some problems XR500

I assume that the yellow Ethernet wire is going to the xr500 correct? 

the box with green lights does that broadcast WiFi?  The only reason I’m asking is to learn more and possibly help at the same time. 

to me the box with green lights is a gateway of some type. I know this next part is going to sound dumb but have you power cycled the green light box? 

1 disconnect power from both green light box and xr500 

2 after a minute or two FIRST power up the green light box let it come back online THEN once that settles down power up the xr500 and see if it works. 

I personally would factory reset the xr500 by holding the reset button in back of it down for 17 to 20 seconds and start from scratch. It is odd that simply swapping routers is causing the issue but I would not rule out the green light box is memory is centered around the other router. 

2 hours ago, crunkjuice1 said:

I assume that the yellow Ethernet wire is going to the xr500 correct? 

YES

the box with green lights does that broadcast WiFi?  The only reason I’m asking is to learn more and possibly help at the same time. 
NO

to me the box with green lights is a gateway of some type. I know this next part is going to sound dumb but have you power cycled the green light box? 
yes I have already restarted it

1 disconnect power from both green light box and xr500 

2 after a minute or two FIRST power up the green light box let it come back online THEN once that settles down power up the xr500 and see if it works. 
i have already disconnected power to both and then always rebooted together and not first the green and then the xr500, i will try...

I personally would factory reset the xr500 by holding the reset button in back of it down for 17 to 20 seconds and start from scratch. It is odd that simply swapping routers is causing the issue but I would not rule out the green light box is memory is centered around the other router.

yes I agree with you and I think I will do a factory reset at the weekend

THANK YOU!

23 hours ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Good luck! 👍🏽 

couldn't resist, did the factory reset yesterday, but didn't solve the problem...but on the other hand a remarkable online fuidity :D

I did the reset by pressing the button for about 25 seconds, but found some qos settings as previously set, how is that possible? How can I do a 100% factory reset?

If it held memory it didn’t fully reset. I used to hold the reset button longer than I should have and would run into the same issue. I recall being told to hold the reset button for like 17 seconds and that would fully reset things. You want the router to be like out the box condition.  

hopefully someone chimes in with the proper time to hold down the button. I have more success resetting router with the button over using the method within the software.

Ask @Netduma Fraser to put you in for the beta testing people are asking to try and see if it helps you.

33 minutes ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Se conteneva memoria, non si resettava completamente. Tenevo premuto il pulsante di ripristino più a lungo di quanto avrei dovuto e avrei riscontrato lo stesso problema. Ricordo che mi fu detto di tenere premuto il pulsante di ripristino per circa 17 secondi e ciò avrebbe ripristinato completamente le cose. Vuoi che il router sia come una condizione pronta all'uso.  

si spera che qualcuno intervenga con il tempo giusto per tenere premuto il pulsante. Ho più successo nel reimpostare il router con il pulsante rispetto all'utilizzo del metodo all'interno del software.

and if I reload the firmware?

Ok going this way,

1 you updated firmware already correct?

2 router keeps the new firmware when you do factory reset. Only things that go back to factory are the custom settings you put into the router.

3 even though you have newest firmware a lot of people are waiting for even newer firmware in hopes that it can help even more and maybe fix things that are causing problems.

ask @Netduma Fraser to put you on to try the beta testing firmware people are asking to try. 

guys but is it normal that i have to reboot the xr500? Sometimes, unfortunately, my online experience gets visibly worse and I solve it by rebooting, or turning it off and keeping it switched off (completely removing power) for a whole night. Why does this happen?

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Wantox81 said:

guys but is it normal that i have to reboot the xr500? Sometimes, unfortunately, my online experience gets visibly worse and I solve it by rebooting, or turning it off and keeping it switched off (completely removing power) for a whole night. Why does this happen?

That is very hard to say, worse in what way, does the ping increase?

48 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is very hard to say, worse in what way, does the ping increase?

