Controller for console!

Fuzy

I've had all sorts of controllers (Burn/Xbox elite/PowerA/Razer/Scuff) for years that I play COD with, usually the controller works for 12 months max for me (I don't throw them against the wall) just scraps from the desk... (xbox eliteV1 controllers 6 months max)

I wanted to share my experience with you because the only controller that has never failed, concerning me, is a "razer wolverine tournament" controller. It has continued to operate for years.

In view of the price of controllers, I think it's a safe bet!

I've seen how the wolverine has held up quite well for those on Xbox. Also hear how well Victrix controller holds up, especially with it's naturally overclocked speeds. I play on Playstation 5, and I've gone through roughly several controllers due to stick drift. Solid controller, as plagued by its stick drift which they are 100% aware of with the introduction of the Playstation Edge Controller swappable analogs sticks. Razer does have a Playstation line of controllers. The one thing that consistently enters my mind is getting a PCB flex module and soldering it myself, and be done with stick drift for a LONG while.

Glad to hear you enjoy the Razer. Certainly seems like a solid contender to 360 Controller days.

Scuf is cool if you baby it but its made out of very inexpensive plastic (had more then a hand full of them)

MS elite 1 is built like a tank (Its my back up go to cause it just does not get damaged)

MS elite 2 is what i currently use and it only last about 4 to 6 months before bumper buttons stop working or side pads start falling apart im on my 5 or 6th one just actually got a new one last week, thank god for gamestop warranty program

15 hours ago, TrayDay said:

Victrix controller

I didn't know, thanks, I'll try when the time comes!

15 hours ago, TrayDay said:

getting a PCB flex module and soldering it myself

I dismantled many of them back then hoping to salvage them with some success and many failures.😆

14 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

MS elite 1 is built like a tank

The one I had always failed mainly at the level of the left analog joistick (the running function no longer worked) not to mention the buttons under the pallets which remain pressed and the rubbers which wear out prematurely and come off! it clearly put me off to take a V2...

6 hours ago, Fuzy said:

The one I had always failed mainly at the level of the left analog joistick (the running function no longer worked) not to mention the buttons under the pallets which remain pressed and the rubbers which wear out prematurely and come off! it clearly put me off to take a V2...

its a little worn so its not pretty no more but other then that its the only solid controller i have ever owned and its the one that came with my elite xbox when that dropped in 2015 i think?

On 5/4/2023 at 11:19 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Scuf is cool if you baby it but its made out of very inexpensive plastic (had more then a hand full of them)

MS elite 1 is built like a tank (Its my back up go to cause it just does not get damaged)

MS elite 2 is what i currently use and it only last about 4 to 6 months before bumper buttons stop working or side pads start falling apart im on my 5 or 6th one just actually got a new one last week, thank god for gamestop warranty program

This part. Only pay a small fee compared to full price and back to gaming. The CON is having to drive to gamestop just for the exchange. But, other than that, it's a good bargain.

10 hours ago, Fuzy said:

I dismantled many of them back then hoping to salvage them with some success and many failures.😆

Yeah, this is the only tricky part. I've already gone the route of dismantaling and replacing the potentiometer that's housed inside the analog sensor module. I boght a couple of them just for swapping them out. BUT, it would be even better actually soldering them oninside of prying them open and swapping those bad boys out. Yes, the house can bend and break. So I definitely know about it being quite a troublesome task lol. 

Wolverine is a very good controller and does last if you don't rage.

Victrix is better and quicker but the A button desinigrates very quickly so it's a hassle. 

I hated Power A until i bought the Power A Fusion Pro.  I love this controller!  Super fast and smooth, you can add back paddles individually. 

So far it's my fave and I'm 6 months in

On 5/9/2023 at 11:53 PM, Ivanbad said:

the Power A Fusion Pro.  I love this controller!

I agree, I loved this gamepad... Unfortunately I broke the LT / LB trigger after an accidental drop from the desk (too hard plastic I think)! The pallets are perfect!

I've been gaming on xbox since it was released and had a fair few controllers over the years and like you the razer wolverine has been one of the better ones but i am currently using a Victrix gambit which i have had for around 12 mth.... I play most nights for and hour or two and upto now it has performed really well. I would probably go as far to say when this one packs up i will buy another one.