A Few Questions

1. Can I get rid of my Nighthawk and use this as a replacement? I currently do Ethernet on all my gaming and wifi only for 2 smart phones, 1 BluRay player, and an Amazon Echo.

2. Does this device work best as an access point only?

3. Do all feature work wifi/Ethernet? Or specific to type of connection point?

If I have more I will let you all know.

First of all Welcome.

1. The simple answer to that is depending on what is your internet connection speeds. Why? Curently this router support something like 120 mb speed but not much more than that. There is a update to the software that will increase that to like 900 mb but no realess yet. So if you are bleow that 120 mg like i am then yes you can have it as a primary router if you wont to have those crazy speeds like 120 + then for now atlest you would need nighthawa as you main router.

Onother thing to mention is that this router runs 2.4 ghz wifi only. So again if you want that 5 ghz you would have to keep that night hawk. An these is not subject to change as this is hardware limitation.

2. So i think the first answer also answer this one it all depends on yoour overall setup and what you tring to achive.

3. As far as i know the should do work on both connection. But i had never testes geo filter wirelessy.

I have seen people use the NH in AP mode after the Netduma so you can use its 5ghz WiFi and still have all the greatness of the Netduma features and congestion control.

I am sure a member who has this setup will let you know how it is for them.

I have 28 down and 6 up BT fibre to the cabinet connection. The cable comes into the house and into the open reach modem. I then got rid of the BT homeHub and replaced it with my R1 and it all works a treat.

I give my gaming console 28 on the congestion control flower thing and the rest is evenly distributed with share excess ticked.

When gaming I lower the sliders to 70 % and it works fine with no complaints from anywhere else in the home.

It is literally me only using the Internet except for my dad using it on his phone like 30 minutes a day. THAT IS IT. I use PS4 or Xbox One (Netflix on one and gaming on the other) if I am gaming hard I turn the netflix off. I always have my phone connected and my computer connected to the Internet repeatedly but usually not in use. My Netgear is just having issues prioritizing my gaming and QoS blows imo. I've DMZ my PS4, but just no luck as tonight I'm back to a strict nat when it wasn't like that. I have a noticeable lag when playing: call of duty for example, I'm playing all good and stuff and then my character runs in place for the enemy and then a second or two later I'm back at the original location where my character is running in place. Currently ethernet on that console. Plus my 360 has to actually be wireless because Ethernet doesn't give me the ability to DMZ and is slower for some odd reason, slower than wireless...idk

I'm currently paying 30 Down 5 Upload best in my area

I have a Motorola SB 6141

And the Nighthawk R7000

Just trying to figure out the best solution. My friend pointed this router out today, it seems great just want to know if it will even change my issues

Can someone link me to images of this NetDuma also maybe pictures of their setup. Secondly does anyone have to actual specs on the system, I can't seem to find them anywhere. You know processor and ram, etc

There are screen shots of the features Here on the Netduma website.

Could you do a ping test to 8.8.8.8 using this command

ping 8.8.8.8 -n 25

And run it at peaktime to see if you are having ISP issues causing you to have the lag.

Is it not possible at all to have your 360 wired? as the WiFi could be the cause of the rubber banding.

The issues of you rubber banding (lag whatever you want to call it ) are been experienced by many players at the moment on the Black ops 3 beta. The devs have even acknowledged there is an issue.

On my homehub I used to dmz my console etc but with the R1 I just turn on upnp and let it do its thing. No problems with Nat type.

Once since February I had a strict Nat type, Rebooted router problem solved.

Below are a couple of pics of the router (not the prettiest looking thing lol) There are quite a few reviews of it also on the internet. Independent reviews to so honest stuff. Just do a quick google.

post-788-0-23091400-1440407606_thumb.jpg

post-788-0-52592800-1440407607_thumb.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Can someone link me to images of this NetDuma also maybe pictures of their setup. Secondly does anyone have to actual specs on the system, I can't seem to find them anywhere. You know processor and ram, etc

Here is the spec sheet. Just remember that it is the software that is what makes the difference, not the hardware :)

My 360 can be Ethernet (I literally have the cord right next to it waiting to be plugged in) but it actually lowers the speed of it for some really odd reason but I'm not worried much about 360 anymore anyway.

Rubber banding is happening on all the consoles (not just the black ops 3 beta which is odd) it happens on AW Xbox One, Black Ops 2 Xbox 360, and Black Ops 3 Beta PS4.

I'm running a MacBook Pro so ho do I do a ping test and peak it? Not a 100% familiar with all terms.

Thank you for the Spec Sheet and yes Software is major I know :)

[ Will there be an upgraded model coming out soon with AC and 3.0 USB support? Anyone know? ]

Method 2 on this webpage for mac.

Where it says send only ... pings , enter a number like 25 or 50 so it pings for a longer period of time.

Try it off peak and on peak internet times to rule out ISP congestion etc.

Edit: i do not think there is an hardware upgrade anytime soon but belive me the WiFi is really strong on this router anyway :)

• Netduma Staff

Thank you for the Spec Sheet and yes Software is major I know :)

[ Will there be an upgraded model coming out soon with AC and 3.0 USB support? Anyone know? ]

No doubt, in the future, an upgraded model will be released. But to my knowledge, nothing like this is in the works.

• Netduma Staff

How new is this model, also does N and AC affect wired at all? Or not at all?

Well this model was released in November and is the only model that has been out. There are regularish software updates (free) that keep it up to date. And no, N and AC won't affect wired, only wireless :)

As far as your rubber banding that you're seeing it could be a bad ISP connection which this router won't fix. Could be bad packet loss (I've been dealing with it since May)

Archived