Terrible Hit Reg on Low Ping

averrrry

i play a lot of warzone 2 and modern warfare II and recently my hir registration has been atrocious. my ping in game and off game is perfectly fine for a cable connection. it rides around 25-30 when not gaming and 30-40 while gaming. 

but even with that low ping my hit registration is horrible. i’m losing gunfights i shouldn’t be losing, sometimes theres a delay in weapon swap (even with fast hands) and sometimes it takes a bit to mantle. 

i know the game in general has issues like this, but for it to be happening to me consistently when others in my party are fine is a bit irritating and concerning. 

would anyone know why this would be? i can’t see lag-comp being a issue here. i have congenstion control setup very well. i did it manually because auto even with anti-spike the ping was very high (50-80). 

i have an open nat on my series s, no packet loss, and i have a buffer bloat score of A+ across the board. 

i would appreciate the help a lot, this is a growing issue that is quite irritating 🤣🤣🤣

• Administrators

It's very hard for us to comment on and to try to improve an in game experience when the stats are fine. What is the Geo-Filter ping and what is the in game ping? Depending on how much they differ it might shed light on the situation.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's very hard for us to comment on and to try to improve an in game experience when the stats are fine. What is the Geo-Filter ping and what is the in game ping? Depending on how much they differ it might shed light on the situation.

so i did a quick test and these were the results from it. the geo stayed around that point 23-25ms and my in game stayed around 35-45

050E2CDB-CED3-4C20-A269-92651937BBB8.jpeg

9EB3A0F2-C4DE-4C36-97AB-A51E4254F040.jpeg

• Administrators

Thanks for that, could you force another server and provide an Auto Ping screenshot of that game and tell me what your experience is like in that match please? Then I can compare the two as for now, that looks fine.

55 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, could you force another server and provide an Auto Ping screenshot of that game and tell me what your experience is like in that match please? Then I can compare the two as for now, that looks fine.

this was from a game where i had auto-ping off and manually pinged a server. the hit reg was way better and no stutter/lag. and latency in game is around the same as with auto-ping on. the server itself seemed to have a lower ping though. 

C180872D-D1F2-4DBB-9358-6FCDB333E72F.jpeg

D65D2EBF-16B1-49D6-AD04-B6813D893D51.jpeg

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you do it with Auto Ping specifically please as it provides the extra information like send/receive and tick rates

this is the results i got from it. the server was spiking a lot going from 30-70, but my ping was above 50 the whole time as well. the hit registration wasn’t terrible, but it was still very noticeable that there was a delay 

6AE872FE-C4A5-4E3F-B8F6-148A81790D12.jpeg

7608F3F0-BAEA-4755-BE99-39E8397A6CF3.jpeg

• Administrators
1 hour ago, averrrry said:

this is the results i got from it. the server was spiking a lot going from 30-70, but my ping was above 50 the whole time as well. the hit registration wasn’t terrible, but it was still very noticeable that there was a delay 

Basically no details on that Auto Ping unfortunately, if you can get one that has all the information populated like the first one that would be good. Generally forcing different servers does help though

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Basically no details on that Auto Ping unfortunately, if you can get one that has all the information populated like the first one that would be good. Generally forcing different servers does help though

my apologies on the late response, i’ve been dealing with some personal issues today. i can grab another screenshot of a different server tomorrow morning. again i apologize about the delay

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, averrrry said:

my apologies on the late response, i’ve been dealing with some personal issues today. i can grab another screenshot of a different server tomorrow morning. again i apologize about the delay

No worries at all, take your time, real life takes precedence, hope you're doing okay!

6 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Sounds like every other post on here, he prob just needs to dial in his qos, call of duty just handicapping him, how fast is the internet

SBMM is most likely at work. Activision has some HOODOO running in the background that’s does this. 

most likely everything’s fine on your end and the router and with your isp BUT sbmm is affecting your experience.

2 hours ago, crunkjuice1 said:

SBMM is most likely at work. Activision has some HOODOO running in the background that’s does this. 

most likely everything’s fine on your end and the router and with your isp BUT sbmm is affecting your experience.

nah thats lag compression engine doing its job

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No worries at all, take your time, real life takes precedence, hope you're doing okay!

i appreciate that! and this was the results i got from it. even with that low ping the hit registration was pretty bad 

EC1E94A7-62AA-4EB1-810C-73D1FD3EB907.jpeg

2DB53F4C-C99B-4D8C-8654-3741B28B4F33.jpeg

• Administrators
21 hours ago, averrrry said:

i appreciate that! and this was the results i got from it. even with that low ping the hit registration was pretty bad 

Thanks for that, okay and would you say it was better or worse than that game you provided the original screenshot for? If you're not sure, if you can do two more games with two more Auto Ping screenshots we can get an idea of what games you should aim to get.

