Ping Results.

PharmDawgg

What pings are you guys seeing in game. I am ranging from 40 to 80. I hoping to get around 20 one day or less. I'm on Comcast and my service should be 100 up/20 down. My ping averages around 30 on the speedtest. I think I'm going to call to see if they can help me out.

What pings are you guys seeing in game. I am ranging from 40 to 80. I hoping to get around 20 one day or less. I'm on Comcast and my service should be 100 up/20 down. My ping averages around 30 on the speedtest. I think I'm going to call to see if they can help me out.

Buck, bandwidth doesn't affect your ping, it's all about how far the signal has to travel. If you want lower in-game pings then you need to restrict how far the hosts you connect to are using the geo-filter. But, if there aren't enough players close enough to you then it would be hard to find any games. The folks that are living in densely populated metropolitan areas can make their geo-filter really small because of that reason and get some very low game pings. I can shrink my filter down to get 30ms games but it'd be like 1 game every hour, lol.

Buck, bandwidth doesn't affect your ping, it's all about how far the signal has to travel. If you want lower in-game pings then you need to restrict how far the hosts you connect to are using the geo-filter. But, if there aren't enough players close enough to you then it would be hard to find any games. The folks that are living in densely populated metropolitan areas can make their geo-filter really small because of that reason and get some very low game pings. I can shrink my filter down to get 30ms games but it'd be like 1 game every hour, lol.

Have you tried to shrink your filter that small?  Just curious if you got into any games?  I've played maybe 2 since getting the R1 where an actual Hawaii player was host.  For all I know, maybe I was host.  I did notice though, I had 2 other Hawaii players in the room and it seemed because of those 2, we got host.  Ping was down like somewhere in the 15-25ms range.  IT WAS INSANE!  Basically......i was BEAST running around.  LMAO

I've made the filter just cover the islands during peak gaming hours to see what would happen.  By myself, it's hard to find a game.  There will be a handful of players that get put in the lobby but it's hard to get it full enough to launch the game.  If I party up with a friend or two, I noticed it does make it more likely to find a game.  The connection is insane when there is a Hawaii host, makes you feel invincible compared to what we usually deal with.  All you other mofo's that routinely get these connections, I HATE YOU! :P It's so good that even though it's hard to find a game, I'll try the filter that small once in a while.  I just want a little taste of that ping once in a while.

I've made the filter just cover the islands during peak gaming hours to see what would happen.  By myself, it's hard to find a game.  There will be a handful of players that get put in the lobby but it's hard to get it full enough to launch the game.  If I party up with a friend or two, I noticed it does make it more likely to find a game.  The connection is insane when there is a Hawaii host, makes you feel invincible compared to what we usually deal with.  All you other mofo's that routinely get these connections, I HATE YOU! :P It's so good that even though it's hard to find a game, I'll try the filter that small once in a while.  I just want a little taste of that ping once in a while.

I'm going to try it

@ Buck Nasssty since i hit a couple of dedi's daily now pings are between 15 - 40 with a few spikes here and there but really solid.If you can find a dedi close i think you'll have steady pings,but that's just been my experience.

Archived