Windows 7 vs 10 ?

Macabi83

I'm paranoid by all the "phone home" features MS has built into Win10.

I'm waiting for ways to really leave MS out of the loop before I upgrade my own personal systems.

Win 10 over 7

Start / settings / privacy turn off all switches in all sections.

Download destroy windows 10 spying , which also blocks 7 and 8 spying (they have been at it since vista).

also uninstall OneDrive (unless you use it).

Beyond the above mentioned Windows 10 is running as fast as windows 7 with better visualizations for things such as file transfer speed calculations and tons of other features.

I have to say i'm happy with windows 10 and am moving all the people i support to windows 10 as well

I'd say 10 as well, especially now that Microsoft has been caught retrofitting its tracking technology into win 7 & 8 the whole win 10 is spying on me is a moot point.

You can disable it in 10 and now you have to disable it in 7 & 8 too so go with the faster more efficent OS i.e 10

Win10 has been a hassle for me, at least on the machine I put it on. Reverted back to 8.1, my work machine is staying at 7.

I have the same problem with my laptop atm. I used to run Windows 8.1 on my Acer and the startup was less than 2 secs. Now with Windows 10 sometimes it takes 3 min or more to fully load my desktop and when I click icons like Chrome it takes a lot longer to load than before. I'm going to look up tweaks for the Registry Editor, I'd rather fix the issue since WIndows 10 will be what all new comps will soon run on. Ill update if I find out anything. 

Archived