MW2 ranked play, losing SR after netduma server reconnection!

c4ntdo

Hi,

like described in the title, every time netduma dis- and reconnects from a ranked play server because of geo blocking I automatically lose 30 SR points (similar to leaving after a game already started). IAs far I can remember this was not the case in season one but it is possible that i did not notice then. 

1) Is there something you can do to prevent this?

2) Anybody else who noticed?

Thanks in advance, Regards

Hello,

you don’t see it immediately. For me usually, I’m searching for a game, got disconnected a couple of times until I find a game with the server of my choice and after finishing this game I realize that I lost exactly 30 sr for each disconnection. Sometimes when I win and got 40 points for it I lost around 100 points in total.

Did you check this too?

I‘m blocking all servers but one Italien one (north Italy) because this one shows the most and consistent low ping in Europe for me. Because I have limited the amount of servers so drastically I reconnect very often and therefore I have noticed it.

Season one I limited it to „just“ Europe as a whole -> not so many reconnections in total.

xxx

• Administrators

So how is it working, it's actually partially putting you in a lobby and then when blocked you disconnect and because of that its counting as a loss? If so it's either because your radius is too strict or it's something we'll have to look into, in which case you'll need to disable the Geo-Filter in the meantime.

It's working fine for me been using it on a very strict radius of 100 miles, never got disconnected or losing SR it just starts searching for a match lets say with 12ms and it doesnt go up until it finds a match.

Though i come more often against Iridescents and more harder lobbies when i geo-filter so close but i dont mind the connection is very good.

Hello Fraser,

ya, it seems like as it counts as a loss after „immediately“ leaving the lobby after you got connected.

I do play without geo filter since I noticed but of course the connection quality also got extremely worse again. For whatever reason (sbmm :D), the game loves to put me in 130 ping lobbies 9 of 10 times. That was the reason I bought a neduma router in the first place.

Hope you guys are able to fix this since the root of this problem is coming from the game itself and how it handles ranked play.

Does anybody experience the same issue? Would be great to have a confirmation. Thx

Oh really mobel?

I thought geo-filter means that it kicks you out and searches for a new server when you get connected to a server outside of your filter range instead of simply not connecting to a blocked one.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, c4ntdo said:

simply not connecting to a blocked one.

That's exactly what it should be doing, you shouldn't be connecting at all to a lobby and then disconnected, just getting into a lobby when you can connect. We'll have to investigate but it will take some time due to the Easter holidays.

Ok understand. I will try it again to confirm this behavior of dis- and reconnecting. But I’m pretty sure that it showed a server with >100 ping and then restarted the search. 

I usually play with 2 or 3 friends, I’m party leader and search for games. Is it possible that this is somehow messing things up?

I do it all the time with 3 friends on mine it simply stays "searching" ping stays on what it is until it finds a match then connecting and we are in a game.

It shouldn't keep searching till 100ms if u have a small radius unless the closest server to u is a 100ms far away.

Is it to be due to the fact that one of the players in the group left the cross-platform game open or not?

I had this problem when playing in a group in multiplayer (not tested in Ranked mode)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I’ve played with a party of 3 or 4 again with geo filter activated and these are the results:

x) only my party members lost SR points (not me) when reconnected to another sever

x) 30 points lost per reconnection

I was party host, the one who searched and the only one with a Netduma SW. The server range was limited to only one server in Italy. All members had cross-play disabled.
At least the connection was great xD.

It would be great If somebody could look into this why all my party members lost points.

Thx

• Administrators

Are you editing the Geo-Filter when you're already on the game?

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works without losing points.

Hello Fraser, 

thank you for your answer.

I usually start my ps5, wait until everybody is in the ps chat, then I resync with the geofiltering cloud when I changed something, I enable geo filtering and then I start the ps5 game like you described.

But I can try to delete my current ps5 device and create a new one tho. That I haven’t tried yet. I gonna try it with a manual configuration.

Thank you and best Regards