US Order

I am happy for you guy's. My tracking seems to have done the opposite of you guy's, went from updates when it first got in to the states. To now, nothing but a dark black hole sadly.... :)

Mine was stuck at the ISC for a few days, then popped out of San Francisco, spent a day crossing the bridge to Oakland, then made its way back to San Francisco. I don't even pretend to understand how USPS operates. I'm sure there's a method to the madness somewhere, but I just don't see it. I guess it won't be here today. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy for you guy's. My tracking seems to have done the opposite of you guy's, went from updates when it first got in to the states. To now, nothing but a dark black hole sadly.... :)

Watch it show up today or tomorrow for you. I still agree that the tracking with usps is terrible. I always noticed it, if I had my choice I would prefer ups or fedex

Watch it show up today or tomorrow for you. I still agree that the tracking with usps is terrible. I always noticed it, if I had my choice I would prefer ups or fedex

Having worked for a company several years ago that did notifications like that for companies, I know how they SHOULD work and how they often end up DO working. 

I got the text notification about my R1 being in SFO Saturday night about the middle of the day on Sunday. But then I got the notification that it re-arrived in SFO at 10:30 this morning just a few minutes ago, so only about half an hour late. 

The wildly varying delays in notifications could be due to the sheer number of notifications they're processing and/or sending to whomever actually delivers them to you, or if they don't have their own notification systems it could be both delays in their system for delivering them to their vendor AND the vendor probably also being overwhelmed with companies sending out holiday sale stuff and tracking notices and who knows what.

I actually just built a system for linking one of our applications to a 3rd party SMS vendor for delivering updates and notifications. There is a delay from the time the action happens in the app to when it pushes out the file with the text of the message to one of our servers, then the processing system only runs once per minute to look for new messages to send, then it pushes that to a web service hosted by our SMS vendor, then they do something with it and it magically gets sent to the recipient's phone. There are many places for delays to happen. 

Thanks, and I hope you're right. As when i ordered it, i told myself i won't turn my ps4 back on until i got it ;) So i hope i didn't curse myself lol

Update.  I ordered my router on Sunday the 14th.  It just arrived here in Seattle, Wa. - USA today (12.23.2014)  I had signed up for both e-mail and text alerts, neither of which hit before the package hit my desk.  about 10 minutes into my joy of opening and touching my hopeful savior, I did get a text message update that it was "out for delivery" as of 0844hrs this morning.  So, yeah.....

Now, how about some beautiful R1 Router pr0n??

http://s29.postimg.org/n04bo7y2f/IMAG0076.jpg

Glad you got it! Hearing you didn't get any updates from usps till it was already delivered, makes me feel a bit better. As usps has been bringing me down the more time that passes.

When I read your comment, I had to check the website to see if it updated.  It did, and now shows "delivered", so the electronic tracking from the hand scanner seems to be up to date and accurate.  I still haven't seen a text saying that it's been delivered, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that formatting.

I'll keep my paws crossed for you my friend.  Try to take it easy on the mailman.....LOL

Update.  I ordered my router on Sunday the 14th.  It just arrived here in Seattle, Wa. - USA today (12.23.2014)  I had signed up for both e-mail and text alerts, neither of which hit before the package hit my desk.  about 10 minutes into my joy of opening and touching my hopeful savior, I did get a text message update that it was "out for delivery" as of 0844hrs this morning.  So, yeah.....

Now that's just mean! ;)

When I read your comment, I had to check the website to see if it updated. It did, and now shows "delivered", so the electronic tracking from the hand scanner seems to be up to date and accurate. I still haven't seen a text saying that it's been delivered, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that formatting.

I'll keep my paws crossed for you my friend. Try to take it easy on the mailman.....LOL

Well mine hasn't updated since it departed usps US Customs. Which was sunday at 4:48am. So it has to be somewhere by now, hopefully on the way to my house. As mailman hasn't ran here yet today, been running late lately guessing due to holidays.

Welp mailman just came around, and no package with my mail. So I guess I am SOL another day at least. Sucks wasn't normal mailman either today. So can only hope it comes tomorrow, if not gonna be at least friday before I get it with christmas thursday. Looking at where the UK is, and where I am located. I really thought I would be one of first to get router in second shipment. At this rate, I may be the last  :lol:

Sweet! Mine will be here today but I did get updates early this morning.

