R3 how to get a better latency score on waveform?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah my goal is to get the lowest latency for a better gaming experience but I'm not having luck. i have gigabit speed with quantum fiber, and im scoring a C on bufferbloat, and my gameplay on all FPS gaming has been inconstant....

• Administrators

It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

image.thumb.png.9510e0dd546ccf311bb392d08d04d29e.png

These are probs the best results i will see, not becasue of the R3 but just becasue of the stability of my line in my area :) @JAMINIROON

Everyones CC will be different, its not a one size fits all

• Administrators
4 hours ago, JAMINIROON said:

I went down to 50% with no luck.... Quantum Fiber is starting to be a issue i think

Make sure you have speed test bypass disabled then start at 95%, do a test, go down by 10%, test, rinse repeat until you get to a good value then try 5% either side of that

8 hours ago, JAMINIROON said:

Sir your Upload is very bad.
Bad latenz and why you have more upload as download?

Have your Quantum Fiber Router a bad QOS?

You test DMZ for R3? 
You test TCP Optimizer?

Bufferbload Score is Simple.
I have 180 Mbit Down und 42 Up.... if i set to 150 and 35 i have Score A+ :-)

is the CC suppose to only allow us to stop at 50%? I knew on my R2 and xr1000 I could use the sliders down to 2 if I wanted too...my up and down are always stopping at 50%

• Administrators
4 hours ago, David824 said:

is the CC suppose to only allow us to stop at 50%? I knew on my R2 and xr1000 I could use the sliders down to 2 if I wanted too...my up and down are always stopping at 50%

Currently yes it's limited at 50% - we'll likely remove this cap in a future update

I used to get an A+ with the R2 on the bufferbloat test. The R3 usually produces a B. I have adjusted the congestion sliders manually and nothing really makes a difference. But i was using the R2 with only 2 devices connected to it as a secondary router. I now use the R3 as the main router and now all my hardwired devices are connected to it. It isnt something i am going to lose sleep over as I am planning to move later this year. I will most likely still have AT&T fiber for internet service so I will see if my connection and house setup has anything to do with it. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Alias 1aB said:

I used to get an A+ with the R2 on the bufferbloat test. The R3 usually produces a B. I have adjusted the congestion sliders manually and nothing really makes a difference. But i was using the R2 with only 2 devices connected to it as a secondary router. I now use the R3 as the main router and now all my hardwired devices are connected to it. It isnt something i am going to lose sleep over as I am planning to move later this year. I will most likely still have AT&T fiber for internet service so I will see if my connection and house setup has anything to do with it. 

I'd suggest using this guide while downloading instead as the results will be more real world and you can optimize from there https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=e27a6186-33cd-4fb0-b8bc-57f78cfde531

50% congestion on both download and upload. called provider, they came out today and replaced ONT, but it doesn't look like it solved the problem.

i have geo filter disabled, smart boost disabled.

any advice to try, unless i should just choose another provider then quantum fiber. the latency issue is terrible in fps games

• Administrators
13 hours ago, JAMINIROON said:

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=e27a6186-33cd-4fb0-b8bc-57f78cfde531

50% congestion on both download and upload. called provider, they came out today and replaced ONT, but it doesn't look like it solved the problem.

i have geo filter disabled, smart boost disabled.

any advice to try, unless i should just choose another provider then quantum fiber. the latency issue is terrible in fps games

By disabled SmartBOOST what do you mean exactly as that would prevent you changing the Congestion Control sliders. Try the method I mentioned above.