XR1000 firware and duma os 3.3

4 minutes ago, Caution said:

My Add blocker on my XR1000 seem working. i do run some other add blockers tho. 
I also use a DNS - NextDNS that has even more add blockers added but it only block around 10-15% 

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 22.13.20.png

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 22.09.42.png

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 22.10.07.png

I have no idea why mine doesn't work so I'll try it out and see if I can fix it

8 minutes ago, ryekye said:

I have no idea why mine doesn't work so I'll try it out and see if I can fix it

i recall having issue where it seem to pick random devices to block items on.  but after a reboot of the device it started to work again. 

i do know  a wile back the Netdrum default Block list was missing on there server but it has sins been added back. this was fixed on October 16.

what i cannot get working with it is to add a TXT file to it. it had to be a link to type in the address u want to block but this method is limmited to how many u can add. as it stop working after around 20 addresses.  

to note most of my devices have a static IP addresses (around 40 of my devices). as i have seen device having the same IP address of another old device but the router think it is the same device  (say laptop showing as a iPhone) this is why i have given all my devices a static ip address and use random ones for guest devices. 

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Caution said:

hope this fixes the random factory reset the router seems to do it self every 4-5months sins owning it. also hope it is less ram hungry and stop filling it up within days. 

I do run the router to the max with add blockers, Dynamic DNS, 3xAP 

Sounds like it's probably losing power momentarily rather than it doing so otherwise as I couldn't think of anything router wise that would cause it to happen that frequently

33 minutes ago, Caution said:

i recall having issue where it seem to pick random devices to block items on.  but after a reboot of the device it started to work again. 

i do know  a wile back the Netdrum default Block list was missing on there server but it has sins been added back. this was fixed on October 16.

what i cannot get working with it is to add a TXT file to it. it had to be a link to type in the address u want to block but this method is limmited to how many u can add. as it stop working after around 20 addresses.  

to note most of my devices have a static IP addresses (around 40 of my devices). as i have seen device having the same IP address of another old device but the router think it is the same device  (say laptop showing as a iPhone) this is why i have given all my devices a static ip address and use random ones for guest devices. 

It says enabled for all my devices it's just not blocking nothing sadly idk y

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sounds like it's probably losing power momentarily rather than it doing so otherwise as I couldn't think of anything router wise that would cause it to happen that frequently

defo not loosing power, when it does happen to me it looks like it crashed out then rebooted it self and then comes back a factory reset but as i have AP connected to it (by lan cable). i can still access the internet.  sins owning this router it has done it 3 times in total.  and as a backup file does not restore most of the settings i use i keep a spreadsheet with all the static ip address, mac addresses, AD blockers list and so on. takes me around an 1-2 hour to add everything back in. 
Also seem to be the same issue As another member saying here

also around the 2 weeks mark the router reboot itself  i put this down to running out of ram on it and it is freeing it up. 
Most the time i do not notice last restarted around 11 days ago and seem to restart early in the morning most of the time.  The RAM right now shows as -1.8 to -2.1 so i am assuming in the next couple of day it will do the same thing and the router will reboot it self.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Caution said:

defo not loosing power, when it does happen to me it looks like it crashed out then rebooted it self and then comes back a factory reset but as i have AP connected to it (by lan cable). i can still access the internet.  sins owning this router it has done it 3 times in total.  and as a backup file does not restore most of the settings i use i keep a spreadsheet with all the static ip address, mac addresses, AD blockers list and so on. takes me around an 1-2 hour to add everything back in. 
Also seem to be the same issue As another member saying here

also around the 2 weeks mark the router reboot itself  i put this down to running out of ram on it and it is freeing it up. 
Most the time i do not notice last restarted around 11 days ago and seem to restart early in the morning most of the time.  The RAM right now shows as -1.8 to -2.1 so i am assuming in the next couple of day it will do the same thing and the router will reboot it self.

If you could get the log now there may be some indications of what is happening and what may cause it. A new update isn't far off though so hopefully that should resolve it (if it's not an NG issue)

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you could get the log now there may be some indications of what is happening and what may cause it. A new update isn't far off though so hopefully that should resolve it (if it's not an NG issue)

The logs only seem to go back to Nov 26,2023 20:32:00 so does not go back to the restart date. and i don't have an email set up to send the logs to. is there a way to download the logs on the website?

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The logs only seem to go back to Nov 26,2023 20:32:00 so does not go back to the restart date. and i don't have an email set up to send the logs to. is there a way to download the logs on the website?
Best to use this topic for this issue.  rather than using 2 topics with the same info. 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Caution said:

That's fine, whatever you have now will be fine, go to the System Information page, on the logs panel click the :menu icon and you can download it

47 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

My ram does the - part too alot and have to reboot temporary fix!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No sign of beta yet then shame really i wanted to use my xr1000 for atleast a while longer but can see it getting binned off. 600 quid spent on netduma based routers only to be left in the dark i know some of it is netgears fault. Just have to get the r3 later in the year. 

5 hours ago, AnarchyAli said:

Nenhum sinal de beta ainda, então é uma pena, eu realmente queria usar meu xr1000 por pelo menos mais um tempo, mas posso vê-lo sendo descartado. 600 libras gastas em roteadores baseados em netduma apenas para ficar no escuro, eu sei que parte disso é culpa da netgears. Só preciso comprar o r3 no final do ano. 

I won't buy Duma OS ever again. I've never seen it take so long to release a BETA firmware version. If it were the final version, I would even understand. But beta, generally the user is the one who tests. Hence the name BETA TEST. That's what they want, for you to give up what is no longer supported, and buy what will be supported.

Sorry Frazer…I undestand… But you used the same words 2 months ago and all The last year. I don’t want argue but… really ask to duma a clear date if really they want release the firmware. Sorry if I’m aggressive

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Lagnuso said:

Sorry Frazer…I undestand… But you used the same words 2 months ago and all The last year. I don’t want argue but… really ask to duma a clear date if really they want release the firmware. Sorry if I’m aggressive

They don't give any ETAs so I'm doing my best to give people an indication based on what I know at the time

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Lagnuso said:

i sold my xr1000 today. tired to wait something that never arrived. feel like a weight has been lifted off my stomach.  bye bye xr1000!!

Bye Duma OS. NetDuma No More!

On 11/28/2023 at 4:40 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

So you guys need to update latest firmware link for xr1000 it got one the 20th 4 days ago from netgear for security kinda wish it was dumaos 3.3 though! No wonder u guys haven't got build back yet and also I'm probably gonna use my xr1000 again until the r3 issues get fixed I love the r3 and whatnot but it's still pretty buggy so I'll use my xr1000 for now till r3 gets fixed!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ryekye said:

So you guys need to update latest firmware link for xr1000 it got one the 20th 4 days ago from netgear for security kinda wish it was dumaos 3.3 though! No wonder u guys haven't got build back yet and also I'm probably gonna use my xr1000 again until the r3 issues get fixed I love the r3 and whatnot but it's still pretty buggy so I'll use my xr1000 for now till r3 gets fixed!

Thanks for the heads up, I will update it. Yes it's not what we suggested to them to happen but we'll get it out as soon as we can

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the heads up, I will update it. Yes it's not what we suggested to them to happen but we'll get it out as soon as we can

Definitely definitely I'm using my xr1000 till r3 gets fixed! So far no issues