On 3/16/2023 at 11:27 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, okay and would you say it was better or worse than that game you provided the original screenshot for? If you're not sure, if you can do two more games with two more Auto Ping screenshots we can get an idea of what games you should aim to get.

so that specific game was better then most games have been, but was still bad. i played today and had low ping but atrocious hit reg. on the taq-56 it was taking between 13-15 shots to kill 1 person and the ping was at 40. i tried other guns and it was the same. there was also a delay between swapping weapons and mantling. i don’t believe it was servers because my teammates had no issues it was just me

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If your ping is low then it's unlikely to be an issue on your side, if you can do the above though that will give me a better idea of what servers you can try to force

was able to get a few more results for you today, the 2nd one the screenshot on dumaOS wasn’t saves correctly but was able to save the game ping, and i remember the geo ping was around 35 and the in game was between 40-50, and it felt fine,

the game below on the other hand i was able to capture, and even with that low ping it felt off.

737258F0-1C8C-4887-B6D9-C7C8E2ED437F.jpeg

7B0668E6-4D58-4ACB-8DC0-9859D34CFE35.jpeg

• Administrators

There aren't any details to compare really, if I can see:

Host Tick Rate
Client Tick Rate
Send Rate
Receive Rate

and we know what your experience is like on certain values then I can say to look out for servers with X tick rate and X receive rate, they'll probably be laggy so you should quit and research etc.

@Netduma Fraser I may add, since Wednesday update on COD. There is been latency issues, high spikes making it hard to play. @averrrry have a look at your latency meter, is it steady or it spikes ? Mine is terrible at the moment I dont if its just on console, my friends to experience latency spikes.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/warzone-2-players-frustrated-out-control-latency-packet-loss-season-2

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There aren't any details to compare really, if I can see:

Host Tick Rate
Client Tick Rate
Send Rate
Receive Rate

and we know what your experience is like on certain values then I can say to look out for servers with X tick rate and X receive rate, they'll probably be laggy so you should quit and research etc.

i understand what you mean now my apologies, i’ll try and get a screenshot with all the info right now 

24 minutes ago, averrrry said:

i understand what you mean now my apologies, i’ll try and get a screenshot with all the info right now 

29 minutes ago, averrrry said:

was able to grab this one right now. i’ll grab a few more in a bit, but the hit reg was atrocious to the point i had to leave the game. it was almost unplayable. yet everyone else was able to shoot me in the correct amount of bullets it should take. 7ECD4B37-1557-4C9F-AF49-CA36EA7FEE30.jpeg.b3427313bb92fdc3f527728b7aeff3cc.jpeg7ECD4B37-1557-4C9F-AF49-CA36EA7FEE30.jpeg.b3427313bb92fdc3f527728b7aeff3cc.jpeg1FF018F4-4043-4AA2-AD25-7E03DC15153C.jpeg.0f231cd14a076b10ad725eaa5633324e.jpeg

2 hours ago, Seye said:

@Netduma Fraser I may add, since Wednesday update on COD. There is been latency issues, high spikes making it hard to play. @averrrry have a look at your latency meter, is it steady or it spikes ? Mine is terrible at the moment I dont if its just on console, my friends to experience latency spikes.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/warzone-2-players-frustrated-out-control-latency-packet-loss-season-2

my latency isn’t spiking, it stays around 30-50 and doesn’t go above that. in game it fluctuates by 3 or 5 but never high spikes. and i did a bufferbloat test and a benchmark test on the R2 and it came back aw A+. 

i know the game has latency and hit reg issues. but for me to have them and others not have them that sounds like more then a game issue, not sure tho. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great thanks, keep them coming! 

every single one of these games it was bad, on the second photo that game my gun swapping was even delayed, yet everyone else was fine in game. 

as for my ping in game, for these 4 screenshots my in-game ping was riding between 40-50. 

DB19C6CF-CFC9-4602-8E13-B2132F70359E.jpeg

116DD42D-DC94-4A1E-BD55-707F72FE637D.jpeg

C8BA7643-9F58-4EE4-955B-EA3097C55FBF.jpeg

0236FDEB-E4E5-45BC-B50D-B984902CFD4B.jpeg