Geo-Filter 60-70ms question

Jackal235

Hi, 

It looks that, my best games are on 60-70ms servers, which are not that easy to find. Anything close to me is under 30ms, when looking for farther is around 100ms or more.

Is there a way to set the geo-filter to allow 60-70ms games (not below, not above)?

I’d like to know this too. I usually force servers further away if I can remember to do so, but if I connect to low ping server then I’m literally instantly dying in a bullet yet the killcam shows the other player emptying half a clip on me. It genuinely feels like I’m at least half a second behind on UK or French servers.

We were looking at implementing a lower value to Ping Assist, so you can set a ping range, meaning Geo-filter would block servers with a ping below your minimum value, and above your maximum value.

In the mean time, the best solution would be to use Ping Heatmap to find which servers are around the ping you'd like, then use Polygon mode to set polygons around those locations.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

We were looking at implementing a lower value to Ping Assist, so you can set a ping range, meaning Geo-filter would block servers with a ping below your minimum value, and above your maximum value.

In the mean time, the best solution would be to use Ping Heatmap to find which servers are around the ping you'd like, then use Polygon mode to set polygons around those locations.

Yeah that’s what I do at the moment with polygons around Italy and Spain. I think they are the best options from UK at around 35ms? 

Is the ping assist range function still in development or has it been shelved?

1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Yeah that’s what I do at the moment with polygons around Italy and Spain. I think they are the best options from UK at around 35ms? 

Is the ping assist range function still in development or has it been shelved?

It's on our roadmap, but there's a lot of overhauls happening around these features so it won't be implemented until we've worked out more of how we're going to improve the rest of these features.

There is a way that used to work on older cods  but i dont think it eorks on this one but i havent teststed it propely

The easyest way is what liam recomended  and works

This other method is what liam talking about doing in the future but you could do it manually in previouscods here how btw its vey time consuming  and a lot of work

Ile explain if anybody wants to tty  to do it themselves but far as  i know it wont work as i couldnt permantly ban servers  like you could on older cods first seet ping assist to 9ms or your lowest ping you   can find a game set home location in the sea anywhere

You have to block every data centre  server thats uder 8moms the ping you wanna play on or clostest to that number

Base ping is  9ms sround 

So i would have to block every data centre  that  pings 9ms 

Once you blockeed eveyone you have search for a game it shouldnt find a game as we blocked all the data cenres then set ping assist to 20ms then block every data centre  under 20ms then search for a game it shouldnt find a gameas we have now blocked a ll the data centres  undr 20ms

The  again set ping assist to 30ms then do the same process as before block all dsta centre and then search 

Then keep doing the same incresing the ping by  10ms to you get to your 8ms

If you do try this its more easier  if you disable cross play  as it lowers the amount of data centres you have to block

To block a data centre  all you have to do isclikck on the game on your hoesreen/dashborfd  the game will launch    you should see  press x to start now on dumars geo filter i t shows evey data centre  it will highligh tghe data centre you are on    click deny acess   then   hold psn button then press close game  rinse and repeat this process a lot s of times to you block all the servers

Thats it its a lot of effort  

When its just easier to just set your home location over the server thats  pings  around80ms and turn off ping assist

Btw this is ps5/4 method it should be same on other consoles

On 12/2/2022 at 3:47 AM, Jackal235 said:

Hi, 

It looks that, my best games are on 60-70ms servers, which are not that easy to find.

This is my base ping exactly . Plugging my XBOX to my ISP router straight , this is what I get. 60 to 70 (Athens, Greece). Constantly. No geofilter , no QoS,  no nothing. If you ask me, it feels OK. The only thing I have in mind while jumping into a game is Jackfrag's advices. I don't rush, I peek corners, and I use one or two attachments on my weapons. For the first time in a long time, auto tactical sprint is set to off and I don't look back (regarding MW2). This is how you play the game if you want to have some fun.