packet burst warzone with only R2

Erik

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's definitely due to that? What is your ping at the time? 

Yes sure.  in game I ping 15..18 ms, max 30-35 ms.

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Shouldn't really be an issue then, could you make a custom rule, source 1-65535 destination 1024-65000 TCP/UDP and see if you notice any difference?

I could try, but wouldn't that be too many doors?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's basically the same as the Games Console service so it's absolutely fine to do so

ok I tried, the result is slightly better, but I always have more packages in upload than download.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this instead:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1935 - 3480
Protocol TCP/UDP

no, definitely not .. much better the second suggestion.  from geofilter (auto Ping host) it is however noted that the upload speed is faster than the download speed, always and in any case.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Games Console service was the best of them all? We can't impact the send/receive rate so that will be just what the game is doing

Ok fraser thanks. 
ok I tried, however, the netduma does not exceed 500 megs of downloads, I am on PPPOE, it is clear that the cpu in the speed test phase reaches 100% of use by castrating the bandwidth.  are there any solutions?  i tried with QOS disabled and also anti foood, but nothing to do

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is the R2 handling PPPoE itself? How did you disable QoS exactly? You can disable the protection options in WAN Settings and that may boost the speed slightly

yes, r2 manages pppo and is the main router.  I need to delete the 7590 that I had upstream.  so for now i'm satisfied even if i will have less speed, but i need to have r2 as main router.  question: how do i connect xr1000 to r2?  LAN to LAN or LAN to WAN?  would I put it in AP MODE?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Fair enough! LAN port on the R2 to WAN port on the XR then I would recommend you put the XR in AP mode yes

OK thank you!  can you tell me how to put it in AP?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Go to Settings and then Administration and go to router mode and you can switch it from there

all just great, R2 is doing its job great;  xr1000 pure.  question: if I activate ad blocker on r2 can it affect the management of packages in gaming or not?  also, if i need to connect a cable device to xr1000 (it is in AP mode) could i or not?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Erik said:

all just great, R2 is doing its job great;  xr1000 pure.  question: if I activate ad blocker on r2 can it affect the management of packages in gaming or not?  also, if i need to connect a cable device to xr1000 (it is in AP mode) could i or not?

No it shouldn't affect gaming at all, yes you can connect devices via ethernet to the XR1000 as well while in AP mode

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No it shouldn't affect gaming at all, yes you can connect devices via ethernet to the XR1000 as well while in AP mode

ok thanks Fraser!

question: is this CPU usage normal?

cpu usage.JPG

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's absolutely fine!

thanks! 

But I think there is a problem. Even if I move the cursors in the qos with always mode, only upload follows the cursor, while download always marks me and only about 330 mega. I should have at least 900..920 as per speedtest on browser

speedtest.JPG

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't worry about that too much, if speedtest.net shows the speeds you expect then you'll be getting that and the router isn't restricting you to the speeds you see on benchmark

fraser, tonight as soon as I get back from work I will leave a small review of R2 vs xr1000.  I warn you that unfortunately xr1000 in my opinion handles better packages than r2.  Xr1000 in play at warzone does not give me that feeling of being lagging behind the enemy, unlike r2 which unfortunately seems "a bit slow" in handling packets.  probably xr1000 has a better performing network card?

2 hours ago, Erik said:

fraser, tonight as soon as I get back from work I will leave a small review of R2 vs xr1000.  I warn you that unfortunately xr1000 in my opinion handles better packages than r2.  Xr1000 in play at warzone does not give me that feeling of being lagging behind the enemy, unlike r2 which unfortunately seems "a bit slow" in handling packets.  probably xr1000 has a better performing network card?

That's interesting, do you still have the same rules configured in Traffic Prioritisation we suggested? You mentioned after that it felt better.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's interesting, do you still have the same rules configured in Traffic Prioritisation we suggested? You mentioned after that it felt better.

yes the same recommended above, but I had good feelings only one game, after all it is back as before, that is to have the feeling of being late.  I tried everything, various QOS settings, various ports in the traffic prio, even resetting r2 several times but nothing changes.  I always have more packages in upload than in download.  with xr1000 instead cursors at 70%, Ping assist 0, activated the games console voice on traffic prio, everything goes wonderfully well.

19 minutes ago, Erik said:

yes the same recommended above, but I had good feelings only one game, after all it is back as before, that is to have the feeling of being late.  I tried everything, various QOS settings, various ports in the traffic prio, even resetting r2 several times but nothing changes.  I always have more packages in upload than in download.  with xr1000 instead cursors at 70%, Ping assist 0, activated the games console voice on traffic prio, everything goes wonderfully well.

OK thanks, have you switched all devices on the network to be connected to the R2? I know we mentioned doing this earlier in the thread, but you didn't mention if that's been done yet or not.

1 minute ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks, have you switched all devices on the network to be connected to the R2? I know we mentioned doing this earlier in the thread, but you didn't mention if that's been done yet or not.

I have carried out everything that you have recommended to the letter, all the devices in the house are connected to R2.  I am very sorry for this thing, because R2 is a really nice router, even dumaos is much smoother than xr1000, but unfortunately it does not give me the same yield and in game performance as xr1000.