Pulsing Circles Issue

lukasz

So as mentioned above i had that since more than a week and also i woes lagging and so on i have tryed everything that woes posted on our forum i woes even thinking its my Isp so i run different diagnostics finally yesterday i got in chat with Issues Terminator Lain and yes i woes right something woes wrong my UPnP list woes like 3 pages long and my geo filter woes accually not working it woes just filtering chat bot not the game there for i had that shity connections what i needed to do woes to turn off my ps4 restart the router and then after the router woes restarted turn on ps4 again and it worked i can now se the host no pulsing circles oh and Lain have put also admin mode i have tested few games seems very smoth now i will test it on ghost today becouse i had the moust issues on ghost and i even more know my geo woes not working properly couse before i have never had i booting issue since we fix that i had expirience that so thank you Issues Terminator Lain and whole netduma team and you guys forum members

Guest Netduma_Iain

Terminator Iain lol! I'm going to address this issue very soon, its effectively the same issue as multi-console support. When I'm done with it you won't need to reboot the router if you get  funny upnp table :)

Terminator Iain lol! I'm going to address this issue very soon, its effectively the same issue as multi-console support. When I'm done with it you won't need to reboot the router if you get  funny upnp table :)

cool

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yeah my name is Iain with an 'i' for indigo. Don't worry people have been getting my name wrong since 86, doesn't bother me one iota :)

So if im still lagging like crazy and i mean shot around corner, poor hit detection etc etc, with no definative host (large circle) as all the circle pulsate, then i simply switch off the ps4 and restart the router?

So if im still lagging like crazy and i mean shot around corner, poor hit detection etc etc, with no definative host (large circle) as all the circle pulsate, then i simply switch off the ps4 and restart the router?

first go to setting UPnP settings and see if you have a long list if so turn off the ps4 restart the router and then when router is back online agin turn on ps4 and then have a look on your UPnP page you should have like 2-3 positions there only tell me if that helps

first go to setting UPnP settings and see if you have a long list if so turn off the ps4 restart the router and then when router is back online agin turn on ps4 and then have a look on your UPnP page you should have like 2-3 positions there only tell me if that helps

I have 25 entries.

Too late to test now, i will try tomorrow, thanks lukasz

I would not of thought 25 entries to be bad.

Well not for a ps4, xb1 and ps3.

well i have just one consol connected bot he mentioned something it is connected to multiple consol issue he is currently working on

Guest Netduma_Iain

Its not the amount but the fact they overlap each other. So its just an easy way to debug without going into specifics. 

i got a lot of different devices (PS4, Xbox, several PCs and Phones,...) in the UPnP with most of them carrying several IPs and an overal of 17 UPnP entries, would that qualify as too long/overlapping?

cannot really spot one that is assigned to several devices, anyhow here is a pic incase this helps to adress the issue or something like that :)

gowyckX.png

Guest Netduma_Iain

I can't tell just be looking I'm afraid. The simplest way to test is to reboot and only play on one console and see if you get better games :) 

OMG... I have way to many...Holy crap...so resetting PS4 and router should clear this? Would I have to do this every time?

Its not the amount but the fact they overlap each other. So its just an easy way to debug without going into specifics.  

now i did that yesterday it help me to see host i wil try gaming on it today

Guest Netduma_Iain

AOrtiz, it doesn't mean you have a problem. If you have pulsing circles when you play instead of either:

1. One big circle
  2. All big circles
  3. All small circles

If they keep changing size between them then you likely need to reset your UPnP for now. 

iain when you reset your UPnP as in restart the router do you lose your current "geo-filter player whitelist"?

like those friends or players you avoided or favoured

incase a restart or actual reset would do this it would be nice to have a backup function for this :)

just an idea, backup just for your player whitelist ofc

iain when you reset your UPnP as in restart the router do you lose your current "geo-filter player whitelist"?

incase a restart or actual reset would do this it would be nice to have a backup function for this :)

Your geofilter size will reset but nothing else does.

What your questioning would happen on a factory reset.

Hey od1n.  To "restart" your UPnP I believe you go to that part of settings and click it to enable/disable to clear it.  I'm not at home but so cannot confirm it.

To actually reset the router is to basically unplug the power source, wait 10 seconds and plug back in.

Archived