How to get Hybrid VPN just to VPN COD?

local_celebrity

I can get Hybrid VPN to VPN my entire Playstation, and this works fine with COD.

However when I try to restrict Hybrid VPN to just COD, it doesn't work. COD's in-game network settings show my local UK server rather than my preferred one in Frankfurt.

I'm using the ports listed on the Activision site for my console (Playstation). 

TCP: 3478-3480

UDP: 3074, 3478-3479

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

2096438108_VPNTraffic.png.df845803979617a74870455f1c66db20.png

When  i used  both  configs for ps5    open vpn  or wireguard   on my ps5

I judt vpn my ps5  i didnt add any rules 

And mine worked  great

My vpn is surfshark btw

In network  status  my internal and external ports was showing as 3074

And it was showing  my home location as eg my vpn server i picked eg italy milan

But on my other vpn it wouldnt work        hidemyass vpn   and internal ip  port ws 3074  but external was random number never  3074 also it would show  my home location  as my proper adress

Hope this info might help you

Port 443 worked! Thanks @Netduma Liamand @Fuzy

However, my NAT is now showing as Strict in COD.

Any ideas how I might be able to change it to moderate?

I've read elsewhere on the forum that an open NAT isn't possible with a VPN, but moderate would certainly be better.

My UPnP is enabled. 

16 minutes ago, local_celebrity said:

Port 443 worked! Thanks @Netduma Liamand @Fuzy

However, my NAT is now showing as Strict in COD.

Any ideas how I might be able to change it to moderate?

I've read elsewhere on the forum that an open NAT isn't possible with a VPN, but moderate would certainly be better.

My UPnP is enabled. 

Are you using Geo-filter? If you temporarily disable filtering mode in Geo-filter and reboot the console, is your NAT still strict?

What's the make and model of your modem? Is it a modem/router combo or is it a pure modem with no Wi-Fi/routing capabilities?

2 hours ago, local_celebrity said:

Thanks for the response, @Netduma Liam. Much appreciated.

Yes, I use Geofilter. I'll try disabling and see what happens.

My modem is an ONT fibre modem. No wifi/routing capabilities.

OK, if disabling Geo-filter doesn't make a difference, can you check whether with the VPN disabled you have Open NAT or Moderate NAT?

Ah, so parking the issue of NAT for a moment, it turns out adding port 443 didn't work after all.

Although COD was showing my preferred German VPN under Geographical Region in the in-game settings, it was actually routing traffic through my local UK server. I noticed because the latency was too low.

I then did some tests with a far away VPN server in Los Angeles and got the same result (sub 20ms). When I went back to Hybring VPNing the Playstation as a whole (not specific services) the latency jumped to 200ms, so I knew the VPN was working.

Tbh it's not really a massive issue. I can at least get the VPN to work, which is the most important thing. I just got to keep enabling Hybrid VPN whenever I want to play COD, and disabling it when I don't.

But it would be nice if I could just get the add services feature to work. If there's another PS5 owner out there that uses Surfshark, lemme know where I'm going wrong...

625979089_VPNTraffic.png.f7bb3b7def97203285a668713afa95f0.png

7 minutes ago, local_celebrity said:

Ah, so parking the issue of NAT for a moment, it turns out adding port 443 didn't work after all.

Although COD was showing my preferred German VPN under Geographical Region in the in-game settings, it was actually routing traffic through my local UK server. I noticed because the latency was too low.

I then did some tests with a far away server in Los Angeles VPN and got the same result (sub 20ms). When I went back to Hybring VPNing the Playstation as a whole (not specific services) the latency jumped to 200ms, so I knew the VPN was working.

Tbh it's not really a massive issue. I can at least get the VPN to work, which is the most important thing. I just got to keep enabling Hybrid VPN whenever I want to play COD, and disabling it when I don't.

But it would be nice if I could just get the add services feature to work. If there's another PS5 owner out there that uses Surfshark, lemme know where I'm going wrong...

Thanks for updating, I suspect this is why we initially didn't allow specific services to be filtered with Consoles, due to inconsistencies like this. We are currently investigating a separate issue where some services are going through the VPN when they shouldn't be, so the fix to that problem may also be the fix to yours. However, it's hard to say as this is a console.