Is R3 new firmware update is out?

• AFGHAN changed the title to Is R3 new firmware update is out?
58 minutes ago, AFGHAN said:

If you go to hybrid VPN it suggests to upgrade the firmware to latest version to use hybrid VPN @Netduma Fraserany update on the new firmware?

Screenshot_2024-04-04-12-50-10-93_761b0cdd57abd3e0de11ef17aa980e80.jpg

What firmware version is that, this is what I get:-

2024-04-04_14-06-53_690.png.6dc1c4c64b192fad446e7e38d3ccbacf.png

1 hour ago, Mrbchambers said:

What firmware version is that, this is what I get:-

2024-04-04_14-06-53_690.png.6dc1c4c64b192fad446e7e38d3ccbacf.png

My R3 software version is 4.0.41Screenshot_2024-04-04-15-10-27-10_761b0cdd57abd3e0de11ef17aa980e80.thumb.jpg.a0ac6f64739e46cbafbf5d995faaf5ff.jpg

• Administrators

I think you're viewing that on the app is that right? In which case the app has been updated ahead of time so once the main firmware is out you can use HVPN using the app.

I see, I don't use the app, I would have to knock wifi on, and I don't use wifi, so I haven't seen that page, I was just looking via a web browser on to the routers server.

Just now, MarkonikovBR said:

What is hybridd vpn for?

It's so you can connect to a virtual private network which helps to cloak your Internet protocol at the benefit of improving your network safety.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, MarkonikovBR said:

What is hybridd vpn for?

The above is what it is and what the main benefit is but a lot of people use it to get around Geo restrictions e.g. so you can watch US Netflix for example

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The above is what it is and what the main benefit is but a lot of people use it to get around Geo restrictions e.g. so you can watch US Netflix for example

Does it help for gaming or just network privacy and netflix? Tnx

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Zli said:

Does it help for gaming or just network privacy and netflix? Tnx

It increases your latency so I wouldn't recommend it but people do use it for gaming

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It increases your latency so I wouldn't recommend it but people do use it for gaming

OK. and can it use expressvpn or nordvpn services? Will there be those settings?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Zli said:

OK. and can it use expressvpn or nordvpn services? Will there be those settings?

You would need to get the configuration files from them and input it into HVPN - there are no basic options where you can just select a provider and connect

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You would need to get the configuration files from them and input it into HVPN - there are no basic options where you can just select a provider and connect

Great. Now I am currently connected to my asus router to my modem from my isp. The isp modem is in bridge mode. Asus is set to vpn. I have express vpn subscription. my Netduma R3 is connected to the Asus router. I set DMZ in the Asus router from the Wan R3. Asus router has DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. R3 has no DNS. Sony has the same 8.8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. The Sony ps5 is connected to the R3 of course.R3 through Asus router works on VPN. 40% of my hits in MW3 have improved.

Screenshot_20240406_212005_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240406_215334.jpg