important for online FPS.

Sometimes using a different DNS such as google 8.8.8.8 might marginally help.

This issue is probably discussed more on the PS Forums so maybe check over there for any reasoning.  If you find anything be sure to post back here! 

Archived