An idea occurred over the weekend, what do you guys think?

Dillinger

I don't know if anyone was following the @Netduma main Twitter account over the weekend or not, but I had something develop kind of organically and I think this might actually be something kind of cool that we as the community could keep going.  Or maybe not, hence the reason for the thread.

I recently joined "The Twitter World" to get a YT'er some quick answers and get another router in the hands of a voice (new reviewer coming soon).  It definitely won't be something I keep up with as I already hate it...LOL

On a whim I sent out a Tweet to @Netduma with a screenshot of my scoreboard from Black Ops 2, with a small note saying player count, what my settings where for that game, etc.  I used #congcont in the tweet and posted my numbers (I was using 91/91, pre-emptive at the time).  I just wanted to point out there was close to 150K people playing and that I had already found success Saturday morning.

Netduma retweeted it (Thanks guys!) and it actually got some traffic.  I got a few tweets back, favorites, and I got a couple of questions I wasn't prepared for if I am being honest...LOL

I did it again to follow up on the theory on Sunday.  @Netduma again retweeted it.  More results, also more interest.

Well, there's Pandora's square containment device over there..... Why not give it a swift kick and see what happens?

What, my fellow gamers and [Duma] Champions, do you guys think about a "Tips and Tricks" Twitter account?  Obviously the whole thing would need to be sanctioned by NetDuma, and it comes with the added problematic Cause/Effect of the account being an attempted "immediate troubleshooting tool" for those with limited patience...

So the positives and negatives were swimming on the train ride in this morning and I decided the best way to advance it one way or the other is to gather some thoughts from you guys.....

• Netduma Staff

Tips and tricks sounds like a good idea. Imo, instead of making a new account, people could tweet them with a # such as #R1Tips or something like that then good ones get seen or retweeted like yours were  :) It's is engaging with the followers and you don't have to try and get new followers for a new account. Just another suggestion as I think it's a fun idea :)

Sounds like a good idea JD and I have no idea how you/people handle twitter.Way to much bullshit for me but then again i'm not the most patient or tolerant person in the world.

But still like the idea... :D

• Administrators

I love the idea, I think doing it as Crossy suggests may be better. Purely because we are trying to grow our main twitter account attempting to grow that one as well could be quite difficult, typically companies with a much higher following has two or more accounts. Will let you know what is decided, its a great idea :)

Tips and tricks sounds like a good idea. Imo, instead of making a new account, people could tweet them with a # such as #R1Tips or something like that then good ones get seen or retweeted 

And this is why I bring this here for discussion.  Great idea Crossy!  I like the addition of using a hashtag with the game, the settings and such, excellent idea!

Archived