Terrible Hit Reg on Low Ping

averrrry

• Administrators

Have you managed to get a single good game at all? Currently there isn't a specific indicator of what could be a good game or not, could you try force some with a higher ping to see if they play any better?

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you managed to get a single good game at all? Currently there isn't a specific indicator of what could be a good game or not, could you try force some with a higher ping to see if they play any better?

so i tried that earlier, i put my location to las vegas, to which i had a 70 ping, on that 70 ping everything felt flawless. and i tried it for hours after and it worked perfectly even with 70-80 ping. 

could it just be east coast servers? i’ve never had issues before hand with them but now you mentioning trying other locations i seem to have a better experience on west then east

Just now, averrrry said:

so i tried that earlier, i put my location to las vegas, to which i had a 70 ping, on that 70 ping everything felt flawless. and i tried it for hours after and it worked perfectly even with 70-80 ping. 

could it just be east coast servers? i’ve never had issues before hand with them but now you mentioning trying other locations i seem to have a better experience on west then east

to add to this, a good game vs a bad game would be 3-4 shots per kill is a good game, that’s the normal TTK round range for TTK on MW22, the 13-15 shots per kill being the bad game.

whats odd to me is the low ping having the bad hit registration and the higher west coast ping being better

I have a feeling the terrible hit reg is related to the qos used in dumaos. I've been playing around with different types on other routers and they give better hit reg I can't get with the R2. Would be nice to be able to choose different queue disciplines. It's just 1 line of code I type on one of my other routers so it's not like it's hard to implement. Maybe the R2 will run better with the next cod, I find it works good for one then not the next

• Administrators
1 hour ago, johnnytran said:

I have a feeling the terrible hit reg is related to the qos used in dumaos. I've been playing around with different types on other routers and they give better hit reg I can't get with the R2. Would be nice to be able to choose different queue disciplines. It's just 1 line of code I type on one of my other routers so it's not like it's hard to implement. Maybe the R2 will run better with the next cod, I find it works good for one then not the next

We're working on some big changes to QoS at the moment so once available it would be good to see what people think then!

to Put the Netduma brand on top of all Router types, for myself i think that you should add a way to switch different qos types (fq_codel, hfq, cake etc).

Right now the only other Router types are based on OpenDD and/or OpenWRT. Dont get me wrong, right now with the early Access the R2 get better and better, but (for me) CoD works better If you switch settings every few days. Some days QoS 70/70 are better, some days 5/5, some days disabled, some days Geo Filter on/Off etc. There also days where my AiO Router with his Hidden QoS Type works best.

+1 If you implement a switch for QoS!

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, shiddy said:

to Put the Netduma brand on top of all Router types, for myself i think that you should add a way to switch different qos types (fq_codel, hfq, cake etc).

Right now the only other Router types are based on OpenDD and/or OpenWRT. Dont get me wrong, right now with the early Access the R2 get better and better, but (for me) CoD works better If you switch settings every few days. Some days QoS 70/70 are better, some days 5/5, some days disabled, some days Geo Filter on/Off etc. There also days where my AiO Router with his Hidden QoS Type works best.

+1 If you implement a switch for QoS!

What we're working on goes beyond that and should give much better performance!

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

i think it may have something to do with QOS as well, i haven’t changed any QOS settings today, they are same as yesterday, and all of my games this morning have felt amazing. yet yesterday on the same settings they felt awful. i guess everyday before i get on i’ll have to check QOS and see what settings are working good, at least before you guys update QOS. 

i have noticed the auto optimize for QOS doesn’t work very well, even with advanced settings factored in. i’ve been manually doing qos settings and then doing speed/ping tests along with bufferbloat tests to check and see what is working best. and its been helping a lot.

when i do auto and use anti-spikes i notice huge spikes even after the optimization. but when tweaking manually i can fine tune to get low spikes and low ping. 

i’m looking forward to what ya’ll have coming to the OS in general not just QOS. every beta update i get gets better and better. i’ve had zero crashes since last one. 

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah it could be the servers or that when you play closer you're severely impacted by lag compensation for some reason and then when playing further away it's actually helping you

my friends have been telling me that my east lobbies are terrible, not just lag, hit reg etc, but the sbmm as well. for some reason even with the heavy sbmm west coast lobbies are better to find low K/D and low ping lobbies. 

central is even better sometimes. i noticed if i join chicago servers they feel amazing. so it could be server infrastructure causing issues as well. not sure. 

nonetheless i’m excited to see what you guys have coming update wise. 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, averrrry said:

i think it may have something to do with QOS as well, i haven’t changed any QOS settings today, they are same as yesterday, and all of my games this morning have felt amazing. yet yesterday on the same settings they felt awful. i guess everyday before i get on i’ll have to check QOS and see what settings are working good, at least before you guys update QOS. 

i have noticed the auto optimize for QOS doesn’t work very well, even with advanced settings factored in. i’ve been manually doing qos settings and then doing speed/ping tests along with bufferbloat tests to check and see what is working best. and its been helping a lot.

when i do auto and use anti-spikes i notice huge spikes even after the optimization. but when tweaking manually i can fine tune to get low spikes and low ping. 

i’m looking forward to what ya’ll have coming to the OS in general not just QOS. every beta update i get gets better and better. i’ve had zero crashes since last one. 

