XR500 feeling a second or two behind on WARZONE 2

Rozay

Long time lurker and just made an account. I just wanted everyone's opinion. I've looked around in the forum and seen many recommendations and tried everything from port forwarding to qos setting's and traffic prioritization. My router XR500 which has the latest .134 firmware on it, has my Xbox series x connected via hardwire cat8 cable. I have spectrum internet and my speeds are roughly 679 download and 25 upload. With that said I always feel seconds behind and it's most evident on warzone 2 ranked. I feel like people see me on beforehand and just destroy me. I'm a good KD player 3.3kd on resurgence and 2.5 on battle royale. But I've been noticing that happening. I have tried geo filter and everything. What could it be. I have also noticed that when I have QOS on and have traffic prioritization with duma os and or games console. My aim assist disappears practically. Almost none and feels (loose). Turning qos off give me somewhat aim assist back. Any ideas? Thanks 

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

Generally when people mention having this problem in game, throttling their speeds severely using Congestion Control and forcing servers slightly further away with the Geo-Filter seems to help them. I could also give you access to the beta if you would like to try it?

@Netduma Fraserafter I update and factory reset. What is the sequence I should follow in rebooting the internet? I want to make sure everything is good. I unplugged my modem and factory reset my XR500 both are off. Shou I now plug my modem and wait for it to fully booty up with all the lights on and then plug in the XR500 and turn it on? Or should I plug the modem in (without it fully booting up with all light) and immediately turn the xr500 on as well? Also my Xbox is shut off but connected via wire to the router while all this is happening. Should it stay connected or should I connect it to the router after everything is set up. Also sometimes I've noticed that by plugging in the Xbox to different ports on the router specifically 1 and 4 the game feels different. Is there any reason for that?

Thank you!

• Administrators

Plug the modem in, wait for that to boot up properly so wait a few minutes, then turn on the XR wait a few minutes then connect but generally you don't need to do that as the factory reset/setup wizard would prompt it to get internet again. You can keep the Xbox connected and turn on when ready. I think that's probably a placebo effect as there is no networking reason that would be the case.

@Netduma Fraser ok will try that now. So I'll wait for the modem to fully booty up and then turn on the router and do the same and then set it up. Sounds good thank you. Is 2.3.134rc13 the newest beta build for the xr500? 

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Rozay said:

@Netduma Fraser thanks man you're a beast! Just got it downloaded the new firmware. Tried out auto setup and set up priority for the Xbox. So let's see. Also it says I can disable DPI but it's grayed out.

You can only disable DPI after disabling QoS first

@Netduma Fraser tried the r13 firmware for about 8 matches on mw and then a few warzone matches on top of that. It's been really weird. I'm getting no aim assist at all. Yet I haven't changed any settings on my end. When I first booted up after factory reset it showed that dumaos was not loading and so I unplugged and plugged the router back in and it loaded in. After that I prioritized Xbox series x as a games console on the traffic priority and did auto setup. But I feel significantly delayed behind enemy players. It's almost not playable. Worse than before. Can't really understand why the performance would get worst? Should I revert back to old non beta .134 firmware?.

Try running ping optimizer from the xr500 beta firmware.

Helped me, I have 500/500 but it optimized it to 500/200.

Helped out a bit I'd say.

Then again it's hard to know for sure  because the cod servers are inconsistent with their performance.

But give it a while and let us know 

• Administrators

As it is new firmware and there are a few changes I would suggest fine tuning QoS for this version as the settings needed may not be the same as the previous version.

For example, utilizing the Ping Under Load reading on Connection Benchmark, It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

@Netduma Fraser @oRaGaMi I messed around with the qos settings a bit and did ping optimizer. My ping right now in cod is roughly around 25 ping which isn't bad. I did manual qos as well at 70/70 on both sliders but I'm constantly behind other players. No time to react. I know I'm not that bad at cod hahaha 🤣 it's weird I wonder why it's like that right now. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 6:21 PM, Rozay said:

@Netduma Fraser I tried your suggestion of geo filtering away and using severe congestion control. But still facing the same issue. Latency is around 25-35 and my speeds are pretty good. Anyway I appreciate the help. 

mini pc or nanopi rs5 or 6 with openwrt and cake enable is the solution brother ... 

• 4 weeks later...