WireGuard vpn setup

diafanos

2 hours ago, diafanos said:

Sorry, can you be more specific please... I'm not that good with those things... 

Copy the wireguard config you've currently got setup in Hybrid VPN and paste it into a notepad. Save that notepad file as something like "wireguard_config.conf". Make sure you save it as .conf and not .txt.

Then, download the WireGuard client from here: https://www.wireguard.com/install/

Then on the WireGuard client, import the config file you saved earlier and see if it works. If it doesn't, we know we still need to work on the config file.

Well, I finally got it to work. The configuration file worked AFTER A REBOOT and I have internet. I am pretty sure I used the same configuration before. Maybe I didn't reboot the router. Thank you guys!!!

The configuration file was something like that:

[Interface]
Address = 10.14.0.2/32
PrivateKey = -----------------------
ListenPort =51820
DNS = 162.252.172.57, 149.154.159.92
[Peer]
PublicKey = ------------------------
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = it-rom.prod.surfshark.com:51820

Well, I finally got it to work. The configuration file worked AFTER A REBOOT and I have internet. I am pretty sure I used the same configuration before. Maybe I didn't reboot the router. Thank you guys!!!

The configuration file was something like that:

[Interface]
Address = 10.14.0.2/32
PrivateKey = -----------------------
ListenPort =51820
[Peer]
PublicKey = ------------------------
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

Excellent, thanks for confirming. That's great to hear. Do let us know if you have and further questions or issue in future.

Unfortunately I am back.... 😄😄😄  All worked fine for a few hours and same problems again...

I did the same procedure but It shows that I am connected but no (or limited) internet.

Also I noticed that after a while the router looses the vpn configuration.

1 hour ago, diafanos said:

Unfortunately I am back.... 😄😄😄  All worked fine for a few hours and same problems again...

I did the same procedure but It shows that I am connected but no (or limited) internet.

Also I noticed that after a while the router looses the vpn configuration.

Do you see anything in the logs in System Information around the time that it occurred? Could you perhaps click the three-line menu in the top left of logs and download them, then send them over to us?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you see anything in the logs in System Information around the time that it occurred? Could you perhaps click the three-line menu in the top left of logs and download them, then send them over to us?

I have done several reboots. The log file is from about 2 hour ago. Do you still want it?

YG. With the WireGuard client vpn works fine.

• Administrators

I have done several reboots. The log file is from about 2 hour ago. Do you still want it?

YG. With the WireGuard client vpn works fine.

That should be fine thanks, also do you see anything in the logs on the VPN page?

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, diafanos said:

I lost the connection yesterday night. That's why I don't believe that the log file would help.

Ah yes looks like you rebooted after. If you're able to get it connected again and can get a log when it disconnects that would be really helpful

The problem is that it is connected but with limited internet access. Some sites work and some don't.

Do i have to change anything else to the configuration file?

It should still show in the logs. You could perhaps experiment changing the DNS server to a different DNS in the country you're VPNing too. Otherwise if you could grab a log next time you come across the problem that'd be really helpful.

Sorry to bother you again but i can't figure out a solution to my problem. The configuration file works fine with the Wireguard Desktop client. When I paste this file to R2 It says that it is connected but I have no internet. The logs tab is also empty.

When I use openVPN and try to connect the log shows something and it woks as it should.

Sorry to bother you again but i can't figure out a solution to my problem. The configuration file works fine with the Wireguard Desktop client. When I paste this file to R2 It says that it is connected but I have no internet. The logs tab is also empty.

When I use openVPN and try to connect the log shows something and it woks as it should.

Does it work again briefly after you reboot?

If not, can you paste the config file here? Make sure you remove you remove the private and public key before you paste it.

With WireGuard configuration never works. Only for a few hours 4-5 days before (I don't know how). Generally, when it connects, I have no internet. After a reboot too.

The configuration file is:
[Interface]
Address = 10.14.0.2
PrivateKey = ------------
ListenPort = 51820
[Peer]
PublicKey = ------------
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

51 minutes ago, diafanos said:

With WireGuard configuration never works. Only for a few hours 4-5 days before (I don't know how). Generally, when it connects, I have no internet. After a reboot too.

The configuration file is:
[Interface]
Address = 10.14.0.2
PrivateKey = ------------
ListenPort = 51820
[Peer]
PublicKey = ------------
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

OK, let me raise a ticket with our VPN dev and see if he can find any reason as to why that's not working, it looks perfectly fine to me. I'll get back to you.

I don't know if this help...

I tried again doing a reboot, paste the config file and gave me an error message.

Then I reboot again the router and it connects with limited internet access this time. I mean some websites load and others(most of them) doesn't load.

vpn_error.png

4 hours ago, diafanos said:

I don't know if this help...

I tried again doing a reboot, paste the config file and gave me an error message.

Then I reboot again the router and it connects with limited internet access this time. I mean some websites load and others(most of them) doesn't load.

Hey, did you by any chance remove the ListenPort field from the config file? 

While trying to reproduce your bug, I've noticed ListernPort is essential, otherwise it'll throw this error.

To provide an update: We've successfully reproduced your issue internally and we're now working on fixing it with a developer.