some problems XR500

Hello,

i exchanged xr1000 for xr500. Unfortunately very bad experience with the XR1000 which turned out to be faulty, since with the XR500 it definitely goes better, good wifi coverage of about 60m2 and good fluidity with online games (efootball23) thanks to geofilter and qos, but I think this xr500 also has some problems: strangely when I try to access my play5 with remote play from the iphone connected to the same home wifi network, it returns the error: cannot connect due to too slow a connection at this time. Not possible!!! 500mbps down and 250mbps up. If I disconnect the iphone from the wifi, in 5g it connects to the play5 without any problems. With xr1000 this problem was not there.

it also happened to me that in the qos section, doing the speed test, it would loop without returning any results. 

What do you think?

Hello Fraser, thank you for your tips, but unfortunately, even with these tips nothing can be done, the devices only connect remotely on ps5 with a connection other than the home network.

I also deactivated the qos, since the error mentioned a low connection speed, but nothing won't let me connect. I'm seriously thinking it's a firmware bug

I disable qos and geofilter (Removed) together, unfortunately nothing changes. Firmware 2.3.2.134.

This is logs xr500 when i try connect to ps remote play from iPhone:

[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:03:40
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:03:40
[DumaOS] Using disabled(NOP) QoS subclass, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:03:40
[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:03:20
[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:03:20
[DHCP IP: 192.168.1.4] to MAC address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:03:20

QoS et Geofilter always disable

IP: 192.168.1.4 iPhone

This log when i connect to ps remote play from iphone with 5g avec successfully

[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.14, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:10:29
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone lan, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:10:16
[DumaOS] applying qos for zone wan, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:10:16
[DumaOS] Using disabled(NOP) QoS subclass, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:10:16
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.14, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:10:10
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.14, Saturday, March 18, 2023 19:10:09

QoS et Geofilter always disable

"192.168.1.14" PS5

• Administrators

You could try by putting it in the DMZ but if that doesn't work I don't really know what would be limiting you. You could also try making Traffic Controller rules to allow traffic for both the phone and console.

hey fraser, when you sign up a few more names for the beta, would you please kindly sign me up to try out the new firmware? i would love to chime in! also was in awe the first time I got to try the previous beta firmware 

On 3/17/2023 at 2:51 PM, Wantox81 said:

XR500 (2.3.2.134) is direct, there are no other modems/routers and I have not done any configuration to open the NAT, should I do it? 

Who is your internet service provider? This can help in identifying possible hardware used between the xr500 and isp. 

for example I have google fiber 1gig service so I have option to use my own router or whatever they provide. If I upgrade my internet connection to 2 gig service I will no longer have option to use my own router.  
If you have google fiber you can log into your account and or call customer service to switch your account to identify your using your own hardware which might straighten everything out for you.

if you have cable internet usually there is a modem/gateway between the xr500 and your isp. If this is the case the modem/gateway needs to be put in bridge mode to allow the xr500 to handle all the routing/connections.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, shezan said:

hey fraser, when you sign up a few more names for the beta, would you please kindly sign me up to try out the new firmware? i would love to chime in! also was in awe the first time I got to try the previous beta firmware 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've added you!
https://forum.netduma.com/forum/145-nighthawk-pro-gaming-beta/

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You could try by putting it in the DMZ but if that doesn't work I don't really know what would be limiting you. You could also try making Traffic Controller rules to allow traffic for both the phone and console.

now I connect in 5g and then once inside I connect wifi...it seems to work

11 hours ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Who is your internet service provider? This can help in identifying possible hardware used between the xr500 and isp. 

for example I have google fiber 1gig service so I have option to use my own router or whatever they provide. If I upgrade my internet connection to 2 gig service I will no longer have option to use my own router.  
If you have google fiber you can log into your account and or call customer service to switch your account to identify your using your own hardware which might straighten everything out for you.

if you have cable internet usually there is a modem/gateway between the xr500 and your isp. If this is the case the modem/gateway needs to be put in bridge mode to allow the xr500 to handle all the routing/connections.

Thank you for your replay, but it is not an ISP problem, because I used to have an xr1000 and it worked without any problems with the same ISP and the same service

5 hours ago, Wantox81 said:

Thank you for your replay, but it is not an ISP problem, because I used to have an xr1000 and it worked without any problems with the same ISP and the same service

Ok but what service do you have? If there is a modem in the mix or the isp has the xr1000 MAC address saved or a modem is in the mix it may have the xr1000 mac address saved in its configuration and needs to be cleared to identify the xr500 MAC address. 

this is why anytime a new device is added reboots of hardware if any even fiber to the home wall jack can be power cycled not just modems. 

this is my fiber connection as you can see the wall jack is powered as well and by disconnecting and reconnecting the power to it, it will power cycle and my isp can configure the connection for them to control their hardware or allow my xr500 to do all the work outside of them.

02D3F74B-9450-43E9-B15B-4BCEABE07F7F.jpeg

05F77B73-5F34-43CC-9ACD-61D5DCE05BC7.jpeg