XR1000 Any News?

How far is it in the testing phase currently? In addition is there ever going to be beta builds for the XR1000 since from looking it doesn't seem to be the case but the XR500 does so that doesn't make much sense for why there isn't especially since they run different hardware which means different coding

• Administrators

Based on what I can see the team are debugging an issue with accessing the interface after implementing fixes for 3.3 so it depends how long that takes. There probably will be, I just don't want to promise one in case it does end up going straight to the public release. I would be surprised if that happened though.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Based on what I can see the team are debugging an issue with accessing the interface after implementing fixes for 3.3 so it depends how long that takes. There probably will be, I just don't want to promise one in case it does end up going straight to the public release. I would be surprised if that happened though.

Gotcha I rather it be stable update so take the time to fix core issues I just decided for the time being to have the R2 and XR1000 combo AP

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserAs for betas in the future for the XR1000 are there going to be any before public release for testing?

Generally the betas are up to Netgear but we do push for them, especially when there are big changes such as the transition to 3.3 so I imagine there will be at least one beta but for more smaller updates I wouldn't expect we'd do a beta every time. 

As a long time on the waiting line is seeing how long we all been waiting is the update across all models a actual night and day difference?  

I dream it should be seeing everyone waiting what is it 2 years?

• Administrators

It'll bring it more up to speed with the other platforms and will also make use of DPI cloud updates using our new Auto DPI so will have better support for existing games and faster support for any new games and should be more polished overall, I believe it will have HybridVPN as well.

On 6/19/2023 at 7:05 AM, crunkjuice1 said:

As a long time on the waiting line is seeing how long we all been waiting is the update across all models a actual night and day difference?  

I dream it should be seeing everyone waiting what is it 2 years?

I've given up. I sold my XR1000 and bought something else instead. The problem is that the XR1000 had a problem with the very thing I needed most. My connection suffers from bad buffer bloat, but there is a bug in the XR1000 that affects the solution if you happen to have a PPPoE connection - which I do. I waited nearly two years, I couldn't wait any longer. I use Cake now in a Merlin Asus, which does the job perfectly.

Not sure whether to be nice or nasty to Netduma over this. On the one hand, other companies are just as bad for not fixing problems in routers, so you can't really single them out. On the other hand, Netduma has the will, but not the way - it seems that their testing process is just bogging them down. From my perspective, the company has two alternatives, the first is to get the testing sorted, the second is to give up on anything other than really serious updates and concentrate on new products - I would have been happy if I could have bought an XR2000. As it stands, though, waiting two years and having nothing to show is not a great thing.

5 hours ago, Harley said:

I've given up. I sold my XR1000 and bought something else instead. The problem is that the XR1000 had a problem with the very thing I needed most. My connection suffers from bad buffer bloat, but there is a bug in the XR1000 that affects the solution if you happen to have a PPPoE connection - which I do. I waited nearly two years, I couldn't wait any longer. I use Cake now in a Merlin Asus, which does the job perfectly.

Not sure whether to be nice or nasty to Netduma over this. On the one hand, other companies are just as bad for not fixing problems in routers, so you can't really single them out. On the other hand, Netduma has the will, but not the way - it seems that their testing process is just bogging them down. From my perspective, the company has two alternatives, the first is to get the testing sorted, the second is to give up on anything other than really serious updates and concentrate on new products - I would have been happy if I could have bought an XR2000. As it stands, though, waiting two years and having nothing to show is not a great thing.

Same here : PPPoE connection with bad buffer bloat and tons of other problems. 

After 2 years of waiting for a new firmware and seeing "soon" posts, I'm beginning to think that there is nothing to back it up. It is all BS.

Even fixes for the old firmware like1.0.0.68 appear and disappear without explanation. It is time to move on. 

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, tduma said:

Have they still not fixed the pppoe  sliders issue in the new firmware??? 🙄

If you're talking about the update today that's for V2 so if you don't have that one you can ignore it, it was also only changes from NG

The elephant in the room is the devaluation of TWO YEARS. Personally it feels longer than that.

my heart is in the science but logically using isp or newer third party hardware is a safe bet. 

what has always simmered in my mind is the in house routers that are not tied to netgear should be  ahead in software. These Netduma products software doesn’t Need to get sent out for approval by netgear so what’s the hurdle? 

good luck to both the gamers and the Netduma team.

• Administrators
On 6/28/2023 at 5:41 AM, crunkjuice1 said:

The elephant in the room is the devaluation of TWO YEARS. Personally it feels longer than that.

my heart is in the science but logically using isp or newer third party hardware is a safe bet. 

what has always simmered in my mind is the in house routers that are not tied to netgear should be  ahead in software. These Netduma products software doesn’t Need to get sent out for approval by netgear so what’s the hurdle? 

good luck to both the gamers and the Netduma team.

The R2 is ahead in software, that's where a lot of people are annoyed because the XR platforms are behind in that sense. There isn't much I can say, I do agree it has been far too long for an update and I know better than to provide an ETA based on current information that may change again closer to the time.

Personally you know I have been here for a good while. I recommended the 500 to a friend and sold him on all the bells and whistles and I actually bought an R2 for his uncle. 

it’s hard seeing people lose patience  but it comes with the territory 👍🏽