Help with XR1000

Hi all! :)

I've been a lurker on/off for the past year or two while I've had my XR1000 and wasn't sure that the topics I was following were getting updated so I wanted to make a post of my own to find out where things are at! Thanks to the team at Netgear and Duma so far, I've been mostly enjoying my experience with this modem!

XR1000 1.0.0.64_1.0.49

1. My Port Forwarding displays completely blank although I'm sure I've got a full list of port forwards, I've seen from other posts that this seems to have been a known issue last year but I haven't been able to find any further updates or fix other than factory defaulting the modem.
  2. Device Manager generally won't load and will cause my web browser to freeze and prompts to kill the webpage (Firefox v112.0.1)
  3. Web UI is quite slow - is there a way to turn off/decrease the graphical UI to help speed this up? (Particularly slow when loading up for the first time in a session)
  4. Impossible to modify/configure settings when on a mobile device (iPhone 13 Pro) - I find that unfortunately the UI never scales properly and I can never read any of the settings.
    1. This issue continues to be prevalent even when using the DumaOS App which is actually quite nicely designed but as soon as you click "Settings" it pushes you back into a non-optimised version of the DumaOS trying to fit on my tiny mobile screen!

Other than these, I think it's a great product! I would just like to see if I can get an update on the above otherwise if there are any plans for these to be addressed?

Thank you,

DumaOS iPhone UI.jpg

DumaOS App Setting.jpg

XR1000-PortForwardsEmpty.jpg

PortConflict.jpg

PortForwardProof1.jpg

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

1 hour ago, Retsu said:
  1. My Port Forwarding displays completely blank although I'm sure I've got a full list of port forwards, I've seen from other posts that this seems to have been a known issue last year but I haven't been able to find any further updates or fix other than factory defaulting the modem.
  2. Device Manager generally won't load and will cause my web browser to freeze and prompts to kill the webpage (Firefox v112.0.1)
  3. Web UI is quite slow - is there a way to turn off/decrease the graphical UI to help speed this up? (Particularly slow when loading up for the first time in a session)
  4. Impossible to modify/configure settings when on a mobile device (iPhone 13 Pro) - I find that unfortunately the UI never scales properly and I can never read any of the settings.
    1. This issue continues to be prevalent even when using the DumaOS App which is actually quite nicely designed but as soon as you click "Settings" it pushes you back into a non-optimised version of the DumaOS trying to fit on my tiny mobile screen!
  1. If you give the router a reboot do the entries re-appear?
  2. Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.
  3. Best thing to do is to ensure you're not loading the interface over HTTPS, clear browser cache/cookies then load each page once and it should be faster than that. No way to disable the graphical aspects.
  4. Yeah the interface isn't optimized for mobile but it is something we're working on a lot at the moment - I'm not sure if that would apply to the Netgear settings as we won't have much control over that but you can use the Nighthawk app to change some settings via mobile.

Don't expect the mobile version to have all the features in addition you can blame apple for the scaling compared to my android it better but yes the desktop UI on mobile view sucks not referring to the app it may need some work no doubt when people want to use advanced settings on mobile but as always it recommended to use desktop.

I believe if your port forwarding from your modem that maybe the cause of your issues and you shouldn't be factory resetting modem as it has nothing to do with routers settings that would only be necessary if it loses the routers IP etc doesn't refresh

I would do a factory reset and then setup everything and then add your ports on your router as for the guide be sure to read properly

Hi Fraser!

Thanks for getting back to me. I've highlighted my responses for you below;

On 4/21/2023 at 5:30 AM, Netduma Fraser said:
  • If you give the router a reboot do the entries re-appear?
    • No they do not, I also tried doing this on another machine thinking it might be cookie/cache related but I cannot seem to review my port forwarding list either way.
  • Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.
    • Done, however still no changes to my port forwarding menu,
  • Best thing to do is to ensure you're not loading the interface over HTTPS, clear browser cache/cookies then load each page once and it should be faster than that. No way to disable the graphical aspects.
    • Got it, no problem - I can confirm that I am only accessing using HTTP, I couldn't find how to enable the HTTPS port on this unit, if you could direct me to it I could try accessing it through HTTPS instead?
  • Yeah the interface isn't optimized for mobile but it is something we're working on a lot at the moment - I'm not sure if that would apply to the Netgear settings as we won't have much control over that but you can use the Nighthawk app to change some settings via mobile.
    • Understood, thank you for the heads up

Additionally, I've noticed that while I'm trying to navigate to certain webpages, I am seeing an issue where the DumaOS seems to get locked up and keeps feeding me the same webpage (for example I will click LAN Setup, then click to go to another page but will continually only be fed the LAN setup page). I have tried clearing caches and tried in another web browser and another PC but I seem to be gettin the same error. Do you have any advice for this one? I would prefer not to have to factory default the modem again as I've just gone through and re-added everything unless there is a new/beta FW I could try?

