bocw hacked

mike

as im sure you will have heard by now that black ops cold war is reportedly hacked with the cheat / hack menu being able to (but probs not limited to) :-

kick players.

crash games.

crash systems.

obtain ip no's.

access gamers profiles.

atm they say this only affects cold war and mw2 and wz2 are unaffected with only "anecdotal reports" of problems with these later games , this breach affects all systems pc , xbx , ps whether you have xplay on or off.

but imho that as acti have been using the same engine since possibly 2007 and just updated it as they go (i think they refuse to pay for something like unreal etc) and as acti have pushed to make it easier and quicker to make games so all there studios are using the same engine so they will be literally copy and pasting a lot of the net code in (there are prob lines of old code that have been left in that could be dead or still active as they update it) and as they use the same servers for every game so everything for that will more than likely be copied and pasted to me it wouldnt be a stretch to say that all the games are now at risk even the next one , because once they have found one way in they will look for others.

and whether they will release an update for bocw or turn the servers off is anyones guess.

whether this is a response to acti banning all the modded games like xm2 , boiii servers / games etc , or a way to force everyone back to acti or that acti had heard this was coming and decided to shut down the modders , ill leave that for you to decide.

to me its strange that they can shut down the modders but cant seem to do much about the ppl that are writing the cheat / hack software (are they using tools that have been left in the game from development ? , if so why is this left in ?) who charge for it so there is clearly a money trail to follow ?.

maybe some of the duma team can give some of their thoughts with a bit more of an insight to the tech side?.

Dude they’re a tech software company what do you think they going to do? 

Cod anti cheat system will probably never change why do you think most people stay on console? The only reason you see cheats on console is cause of cross play it coming from pc end majority of the time…there are some cheats in console but it just abusing bugs/abilities like bo4 on console the only cheat is flying currently on bo3 it more toxic since they’re invincible and invisible. 

Also cod has had the ip issue since release ddos is so easy dude it hilarious I don’t do this since I ain’t loser but people that do think they’re the shit or something.

i know of 2 clans on console that use cheats (not sure if they are on ps4 or ps5) one was actually caught out in play of the game when he suddenly stopped crouched down went into ads and you could see him tracking a player through a wall AND a building from nearly half a map away before the enemy player emerged and got shot , this  same clan will have within 2 mins of a hc tdm match starting have harps , strafe runs , vtols coming in.

and this latest problem doesnt matter that your on console with x-play off or even that you run a vpn so the pc argument has been removed.

you could possibly say that as the news broke from known acti shills charlieintel that its just a scam to get ppl onto the modern cods to boost the flagging player base.

I will add that, games that tend to have crossplay or soon to have crossplay with PC are prone to going up against hackers at some point.

For example, season 4 of Apex Legends. I will never forget when I have seen someone blatantly using hacks on PS4 console. The way that all shots didn't miss, and it was with an L-Star, where the L-Star, a gun when it was released in those seasons was complete trash and 80% of console community was not that efficient in controlling such recoil and especially with the muzzle flash. I knew what Cronus was, but this was different. So, I check YouTube to see if anyone else notices. YUP! Someone posted a video about them running into said hack on PS4. This was before crossplay was introduced later in the year. This was in March 2020 and Crossplay released in October 2020.

Man I wouldn’t be surprised if you think epic games has better anti cheat system even they fall into the same issue…like realistically do you think people wouldn’t cheat for money when it on the thousands? But epic games anti cheat is better without doubt but even on the leagues you be seeing dudes cheat like being un-killable when they’re knocked

I’ve matched against faze members it no joke I am good but hardware wise console vs pc is not fair latency wise and it hard to tell whether they’re cheating or not just in general but cheating is becoming extremely common nowadays I can’t lie especially if you play cod since it extremely easy to do so

ill admit that im not that good at cod and i generally camp as the number of times iv put half a mag into someone and they turn around with all the time in the world and beam me is just not funny , plus if i get them raging after the game its even funnier esp when they go into the mentality of you camping £%^$ you killed me 15 times but i killed you and knocked you out of your spot once so i win lmfao.

the best one i ever had was on the og ww2 doing camo stuff i kept killing the same guy as he kept coming back to try and get me , the same thing happened in the next game with the same guy (by this time im in hysterics) in game 3 he was on my team and he team killed me and when i spawned in and ran past he was still firing at my body on the ground , i think i upset him lol.

