Netduma Custom if you want.

Trolling_Farm

I was thinking about adding a fan to the top of my Netduma so I decided to take mine apart and see if it was possible. 

To take your Netduma apart if you look  at the bottom on the inside you will see 4 clips. No screws are involved, the only thing that keeps it together is the two pieces and a sticker that is actually the front part of the duma. Take apart at your own risk, the risk of breaking is minimal of you do it right and go slow. Also you will nice two metal square shaped bent mental. That is the WIFI antenna I believe so don't bend those. Mine will be black soon with a CPU fan mod installed on top. I wish to use the usb port to power the fan over usb but if not I will just wire up something.

Pictures of the duma taken apart.

5CA20308-31D7-44F5-A60F-9E9D0B620B9B.jpg

7AE0989F-BCF9-439B-9702-3B07DDA97B7C.jpg

1A7869D3-71F2-4790-B114-384D643FE5E2.jpg

7AE0989F-BCF9-439B-9702-3B07DDA97B7C.jpg

B0627230-B6A3-4B16-A1CE-47689D5D155B.jpg

B0627230-B6A3-4B16-A1CE-47689D5D155B.jpg

B17BF135-21B2-4175-96B0-A36DB200198B.jpg

C36B1536-61B7-4378-B9C1-C7EE8BDCB520.jpg

0F8B17E4-CF7E-445B-B710-1B7267EEE2B2.jpg

Awesome idea trolling_farm, I am so happy we have cleared up all of the forum disputes and we can all get back to writing and reading great articles! I like your idea, I was thinking about doing this but I think I will wait until my warranty ends just incase the router becomes defective before then.

Yeah I was going to make my next post about warranty :) You beat me to it! After 30 days go wild on it if you're brave enough. It's safe!

I didn't notice anything else about a warranty on the site other then this. So if you break it you HAVE TO BUY A NEW ONE!

Returns Policy

For UK and Republic of Ireland customers, you may return any router purchased from Netduma Limited website shop within 14 days of the date shown on your order dispatch date for a full refund for any reason. For international orders, please return within 7 days of the date you receive your order. If you believe the item has a fault see the details below on returning faulty items.

The router must not have been powered up or connected to any other device in order to qualify for a full refund.

We cannot accept items returned after 30 days or that are in unsellable condition or that have missing parts.

Where'd you get your power from?  Looks like the connector is just dangling there.  Is there going to be some sort of thermostat, or will it be always on?  Cool idea though (pun intended) as I've noticed the duma runs hot! 

I see you're planning on USB power.  Do you think placing the fan motor over the antennas will cause any interference?  

Where'd you get your power from?  Looks like the connector is just dangling there.  Is there going to be some sort of thermostat, or will it be always on?  Cool idea though (pun intended) as I've noticed the duma runs hot! 

I see you're planning on USB power.  Do you think placing the fan motor over the antennas will cause any interference?  

I would like to buy a USB converter. But I don't think the USB port works on the duma, if not I will use rig up a power supply.

When I do get a fan on it I will check signal, in the end I don't really care about the WIFI because I only use it to access the Netduma GUI other then that I use my other network. I just want to cool down the duma and change the look. I was thinking about getting out my dermal and make a template and design something that way. IDK so IDEAS!

I would like to buy a USB converter. But I don't think the USB port works on the duma, if not I will use rig up a power supply.

When I do get a fan on it I will check signal, in the end I don't really care about the WIFI because I only use it to access the Netduma GUI other then that I use my other network. I just want to cool down the duma and change the look. I was thinking about getting out my dermal and make a template and design something that way. IDK so IDEAS!

USB doesn't work, but it does supply power... I've used it to charge my phone plenty of times lol

You could solder right to the pins on the board for the USB for 5v power

usb2-Apinout-600.jpg

USB doesn't work, but it does supply power... I've used it to charge my phone plenty of times lol

You could solder right to the pins on the board for the USB for 5v power

usb2-Apinout-600.jpg

Haha didn't realise port provided power. That's my turtlebeach charging problem sorted saying I always forget to charge them when I finish gaming. Cheers

Archived