Blops3 beta geo filter not working

bagsta69

its not working

geo-filter is active (double checked), strickt mode ticked, ping assist to 0

yet a lot of people from outside the range do make it into the game, here a picture that shows this quite well

GZ3GpNn.png

could you click the host circle and post the ID please.

Also Od1n that's how it works in CoD only the host is guaranteed to be in the circle. 

oh man my bad, i actually know this but for whatever reason havent thought about this

i have noticed that you have to restart the game once in a while when you quit a game/lobby as the game cannot find players anymore

the game says "found players X amount" "couldnt connect to X amount" in a rapid pattern, the geo-filter also doesnt show any matching players

so i guess the game just isnt fully done yet regarding the matchmaking process

• Administrators

Awesome, thanks for reporting man. 

If it becomes an issue I'll run a cloud myself, otherwise we'll wait till Fraser gets back to the office next Friday :)

Yea GF has been hit or miss,for me sometimes it works sometimes it does not. but again I think it's more of a BO3 thing than a duma thing.

I got to agree with bagsta. The game tries its best to connect me to a Dedicated Server. Unfortunately, I am in between 2 Dedis that are extremely far away (Japan and Australia) and giving an average ping of 120ms (as BO3 alledgedly says).
When I use the Geo-filter to block those countries, I am still able to find players once in a while but then, the host will appear to be in the West Coast of the US which is obviously out of my Geo-filter region.
It's either there's a wrong placement of host or there is a new Dedicated Server in the US.
Either way, I'll try to remind myself to copy the ID when I play the Beta again.

At least you guys enjoy a game below 100ms. I am getting a few expected deaths due to the high ping but surprisingly, the game plays quite smoothly almost like as if I am not lagging.
Keyword here is ALMOST.

At least you guys enjoy a game below 100ms.

Im mostly under 100ms and im not enjoying the game at all.

I honestly think my ISP if up the duff.

Im mostly under 100ms and im not enjoying the game at all.

I honestly think my ISP if up the duff.

dont worry, it plays just as terrible for me when playing on hosts with like 30ms

other games are just fine, it must be the game and not your ISP

Archived