If your settings haven't changed and the experience differs then the constant is unlikely to be the cause and more likely the servers that you connect to that change and experience differences in load. 

We're still working on improving that currently so probably best to use manual currently.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you explain s little more, I like the tech part behind - so maybe ask in EarlyAccess section the community about that - I noticed that there also are more people who test different types of router and tested all settings across dumaos and beyond. So maybe you and the team can make it even better than you are (kind of) promising

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, shiddy said:

Can you explain s little more, I like the tech part behind - so maybe ask in EarlyAccess section the community about that - I noticed that there also are more people who test different types of router and tested all settings across dumaos and beyond. So maybe you and the team can make it even better than you are (kind of) promising

Can't really share anything at the moment but we'll show it off as soon as we can!

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 3:25 PM, averrrry said:

i play a lot of warzone 2 and modern warfare II and recently my hir registration has been atrocious. my ping in game and off game is perfectly fine for a cable connection. it rides around 25-30 when not gaming and 30-40 while gaming. 

but even with that low ping my hit registration is horrible. i’m losing gunfights i shouldn’t be losing, sometimes theres a delay in weapon swap (even with fast hands) and sometimes it takes a bit to mantle. 

i know the game in general has issues like this, but for it to be happening to me consistently when others in my party are fine is a bit irritating and concerning. 

would anyone know why this would be? i can’t see lag-comp being a issue here. i have congenstion control setup very well. i did it manually because auto even with anti-spike the ping was very high (50-80). 

i have an open nat on my series s, no packet loss, and i have a buffer bloat score of A+ across the board. 

i would appreciate the help a lot, this is a growing issue that is quite irritating 🤣🤣🤣

There is nothing you can do, its part of the SBMM. it very predictable, the more you play the worse it gets, if you win, you may as well quit. the next ten games will be impossible that's how the game works. 

seriously ive tried everything, in every combination, no network setting will overcome how rigged this game is.

if youve got the money, treat it like a subscription service. buy a bundle and when the hit reg starts to go buy another. they are greedy though so it will be like every 5-10 games i think it is.

52 minutes ago, lupus said:

There is nothing you can do, its part of the SBMM. it very predictable, the more you play the worse it gets, if you win, you may as well quit. the next ten games will be impossible that's how the game works. 

seriously ive tried everything, in every combination, no network setting will overcome how rigged this game is.

if youve got the money, treat it like a subscription service. buy a bundle and when the hit reg starts to go buy another. they are greedy though so it will be like every 5-10 games i think it is.

Theres a lot  you can do, dumb down your connection trick the lag compression engine to think you have a slower connection then what you really have. theres tons of post of on this

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2023 at 3:55 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Theres a lot  you can do, dumb down your connection trick the lag compression engine to think you have a slower connection then what you really have. theres tons of post of on this

Can i have link to this posts ?

On 8/8/2023 at 10:50 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Maybe you can share some settings to make lag compression engine work better in warzone ? I am rather new to this network stuff and it is rather difficult to understand what i exactly need from tons of messages on this forum . Because hit reg fills rather bad sometimes on Ps5 with my ping 40 . I tried also vpn with higher ping , but it sometimes good but sometimes packet loss and bad connection .

There is a large component of Lag Compensation that affects those that have a great connection with low latency and buffer bloat.  As I recall, CoD uses time rewind lag compensation which basically says if you both meet at "x" time, what would the outcome have been if you had an equal connection. That's why there are so many "behind cover" kills in this game where you think you should be safe.  You are safe, but the lag compensation has awarded the kill to the person that has the higher latency because had it been equal, the game judges that they would have killed you.

It shouldn't happen, but being from the western United States, I can geolocate (when it works) to Australia and have a latency around 150-200 ms where I sponge bullets. There is normal lag, and it's not the greatest experience, but I can get kill streaks that I can't get with the best connection which shouldn't happen.  I am about 22 ms on average away from two major servers. There is basically no difference between those that are closer, but since I'm so close, the whole part of the US that is farther out but the game connects them to the servers I'm on have a pretty noticeable difference in lag compensation. 

The developer, or even the specific game, can greatly affect the benefit the higher latency gets.  In older CoD's when they use to come out with patch notes about LC, and they would actually say how they adjusted the lag compensation, but they stopped doing that pretty quickly.