i do run and gun but it generally doesnt end well for me on cw esp with the connection as it is now (i was chatting to a guy from alaska the other week ffs) so i expect that i will get out played and even out camped and im fine with that but when you bump into the same clan and the same thing happens game after game after game and within minutes of the game starting a harp is up you just know they are cheating esp when they meet another cheating clan in the same lobby one will always leave.

as for epic i cant speak for them as i dont play apex (i cant get into the battle royal thing) , my post was about the latest sh1t show that is cod and whether they will fix it or not or even if there is a new hack and its not just a scam to get ppl off bocw and onto the newes ?.t game

The new cods have all been designed for camping like how many doors do you need and hallways? Reason why I never touched MW 2019 you should've watched thexboxcriminal biggest troll because of the camping mechanics haven't seen him upload probably got strangled by a criminal who didn't love him too much 😂

On old generation consoles, it is quite easy to get an advantage over other players without cheating (games without cross platform)... Just replace the HDD with an SSD internally or put an SSD or SSHD in USB3 and save the games on it! From memory on BO3 on Xbox I entered the lobbies 2 minutes before everyone else... This is no longer the case now on the latest COD because the lobbie starts only after all the players have loaded the map!

1 hour ago, DARKNESS said:

The new cods have all been designed for camping like how many doors do you need and hallways? Reason why I never touched MW 2019 you should've watched thexboxcriminal biggest troll because of the camping mechanics haven't seen him upload probably got strangled by a criminal who didn't love him too much 😂

i havnt touched them i played the beta for 2019 and i really didnt like it even though i camped in the roof of a building and just moved from corner to corner and dropping mines near doorways , it took nearly the full team to rush different doors / windows to get me out lol , vanguard in the beta i just got sick of the constant spawn flips (even in cw if spawn ping pong starts i generally leave the match) the last one i didnt get either and nor did i play the beta i watched vids on yt and saw that there are ways up , over , around and under the maps they are like exo maps without the exo , as for the windows i was surprised that they didnt add windows into the containers on shipment and tbh i cant see this years cod being any better so i cant see me buying that either , the last cod i bought was cw and before that i think it was the og ww2 , i could be wrong on that but ww2 and cw are the only ones i play and tbh i havnt been on ww2 this year.

50 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

On old generation consoles, it is quite easy to get an advantage over other players without cheating (games without cross platform)... Just replace the HDD with an SSD internally or put an SSD or SSHD in USB3 and save the games on it! From memory on BO3 on Xbox I entered the lobbies 2 minutes before everyone else... This is no longer the case now on the latest COD because the lobbie starts only after all the players have loaded the map!

im sure i was told that the external drive still has to be routed through the internal drive process so it wouldnt make a difference and im sure a m8 put an ssd in his ps4 and i often loaded into games before him , and even now in cw on a map like express the game starts and i can be off and running and be almost at the first bridge (sometimes past it) and ppl are still connecting and im praying its the other team and im not going to get jumped and then it happens im getting shot by mr invisible even the kill cam shows me getting shot and the player then running around a corner.

also when i had a ps4 my mates had ps4's and i would connect to destiny both mp and normal and i would say im going such a way and there would always be at least one that would say im not even in the game yet and im halfway across the map lol

1 hour ago, Fuzy said:

That just come with territory of running a 8 year old hardware what you expect I don't think that a major advantage but it something devs didn't take account into but that because that game was designed for slow hard drives like ps3/ps4 gen which was slow from the beginning. Fast ssds also came a bit after the console was released so it not something they expected...

51 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

That just come with territory of running a 8 year old hardware what you expect I don't think that a major advantage but it something devs didn't take account into but that because that game was designed for slow hard drives like ps3/ps4 gen which was slow from the beginning. Fast ssds also came a bit after the console was released so it not something they expected...

which could link back to my orig post that acti have been using the same game engine since maybe 2007 in computer terms thats ancient no matter how much you try to alter / tweak it if the base engine is some 16 years old its still at its core 16 years old and there will be a limit as to what it is capable of , could you upgrade a 16 yr old pc without ripping everything out and starting all over again ?.

even if they have built a new engine , which i doubt as every year they say its a new graphics or sound engine and then we find out its the same engine just updated then it clearly has faults and holes , case and point is ms they had xp and it was brilliant and then they brought out vista but that was already screwed as they were already working on its replacement before it was out and then we had windows 10 "the only windows system you need and there will not be another windows os after this" , and then its "heres windows 11" as 10 started to break down and get exploited and every fix just created more holes until they decided that after all the guff they needed to make a new os and then tried to tell ppl that only certain systems would be able to get win 11 due to "chip based "security problems but when they actually decided to let ppl know what the security problems were it was found out that the required security was already out on chips and had been for many generations back to intel i5 lol.

