Taking the duma to my brothers

Hey Iain do you think in the future it will actually say where the host is? And also where you click your home location.. You see Im in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and I tried putting my home location as close as I could, but I must be way off it says my friend (also newcastle) is 256 miles away any chance you could help me get it bang on?

• Netduma Staff

Hey Iain do you think in the future it will actually say where the host is? And also where you click your home location.. You see Im in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and I tried putting my home location as close as I could, but I must be way off it says my friend (also newcastle) is 256 miles away any chance you could help me get it bang on?

There is a feature on the ticket system that would add country names. You can take a look here. I wouldn't worry about getting it bang on - a couple of hundred miles in networking terms isn't much. Also, it could be that he is slightly miss located on the GeoFilter so your home location could actually be in the right place but his circle is appearing in the wrong place :)

It's more of an OCD thing crossy lol.. If my friend is 2miles away I want it to say 2miles.. I looked on Google maps and pinned newcastle and tried to copy it exact on the duma but I've still overshot it by couple hundred miles its driving me nuts lol

• Netduma Staff

I've changed it to my location on a almost map to map identical placement, but it's still wrong lol

Why do you still think it's wrong? Does it just visually look wrong? As I said before, it really won't change the performance but I understand those little things can drive you nuts, lol.

• Administrators

Ohhh just seen your post Zennon, so your saying his location could be the server of his isp and not his actual home Location? And if your playing on a dedi will it never host Migrate?

That or its mis located in which case you could get the ID and post it here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1723-cloud-incorrect-locations/page-5for us to move :)

• Netduma Staff

It's wrong because my friend that lives near me says 265miles away when infact he lives a 5 minute walk from mine lol.. So I guess I've set my location incorrect?

Ohhh just seen your post Zennon, so your saying his location could be the server of his isp and not his actual home Location? And if your playing on a dedi will it never host Migrate?

Yeah, you've probably set your home location right and it is his circle that us appearing wrong.

And I'm not sure  if dedis host migrate. If they do I don't think you get the screen when it happens.

Archived