Bad Hit Reg. Latency 1 second behind the enemy movements.

Oguzhan

Hello guys,

I've been having this problem for 4-5 months. While playing in hardcore mode, my opponents can get results with 1-2 bullets, while most of the bullets I shoot don't even work. When playing Warzone, it's even worse, the game is at least 1.5 seconds behind. When I think I'm running and hiding, I'm already dead .I made a few changes and tweaked the router interface this week but I need more professional help. I also have a nice gaming monitor and accessories.

Using netduma r2 connecting from Istanbul/Turkey.

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

What is the average ping you're seeing on the Geo-Filter and in game? What is the closest server to you that you're forcing? 

What is your physical setup e.g. ISP modem/router > R2 - are all devices connected to the R2?

As above, could you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

58 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Welcome to the forum!

What is the average ping you're seeing on the Geo-Filter and in game? What is the closest server to you that you're forcing? 

What is your physical setup e.g. ISP modem/router > R2 - are all devices connected to the R2?

As above, could you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

In the geo filter i have see 46 in game 48 to 50.

The closest ones in Italy servers.

I have set my r2 as a modem not like router.

ISP’s cable >R2>PS5 wired connection. 100 / 10 mbs vdsl.

Thanks u very much guys this help means a lot.

1C532CE2-60D8-4E0E-A4AC-BF6ED980B40C.jpeg

1501C914-3E54-4E96-BA9D-8046CD734C07.jpeg

044BFF2B-BC38-408C-8341-F216773F5F04.jpeg

• Administrators

You will be limited really by your location to the servers, it's unlikely you'll be able to get that down significantly so what some people do is force servers a little further away which may play better for you. You can reset Bandwidth Allocation that's unneeded. Could you provide a completed Connection Benchmark test as well please?

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You will be limited really by your location to the servers, it's unlikely you'll be able to get that down significantly so what some people do is force servers a little further away which may play better for you. You can reset Bandwidth Allocation that's unneeded. Could you provide a completed Connection Benchmark test as well please?

I reset allocation.

289BA4C4-6312-434D-95EB-15280262BBCD.png

• Administrators

Ping Under Load at that rating would indicate that QoS could be fine tuned some more. It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. Just for download though, your upload is good. You just want to get the download spike on Ping Under Load to bare barely over 10 as you do have some spiking on your line so that will be the best you can get.

@OguzhanIf you did the following you also try using a vpn as a last resort to get better connection to certain servers as there are times when ISP routing is not the shortest route and that results in higher latency. Including the fact most ISP throttle connections

This could be the case on peer servers (peering problem between ISPs). But on dedicated servers like on COD, using a VPN with a server in Istanbul will only increase the ping on the game!

54 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ping Under Load at that rating would indicate that QoS could be fine tuned some more. It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. Just for download though, your upload is good. You just want to get the download spike on Ping Under Load to bare barely over 10 as you do have some spiking on your line so that will be the best you can get.

what is the point of reset bandwith allocation btw?

If I may allow Frazer to add,

Bandwidth allocation per device will "simply" allow you to get more bandwidth for example downloading a game to the PS5 in case other devices have it need !

On the other hand, prioritizing traffic and controlling congestion is essential!

@FuzyFor me personally it night and day difference using a vpn when it comes to cod hit detection I don't play newer cods so couldn't speak on they're crappy engine especially anything to do with the MW franchise is dead to me though that my own two cents you play what you like at the end of the day :)

Of course, it is "known" on old cod without cross platform using hybrid or peer (peering) servers. Which is not the question... In any case, the mechanics of a VPN tunnel will not allow a decrease in ping on games... With frustrated or bad players on old CODs... I hope you get better results even without a VPN...

@FuzyIt funny because increasing your ping seems to give an advantage in these newer games which is ironic to say the least...for cod anywhere between 50+ is the sweet spot mind blowing ain't it 😂 I can tell the difference between being able to go through coners and shit on a player but when I am at a lower ping it the whole opposite I am the one getting shot behind coners or without visibility of the player

Low ping is not king in cod maybe in other games but not anymore just like in apex you be seeing lag switchers/ddosers dominate the game not saying everyone is doing so but it a thing 

On 8/13/2023 at 12:57 PM, DARKNESS said:

@KingzzyI never said it acts on the trace route I said it not needed if your routing is close to a data center since your latency is non existent why do you think all this Youtubers live next to a data center and act like they're good at playing with no ping 😂

bipolar-scary.gif

End of the day, i am still waiting for a solution to my issue :)

I am barely one second behind the enemy, stil getting bad hit markers but i’m playing with 40 to 60ms  ping.

Anyone could help ?

3 hours ago, Oguzhan said:

End of the day, i am still waiting for a solution to my issue :)

I am barely one second behind the enemy, stil getting bad hit markers but i’m playing with 40 to 60ms  ping.

Anyone could help ?

Absolutely changing servers seems to be the best solution for you !

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you tried the suggestions so far such as fine tuning Congestion Control?

Yeah step by step i tried, i was found better results on the chart but in game experience did not even changed. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Oguzhan said:

Yeah step by step i tried, i was found better results on the chart but in game experience did not even changed. 

It wouldn't necessarily but will keep your network as stable as possible should any device use a lot of bandwidth. Have you tried forcing servers further away?