They have used the same engine I would guess it because they don't have to pay anyone fees and plus they're greedy as hell they made warzone player wait about 3 years to add an anti-cheat system that realistically worked just for a bit while making billions of micro transactions which are just pixels 😂

5 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

They have used the same engine I would guess it because they don't have to pay anyone fees and plus they're greedy as hell they made warzone player wait about 3 years to add an anti-cheat system that realistically worked just for a bit while making billions of micro transactions which are just pixels 😂

They have used the same engine for 17 years. They just add stuff and modify it for each game.

And even that is a modified version of an older engine.

Cross play is not the cause of cheating on consoles, it has been present on consoles since the PS3... (aimbot, godmod, wallack, rank, dérank etc...)

Reminds me of the good old days...lol

35 minutes ago, Nofear said:

Cross play is not the cause of cheating on consoles, it has been present on consoles since the PS3... (aimbot, godmod, wallack, rank, dérank etc...)

Reminds me of the good old days...lol

very true but this seems to be more serious as there anecdotal reports of ppl playing locked private matches and ppl have joined them and supposedly it doesnt matter if you run a vpn (which to me seems odd and id like to know if any vpn companies have said anything about this ?) and having x-play off wont matter , i think i posted above that i was wondering if this was a real thing or been set up by acti as part of a reason why they shut down all the mod servers (i believe nintendo are doing the same thing now with emulators) to try and get ppl playing the recent cod as the player base seems to be dropping like a stone.

also a thought has just come to me , call of shame says that big yt/twitch streamers that do wz2 have a secret kick button so there is clearly some sort of kick button programmed into the game so the cheat writers it would seem are just using tools that the devs have put into the coding , which again leads back to a point i made that all cods must be vulnerable to this hack ? , and you could say that acti are in part responsible for this.

8 minutes ago, mike said:

very true but this seems to be more serious as there anecdotal reports of ppl playing locked private matches and ppl have joined them and supposedly it doesnt matter if you run a vpn (which to me seems odd and id like to know if any vpn companies have said anything about this ?) and having x-play off wont matter , i think i posted above that i was wondering if this was a real thing or been set up by acti as part of a reason why they shut down all the mod servers (i believe nintendo are doing the same thing now with emulators) to try and get ppl playing the recent cod as the player base seems to be dropping like a stone.

also a thought has just come to me , call of shame says that big yt/twitch streamers that do wz2 have a secret kick button so there is clearly some sort of kick button programmed into the game so the cheat writers it would seem are just using tools that the devs have put into the coding , which again leads back to a point i made that all cods must be vulnerable to this hack ? , and you could say that acti are in part responsible for this.

I completely agree with you, it's happening the same thing on apex legends after big COD streamers there aren't many and personally I don't think so

16 minutes ago, Nofear said:

Could be a ruse by Activison to shut down COD servers to bring people back to MW2/WZ2 🤑🤑🤑

it was just an idea as we all know how poopyty acti can be and they will do anything for $.

acti have shut down 2 cod clients and left one up and running , there are a few reasons for this one being that you had to own the game but one moved to the same engine as cod use now which acti didnt like and it also removed the need to own the game , i cant remember other reasons but links to pirate sites has been mentioned.

acti have also shut down 2 cheat making sites but left the biggest one running and as this is like playing whack a mole and makes you wonder if acti are just looking at getting some positive media coverage whilst actually not fixing the games (as yet).

acti have now shut down 3 cheat companies but as the hack is now out in the wild and getting passed about and new companies will spring up (probs by the same ppl) their actions are pretty pointless and their is a vid on yt that explains what the hack is and where it is etc and say if your on pc and use (i think its steam) you can report the game to steam and in the report box you can copy and paste what and where the hack is and sooner or later it should get back to acti.

i dont know how but the yt channel actually got the code for the hack and they pinned it or something in their yt section , if anyone is interested let me know and ill go and look for it.