@DARKNESS:

On 4/21/2023 at 5:32 AM, DARKNESS said:

believe if your port forwarding from your modem that maybe the cause of your issues and you shouldn't be factory resetting modem as it has nothing to do with routers settings that would only be necessary if it loses the routers IP etc doesn't refresh

Hi Darkness,

This is the same way I've been adding my port forwarding. I'm not using any different local ports and matching both the internal+external ports. The port forwards are working - my issue is that I cannot see my entire list of portforwards for management nor editing within my router's interface.

Edited by Retsu
combined my replies into a single message

On 4/21/2023 at 5:32 AM, DARKNESS said:

believe if your port forwarding from your modem that maybe the cause of your issues and you shouldn't be factory resetting modem as it has nothing to do with routers settings that would only be necessary if it loses the routers IP etc doesn't refresh

Hi Darkness,

This is the same way I've been adding my port forwarding. I'm not using any different local ports and matching both the internal+external ports. The port forwards are working - my issue is that I cannot see my entire list of portforwards for management nor editing within my router's interface.

• Administrators

Did changing the retries help with the Device Manager loading?

You don't want to use HTTPS it will make it slower and potentially cause errors, all you would need to do though is amend the URL.

I haven't seen that reloading issue before, are you using routerlogin.net or the IP address?

As you just said it seems to be something related to the cache for you in particular try using incognito with HTTPS disabled that should do the trick though it is clearly an issue that I can't say it ever going to be fixed as they're using some sort of different rendering etc you sometimes have to click the setting twice for it two pop up ill add my ports and see since I necessarily only tested it once or twice personally and had no issues

On 4/24/2023 at 9:24 PM, DARKNESS said:

This is my setup tested no issues found running on dhcp

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 6.26.28 PM.png

Hi there one question do you have disabled dmz and upnp when portforwarding?

18 hours ago, Nunzio said:

Hi there one question do you have disabled dmz and upnp when portforwarding?

Yes you have to disable upnp it says in the instructions if you read properly as for the DMZ I don't need it since I already have Nat type 2 might differ on your circumstances but should be the same procedure after you setup your dmz 

Also my ports are for ps5 only so you might need to do some tweaking if ur on xbox/pc

Another tip if you are going to dmz it best you just do it for that one device it needed though at the end of the day if someone infiltrates that device they're going to bypass security regardless but better be safe to a certain degree this is not much of an issue in consoles but PC for the most part hackers etc u do so at ur own risk.

17 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

Yes you have to disable upnp it says in the instructions if you read properly as for the DMZ I don't need it since I already have Nat type 2 might differ on your circumstances but should be the same procedure after you setup your dmz 

Also my ports are for ps5 only so you might need to do some tweaking if ur on xbox/pc

Ok so your saying is to enable only one thanks for the reply 

@Netduma Fraserbased on your experiences, what is the current best setting for warzone 2 for xr1000 updated to the latest firmware? I speak at the level of upnp/portforwarding/dmz and rules in the traffic prio (games console rather than certain ports) thanks

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Erik said:

@Netduma Fraserbased on your experiences, what is the current best setting for warzone 2 for xr1000 updated to the latest firmware? I speak at the level of upnp/portforwarding/dmz and rules in the traffic prio (games console rather than certain ports) thanks

That is a hard question to answer, there is no one size fits all scenario, every connection is different, there are lots of variables, we can make general recommendations but really the best settings are the ones you find work best for your particular connection. I could give you some recommendations and they could work terribly for you but great for someone else for example.

In general I would suggest that if you already have an Open NAT there is no real need to change UPnP/Port Forwarding/DMZ. For Traffic Prio I'm a fan of the Games Console service personally.

On 4/23/2023 at 11:31 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did changing the retries help with the Device Manager loading?

You don't want to use HTTPS it will make it slower and potentially cause errors, all you would need to do though is amend the URL.

I haven't seen that reloading issue before, are you using routerlogin.net or the IP address?

@Netduma Fraser  unfortunately no, I'm still getting slow performance on loading the device manager page.

I can confirm I'm only using HTTP and the router ip address. Is there anything else I could try?

On 4/25/2023 at 5:24 AM, DARKNESS said:

This is my setup tested no issues found running on dhcp

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 6.26.28 PM.png

I had entered my entries into this page, as your screenshot shows. But on my router, the port forward entries fail to show/load, yet still shows the ability to add port forwards as if I don't have any at all. If I try to create a port forward, the router tells me that the port is already in use/assigned but refuses to show my list of existing port forwards like your screenshot shows.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:55 AM, Jackal235 said:

This is one of many issues already reported before. Forum admins acknowledged it as below:

Yes @Jackal235 these are the same issues I'm seeing and what has started this post as both of those threads have had no further updates.

@Netduma Fraser, in regards to the last thread back from October 2022, you noted there was new fw on the way to address these issues. Do you possibly have any updates on these please?