Hi from newbie, Fort William, Scotland

Tonks

Hi, had the NetDuma for about a week now.

Have changed setup from: VDSL -> TalkTalk Huawei router -> powerline over ethernet -> Xbone (and a WiFi AP for other devices),

To: VDSL -> Draytek Vigor 130 -> NetDuma R1 -> Cat5 ethernet -> Xbone (and a WiFi AP for other devices).

At the moment I pretty much just play Destiny and can say I am impressed so far.

(Have been through the optimum setup guide)

Although it does not fix the problem 100%, as I occasionaly I still get someone within the geo-filter with a slow connection it is making a big difference.

Worth the time and money to set everything up.

Would like to see the NetDuma admin pages password protected (and stop any chance of the kids messing about with settings).

Also if there was an option to filter peers by ping rate rather than geography that would be good for games like Destiny.

Hi welcome aboard :)

The password protection will be in the next update ETA not known at the moment.

I am not sure that the devs would be able to block players based on ping, host yes player I would not of thought so, I may be wrong.

• Administrators

Hey Tonks, welcome to the forum and thanks for purchasing! Glad to see its working well on Destiny for you :)

As Zennon says password protection will be in the next upgrade, as well as this being able to identify the players from the peer ping bars so you'd be able to block the one with the worst connection should be incoming as well in an upgrade :)

Oh right I am glad I was wrong, great feature coming up then Fraser :)

Would I be right in thinking that would only work if you were the host or they were host as obviously you could not kick a player from a host or server?

• Administrators

Oh right I am glad I was wrong, great feature coming up then Fraser :)

Would I be right in thinking that would only work if you were the host or they were host as obviously you could not kick a player from a host or server?

It would work how the usual deny/allow works now, it won't boot them and will take effect 2 minutes after having disconnected, so no need for any particular party to be host :)

Archived