WireGuard vpn setup

diafanos

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you have Battle.net open in the Windows system tray when you applied the VPN? If so that could be why, exit the game and the launcher completely including from the System Tray, then enable it then launch.

Yes, the applications were closed. Even windows restart has been done.

Thats the config file:

[Interface]
Address = 10.14.0.2/16
PrivateKey =
DNS = 162.252.172.57, 149.154.159.92
[Peer]
PublicKey =
AllowedIPs = 185.34.0.0/16
Endpoint = kz-ura.prod.surfshark.com:51820

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Tony23 said:

But also, I have no internet access on my computer with this.. even when I change the allowed IP to 0.0.0.0

In the menu :menu of HybridVPN enter the DNS from the config and see if that works please

Following setup works and does not cap my internet:

VPN only these services:
UDP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3074:3074)
TCP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (443:443)

Wireguard setup:
[Interface]
Address = 10.14.0.2/16
PrivateKey = YOUR KEY
DNS = 162.252.172.57, 149.154.159.92
[Peer]

PublicKey = YOUR KEY
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = kz-ura.prod.surfshark.com:51820

The downside of this setup is that all my traffic is being channeled through the VPN.

When I change the allowed IP to 185.34.0.0/16 (sbmm server) then my internet stops working totally.

A simple and cheap travel router like the GL-SFT1200 does the work greatly. There I just put the configuration above with the SBMM server IP to mask only this IP through the VPN and it the router does the job.

Maybe your technicians can look into it.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Tony23 said:

According to this guy it used to work in DumaOS. Would be great to get back the option to make it work again. 1:50min

Sounds like he's referring to ports rather than IP - we've never had an option to apply it to an IP

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sounds like he's referring to ports rather than IP - we've never had an option to apply it to an IP

He says the configuration used to work but after the update users need to use the ports to make it work. 

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Tony23 said:

He says the configuration used to work but after the update users need to use the ports to make it work. 

Ah I see, getting around SBMM isn't something we support so we wouldn't change anything to make it easier

As I said, even cheaper routers are able to do this since it is a standard vpn feature. For me it seems like Netduma is actively blocking this feature, instead just keeping it "standard". I dont see a reason why you guys would remove that feature.

However, I might get back to my GL-SFT1200, where I dont need to care about any additional software or router complications.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tony23 said:

As I said, even cheaper routers are able to do this since it is a standard vpn feature. For me it seems like Netduma is actively blocking this feature, instead just keeping it "standard". I dont see a reason why you guys would remove that feature.

However, I might get back to my GL-SFT1200, where I dont need to care about any additional software or router complications.

We haven't removed anything/changed anything on HybridVPN for a long time

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We haven't removed anything/changed anything on HybridVPN for a long time

If so, you might want to think about adding this missing standard feature. I think a premium router like Netduma should cover this. Thanks for considering it.

Is there a reason why the Wireguard Protocol of Surfshark not working with the R2? I am not talking about the HybridVPN but the Wireguard Client and Surfshark App on Windows.

When I plug the cable to my main router the connection can be established but when I use the R2, I dont have any internet connection. Seems like something is being blocked on the R2... How can I troubleshoot this?

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Tony23 said:

Is there a reason why the Wireguard Protocol of Surfshark not working with the R2? I am not talking about the HybridVPN but the Wireguard Client and Surfshark App on Windows.

When I plug the cable to my main router the connection can be established but when I use the R2, I dont have any internet connection. Seems like something is being blocked on the R2... How can I troubleshoot this?

Disable QoS/Adblocker and see if that then allows it to work

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Tony23 said:

That solved it. What does DPI even do?

Ah okay good to know, it's Deep Packet Inspection, inspects packets so it can prioritize them rather than just prioritizing everything going through a specific port so for example if you were playing a game on a PC but there were other programs using the same ports as the game, only the game traffic would be prioritized.