One huge issue is that the person with the higher latency always benefits. Being the lower latency, if I come around the corner at the same time someone else with a higher latency does, I can't do anything differently to affect that gunfight knowing that he will get about a 20ms "benefit," and sometimes more, of when the shots were fired making almost every heads up match virtually impossible to win verse someone with higher latency.  

In older CoD's, I can run around the map and go heads up constantly.  Now, I have to camp and pick people off to have any chance to do well.  

There is a great paper from Valve corporation about lag compensation that describes what's going on, and why you're losing fights you shouldn't.  

3 hours ago, Nuschler22 said:

There is a large component of Lag Compensation that affects those that have a great connection with low latency and buffer bloat.  As I recall, CoD uses time rewind lag compensation which basically says if you both meet at "x" time, what would the outcome have been if you had an equal connection. That's why there are so many "behind cover" kills in this game where you think you should be safe.  You are safe, but the lag compensation has awarded the kill to the person that has the higher latency because had it been equal, the game judges that they would have killed you.

It shouldn't happen, but being from the western United States, I can geolocate (when it works) to Australia and have a latency around 150-200 ms where I sponge bullets. There is normal lag, and it's not the greatest experience, but I can get kill streaks that I can't get with the best connection which shouldn't happen.  I am about 22 ms on average away from two major servers. There is basically no difference between those that are closer, but since I'm so close, the whole part of the US that is farther out but the game connects them to the servers I'm on have a pretty noticeable difference in lag compensation. 

The developer, or even the specific game, can greatly affect the benefit the higher latency gets.  In older CoD's when they use to come out with patch notes about LC, and they would actually say how they adjusted the lag compensation, but they stopped doing that pretty quickly.

One huge issue is that the person with the higher latency always benefits. Being the lower latency, if I come around the corner at the same time someone else with a higher latency does, I can't do anything differently to affect that gunfight knowing that he will get about a 20ms "benefit," and sometimes more, of when the shots were fired making almost every heads up match virtually impossible to win verse someone with higher latency.  

In older CoD's, I can run around the map and go heads up constantly.  Now, I have to camp and pick people off to have any chance to do well.  

There is a great paper from Valve corporation about lag compensation that describes what's going on, and why you're losing fights you shouldn't.  

You use VPN or Geo Filter to connect to Australia ? And what you suppose is better ? Because i can connect to vpn with which i have 150 ping and games will find rather fast searching in my region ( EU)  but with geofilter when i try to go to USA where i have about 150-160 ping it is harder to find games . I want to understand where i will get higher quality games with Vpn or Geo filter 

They need to fix their game so people don't have to do what you're doing to have "fair" matches. If you're coming to Australia with 100ms+ ping you're only ruining the experience for the rest of us in the match, which is probably making others VPN to other countries ruining the experience for those and no ones having fun 😄

On 8/10/2023 at 4:31 PM, NeoKot said:

You use VPN or Geo Filter to connect to Australia ?

you can use geo filter,

Geo filter method: Set geo filter to whatever location you wish to connect to. Clear your saved game data and profile. Launch the game then wait for it to connect (Could take up to 30 min)

VPN method: use vpn of choice to location you wish to connect to. Clear your saved game data and profile, make sure geo filter is turned off. launch game. Go to network settings and check geo location to see if vpn is working

And what you suppose is better ?

whats the goal?

I want to understand where i will get higher quality games with Vpn or Geo filter

whats the goal?

On 8/10/2023 at 11:22 PM, johnnytran said:

They need to fix their game so people don't have to do what you're doing to have "fair" matches. If you're coming to Australia with 100ms+ ping you're only ruining the experience for the rest of us in the match, which is probably making others VPN to other countries ruining the experience for those and no ones having fun 😄

the games not broken, just poeple in pubs are better (Skill quality has raised) if you want fair go play ranked

On 8/16/2023 at 6:57 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

the games not broken, just poeple in pubs are better (Skill quality has raised) if you want fair go play ranked

My kd is above 3 I don't think I have issues vs the guys in pubs... but when they are sponging bullets even outgunning me when I count 4-5 hitmarkers within kill range I know for a fact the game's broken for me, it is the worst cod connection wise I have ever played. I honestly don't know how I managed to get my KD to above 3 from being negative the first month or two..

You use VPN or Geo Filter to connect to Australia ? And what you suppose is better ? Because i can connect to vpn with which i have 150 ping and games will find rather fast searching in my region ( EU)  but with geofilter when i try to go to USA where i have about 150-160 ping it is harder to find games . I want to understand where i will get higher quality games with Vpn or Geo filter 

I just use the Geo Filter. But, once again, this doesn't give you the best experience other than sponging bullets. It's still quite laggy.  I find that I'm the one shooting people behind walls and getting the benefit when I get heads up fights.  It's just not a great experience.