Welp mailman just came around, and no package with my mail. So I guess I am SOL another day at least. Sucks wasn't normal mailman either today. So can only hope it comes tomorrow, if not gonna be at least friday before I get it with christmas thursday. Looking at where the UK is, and where I am located. I really thought I would be one of first to get router in second shipment. At this rate, I may be the last :lol:

I bet you'll get tomorrow!

Well being a little salty with usps, i decided to tweet them. Probably won't reply, just like they don't update tracking for days. I am just irritated with them. As i could of drove to where my package departed sunday at 5am, 3x times. I just know, i will remember service like this, and think twice before i ship something threw them in the future.

It's pretty bad, when a company turns your mood into grinch mode :lol:

Well being a little salty with usps, i decided to tweet them. Probably won't reply, just like they don't update tracking for days. I am just irritated with them. As i could of drove to where my package departed sunday at 5am, 3x times. I just know, i will remember service like this, and think twice before i ship something threw them in the future.

yeah, they aren't the most hip on technologies.

Mine was

Chicago - ISTL

Chicago

Missed Delivery....

So i don't know there...One thing to remember with the 5 hour drive thing, they drive mail from hub to hub, it is sorted at each location into a smaller batch until finally it is your mail persons load for the day.

If you miss the delivery that person tags it to go to the USPS associated with your location, and then takes it back to the hub and it get dumped into a bucket and resorted again....

It is all very very outdated, medieval though.

To be fair, this is probably not the most fun time of year for them

To be fair, this is probably not their most fun time of year. Like Black Friday for retail, or spring for accountants.  ^_^

As frustrating as it is (next clan war starts the 27th!), I'm trying to remember to be patient  :D IT'S HARD, BUT I'M TRYING!

Yeah 99% of time when i have ordered in past, and stuff came from up north new york area. It would stop at a washington dc hub, and then straight to my local PO. So if my package left at 5am sunday, like my last usps tracking update i got. By sunday night, It should of hit DC hub. So by today, it should of been able for delivery imho. We will see tomorrow, but not counting on it.

yeah, they aren't the most hip on technologies.

Mine was

Chicago - ISTL

Chicago

Missed Delivery....

So i don't know there...One thing to remember with the 5 hour drive thing, they drive mail from hub to hub, it is sorted at each location into a smaller batch until finally it is your mail persons load for the day.

If you miss the delivery that person tags it to go to the USPS associated with your location, and then takes it back to the hub and it get dumped into a bucket and resorted again....

It is all very very outdated, medieval though.

Mine arrived today, so i told my wife to be home for delivery.  However i got a text saying it had been delivered before she got home.  It was still there, so i am not sure why i didnt need a signiture unless our postman did it? Weird.

Well Jman,

If that is the case, and as long as it was placed in safe spot. I would be thankful for him doing that, knowing it's christmas holiday, and everyone waiting to receive packages.

Yeah i agree, I am thankful!  My wife said it was inbetween our two doors.  I have a few hours before i can even get my hands on it :mellow:

Yeah i agree, I am thankful!  My wife said it was inbetween our two doors.  I have a few hours before i can even get my hands on it :mellow:

I rather be the one waiting few hours to get hands on, then starring into the shadows of the unknown :lol: I am to the point of needing to request a online prayer group from all the guy's that got one already haha..

I rather be the one waiting few hours to get hands on, then starring into the shadows of the unknown :lol: I am to the point of needing to request a online prayer group from all the guy's that got one already haha..

You can join me, hiding in the bushes waiting to grab the mailman and make him take me to the secret postal lair where they're holding my R1 hostage

You can join me, hiding in the bushes waiting to grab the mailman and make him take me to the secret postal lair where they're holding my R1 hostage

Well i don't know how it will make the netduma guy's feel, but they should feel honored. In knowing, me, and you will become the grinch tomorrow if our packages don't come in. As we will tie up the mailman, by days end. If our demand's are not met, until our packages appear. :D

OMG Activity!  Finally the package has left the USPS ISC shipment hostage site and they put it in some other USPS facility... in the same city.... For all I know they walked it across the hall and put it in another room to sit there with some other packages that the R1 hasn't met yet.

MORE ACTIVITY!  The package has left the USPS Facility!  Someone has taken it for a walk, I guess... It may be back in its cell this evening.

Well my package should be here today, as my tracking finally updated this morning. Says it's out for delivery for today :)

Heck yeah buddy! Santa must of thought you were good this year lol

Archived