Port prioritizing

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Prioritizing ports and port forwarding are different so you don't need to disable UPnP at all. Just to clarify, is the console Xbox Series S? If so you don't need to enter ports, it will be prioritized automatically.

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for the reply!!  Yes, Xbox series S.

Im focused on the traffic prioritization that used to be hyper traffic.

Should i still goto advanced and input port/destination values. If so, should i turn off upnp if i do?

• Administrators

Traffic Prioritization will prioritize the console automatically, no need to input ports manually, it is a different feature to port forwarding so you wouldn't disable UPnP if you were to put in ports manually on Traffic Prioritization.

• 1 month later...

Hi. So this is where i get super confused.  When manually inputting the port prio i have seen soo many opinions between source and destination, not sure what does what tbh.

For xbox/NHL

I see these suggestions frequently.   Source 3074 Destination 1-65535

S 1-65535  D 3074

Which should be set for xbox?  I have tried just using classified games but the ports never light up.

• Administrators

DumaOS Classified Games should definitely be working on a console, resync the cloud on the Device Manager, Geo-Filter and Ping Heatmap then try that again. Otherwise I would suggest source ports are left at their default 1-65535 and change the destination.

More then one rule can be used as long as they dont overlap.. 

If you decide to use the manual rule in your case I would try something like this..

Source:  3074-65535 UDP

Destination: 3074-65535 UDP.

That arrangement should cover it for you.. But do make sure you resync like Fraser mentioned..

Thanks!

Zippy.

Hi.  I was messing with various port prio values yesterday for like an hour.  Ended up with a fantastic connection which i played for awhile.

When i turned on geo filter  things suddenly got very laggy.  What i noticed was my download packets in port prio were almost 3x more than upload, where usually they are around 50/50.  

Nothing dowloading in the background. After an hour of resets i gave up as gaming was too laggy.

Any thoughts on how geo filter threw things outta whack?

On 1/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

DumaOS Classified Games should definitely be working on a console, resync the cloud on the Device Manager, Geo-Filter and Ping Heatmap then try that again. Otherwise I would suggest source ports are left at their default 1-65535 and change the destination.

Frazer,

To clarify so when making you own rules it is best to use source 1-65535 and 1024 - 65535 or source 1024-65535 to  1-65535?

Also when you want to prioritize specific ports do you recommend specific port for source or destination and then use 1-65535 for the other range?

TIA

4 hours ago, XSXS said:

Frazer,

To clarify so when making you own rules it is best to use source 1-65535 and 1024 - 65535 or source 1024-65535 to  1-65535?

Also when you want to prioritize specific ports do you recommend specific port for source or destination and then use 1-65535 for the other range?

TIA

The former: Source 1-65535 and  Dest 1024 - 65535

Generally you can always leave source as 1-65535, then just set Dest to the ports you want to prioritise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Quick questions

Disablng share excess should be done in applications, devices or both?

If i want to set my XBOX speeds to 5up/5down, do i set that with the top QOS bars or?

Can i have my bandwith set to 100%. On bandwith allocation flower, can i select devices, select xbox, and turn my up/dl speeds down from there?

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Ivanbad said:

Hi. Quick questions

Disablng share excess should be done in applications, devices or both?

If i want to set my XBOX speeds to 5up/5down, do i set that with the top QOS bars or?

Can i have my bandwith set to 100%. On bandwith allocation flower, can i select devices, select xbox, and turn my up/dl speeds down from there?

Share Excess just applies to Download/Upload so only option is to enable fully or disable fully. 

Congestion Control is network wide limitation, Bandwidth Allocation is allocating bandwidth to specific devices/applications. 

You can but giving gaming/a console more bandwidth won't make it use more bandwidth for gaming. Gaming uses very little bandwidth so if you gave it 2 Mbps or 1000 Mbps it would still only use the same amount.

Hi Fraser

So I've gone over tons of opinions on here. Some say bufferbloat on Xbox edge is innacurate, use aIf pc.  

I read if you disable share excess then the BA values you set are for each device. I currently have my XB to 30/30 and left rest alone.

If i do a bb test on my XB edge, is that the true value.? If i do a bb test on my laptop, wouldn't that just be the bufferbloat score for just that device, and not my entire connection?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Ivanbad said:

Hi Fraser

So I've gone over tons of opinions on here. Some say bufferbloat on Xbox edge is innacurate, use aIf pc.  

I read if you disable share excess then the BA values you set are for each device. I currently have my XB to 30/30 and left rest alone.

If i do a bb test on my XB edge, is that the true value.? If i do a bb test on my laptop, wouldn't that just be the bufferbloat score for just that device, and not my entire connection?

It's best to do tests from a wired PC if possible. Yes the values will be set for each device but it doesn't mean the Xbox will use 30Mbps for gaming, gaming uses less than 1Mbps in most cases. If you're doing the test over WiFi then yes the values may be slightly off but generally it will give a picture of your whole connection.

Hi.

I ran into a known issue with Classified Games not working for the last month.  I have tried sooo many different combos/rules under Games Console

What i noticed is when setting this method that DL packets register more than UL packets by 3/4/ to 1 everytime.   In all honesty using port prio made the XBS feel slower.

So after handfuls of factory resets Classified Games started working again.  What i noticed is that with this working the DL/UL packets are almost equal, and the gameplay is noticeably and definitely better.

When i play a P2P mode is when it feels best. The UL is slightly out hitting the DL.

When i connect to servers, it's not as crisp, but a million times better than the last month under Games Console.  The DL is slightlyregistering  higher than the UL on servers i noticed.

Any ideas as to why or how i can set the UL to register higher than the DL all the time?

Hi Fraser, 

Will do.

One more question. Since doing many resets i also noticed that the router has 3 speed tests(initial setup, benchmark and set bandwith), and all perform vastly different. My package is 1000/150

Initial setup usually gets 940-970/150-165, but generally my UL breaks the 150 almost always.

Benchmark gets 600-700 and 140-149.  UL rarely cracks 150

Set bandwith is always the worst.  DL rarely cracks 500 and UL is around 110-130.

What value should be set on CC if i decide to change/tinker with CC? So far i have been using the initial setup speeds