No the ping is always average, but it becomes more cumbersome, woody (efootball) and visibly increases input lag

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Wantox81 said:

No the ping is always average, but it becomes more cumbersome, woody (efootball) and visibly increases input lag

Do you notice any difference in the send/receive rates etc on auto ping? Do you notice the CPU usage on the System Information page gradually decreasing as time goes on?

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you notice any difference in the send/receive rates etc on auto ping? Do you notice the CPU usage on the System Information page gradually decreasing as time goes on?

No, nothing strange, but believe me I notice immediately when online is not going well and it depends on the router because then I reset it and it's fine. In fact, as soon as I finish the factory reset, in the afternoon I'll see how it goes online...but can I use the DUMAOS app with the xr500? Or are there problems? I often find that the router doesn't work properly because I go (via app) to heatmaps for game servers and whatever game I choose loops and doesn't load the servers...

I'm seriously thinking of buying the NETDUMA R2...I'm sick of rebooting and resets

@Netduma Fraser will I have the same problems with the R2 too???

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Wantox81 said:

No, nothing strange, but believe me I notice immediately when online is not going well and it depends on the router because then I reset it and it's fine. In fact, as soon as I finish the factory reset, in the afternoon I'll see how it goes online...but can I use the DUMAOS app with the xr500? Or are there problems? I often find that the router doesn't work properly because I go (via app) to heatmaps for game servers and whatever game I choose loops and doesn't load the servers...

I'm seriously thinking of buying the NETDUMA R2...I'm sick of rebooting and resets

@Netduma Fraser will I have the same problems with the R2 too???

When you've rebooted it, have a look at the System Information page and take a screenshot, when it next starts to happen take another screenshot of the System Information page and provide them both here please.

That's difficult to say but the R2 does see more updates so any issues are likely to be resolved faster.

On 3/26/2023 at 1:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

When you've rebooted it, have a look at the System Information page and take a screenshot, when it next starts to happen take another screenshot of the System Information page and provide them both here please.

That's difficult to say but the R2 does see more updates so any issues are likely to be resolved faster.

hello Fraser, but if I install the fritzbox I had before as the main router in the my home and then connect the netgear on top of it, do you think I can get more stability? Unfortunately I now realise that the connection being filtered through the xr500 is too erratic...

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Possibly, if the fritz is stabilizing the connection before hand but it really depends what you mean by erratic and what the cause of that is.

simple, online is a lottery: one day is good, the day after a match is good and the next match is bad. This I mean by instability...

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Wantox81 said:

simple, online is a lottery: one day is good, the day after a match is good and the next match is bad. This I mean by instability...

That could be for a number of reasons, there are a lot of variables, how have you identified that it's actually your internet line and not the game servers or local congestion for example?

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That could be for a number of reasons, there are a lot of variables, how have you identified that it's actually your internet line and not the game servers or local congestion for example?

you are right Fraser, I don't know what the reason could be, that's why I try to go by exclusion and do a lot of tests. Yesterday I reinstalled fritzbox7490 and configured xr500 in cascade, but I don't think it's the best configuration, in fact it's very difficult to find rivals, I practically have to disable the geofilte to play. Do you think if I open the ports manually it might work better? Or is it better to configure it in AP mode? Thanks again for your support

hi guys, so small update: removed fritzbox and put xr500 back as main. I just complicated my life by putting it in cascade, however I have done an installation of the same firmware and done a factory reset. Seems to be running better than ever! Let's see how long it lasts...

@Netduma Fraser, could you tell me why I can't monitor the games servers with the DUMAOS app? Any selected game, app goes in a loop, even after just restarting the router. From PC or iphone via web browser it works perfectly.

Thank you so much

IMG_0446.jpg

The app is very early on in development is why it’s not as robust as actually logging into the router on pc. 

glad to see that with resetting things your connection seems to have improved. Sometimes we over complicate things ourselves but that’s how we learn.  I hope things stay on the good side. Keeps us updated! 🖖🏾