Warzone 2.0 - Geo-Filter Not Working

TheSkyscraper

Warzone 2 geo filter is not working. I boot up the game and it only shows the dublin data center. Never shows other servers. The ping heatmap also does not work for warzone or modern warfare 2, but does for all other games.

What's the deal? I don't want to have to reset my router and change all my router settings when it appears it a netduma/cod issue. 

I followed the:

Quit the application/game/client completely
Remove device from the Geo-Filter
Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
Wait 2 minutes
Boot up application/game/client

This does not fix the issue.

Please assist.

Thank you.

• Administrators

Ping Heatmap we can do a cloud update next week, that won't affect your ability to use the Geo-Filter at all.

So when you're actually searching for a game can you get into a game and does it show a server within your radius when it does?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ping Heatmap we can do a cloud update next week, that won't affect your ability to use the Geo-Filter at all.

So when you're actually searching for a game can you get into a game and does it show a server within your radius when it does?

See attached. I shouldn't be getting in this game.

GeoFilterError.jpg

The game above I had 100 latency. I am also using hybrid vpn for certain ports. With the parameters I have, I shouldn't/don't expect to be put in a lobby, but simply testing if the geofilter is working. And it isn't. Also, it's finding/putting me in these games in a couple minutes/less than a minute. 

Attached is the VPN ports.

VPN.jpg

There's no chance the game was within that radius because it was 100 ping. This radius would only allow west coast servers, which never go over 60. 

And no, it doesn't work more as expected with the hybrid VPN disabled. See attached.

With Warzone 1, I would set a radius and when searching for a game it would stay "searching for a game <37 ping" or whatever and never go above that. Now it keeps going up and up til it finds a game outside my radius and joins it. Even though it shows that it's a blocked server on the geo filter.

GeoFilterError1.jpg

• Administrators

It could be within the radius and the server shown in that radius was mislocated on the map, was that what you pinged on the Geo-Filter? 

Are you actually located on the East Coast? I know there has been problems in the past where there has been issues trying to force west coast servers, if you are from the east or central and try to force around there does it work?

I'm on the west coast, PNW. Where the radius circle is located. And it's clearly joined a server in California, that shows as blocked, but it's putting me in it anyways.

I don't know, I'll probably have to reset the router again.

Why is technology always regressing? I'm not saying it's your fault, ATVI keeps screwing up their game. IPhone, Windows, COD, Chrome, Comcast, like literally every piece of technology is a bigger pain in the ass now than it was. Too convoluted?

9 hours ago, TheSkyscraper said:

I'm on the west coast, PNW. Where the radius circle is located. And it's clearly joined a server in California, that shows as blocked, but it's putting me in it anyways.

I don't know, I'll probably have to reset the router again.

Why is technology always regressing? I'm not saying it's your fault, ATVI keeps screwing up their game. IPhone, Windows, COD, Chrome, Comcast, like literally every piece of technology is a bigger pain in the ass now than it was. Too convoluted?

Out of interest, where was your VPN set to? That could account for the increased Ping. 

On 2/27/2023 at 3:37 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Out of interest, where was your VPN set to? That could account for the increased Ping. 

Set to Istanbul, Turkey. But even without the VPN Geo Filter is not working.

The Geo Filter does work for Halo Infinite. So I don't know what the deal is with Warzone.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
42 minutes ago, noob said:

j'ai le meme problème le geo filtre ne marche pa sur warzone 2 pourqoi 

j'é toujours une ip aléatoire 

Bonjour, pourriez-vous créer un nouveau sujet pour votre problème, s'il vous plaît ? Qu'est-ce que tu veux dire par une adresse IP aléatoire ? Dans ce nouveau sujet, veuillez fournir une capture d'écran de la page Geo-Filter montrant ce que vous voyez quand cela se produit.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question…

I’m based in UK and tried to test US east coast servers by setting geo filter around servers in Florida and New York but was unable to join any games (it would search, state connecting then restart the search).

I don’t use VPN, so what is the best way to force US east coast servers from UK?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Quick question…

I’m based in UK and tried to test US east coast servers by setting geo filter around servers in Florida and New York but was unable to join any games (it would search, state connecting then restart the search).

I don’t use VPN, so what is the best way to force US east coast servers from UK?

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

You'll want to ensure Ping Assist is set to 0, then see if it works better.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

You'll want to ensure Ping Assist is set to 0, then see if it works better.

Thanks Fraser. I’ll give that a go in the week and confirm if worked. I play on XSX so presume I just keep the device as it currently is set up?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Thanks Fraser. I’ll give that a go in the week and confirm if worked. I play on XSX so presume I just keep the device as it currently is set up?

Yes that's right!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
7 hours ago, Dopam-IT_1987 said:

@konspiracy  so his work ? because geo filter doesn't work with netduma r1 and r2 my geo filter is down in warzone 2 

The Geo-Filter doesn't go down, it shows connections that are available to you, what exactly is the issue?

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Dopam-IT_1987 said:

it's not a same ip always other  and how i ping server is at this time holland after madrid etc 

That's not a Geo-Filter issue, there are multiple servers clustered in the same location, auto ping will ping whatever server you connect to

OK, I'm willing to believe that there are several servers in the same place with different IP addresses, for example 51.225.13.25 and 5.10.04.20, but one points to Italy and the other to Holland, whereas I've blocked on Holland Rotterdam.

my question is what is the basis of the matchmaking in warzone for example when we could block the old games the icmp ping was on 3076 or the 3074 

I think they're bypassing netduma's activision restriction like I heard they did on halo, is that right?