WireGuard vpn setup

diafanos

1 hour ago, diafanos said:

Hello, how can i setup a vpn through WireGuard. I use a configuration file with no success. Do i miss something?

Open vpn reduces my speeds a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Who's your VPN provider? Have you downloaded their Wireguard VPN configuration files or are you trying to use the OpenVPN files? If so, unfortunately that won't work.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Who's your VPN provider? Have you downloaded their Wireguard VPN configuration files or are you trying to use the OpenVPN files? If so, unfortunately that won't work.

vpn provider is SurfShark and i use the wireguard configuration file. If i use the OpenVPN file works but the speeds are too slow.

20 minutes ago, diafanos said:

vpn provider is SurfShark and i use the wireguard configuration file. If i use the OpenVPN file works but the speeds are too slow.

OK, can you paste the config file here so we can check it? Make sure you remove the Private key and the public key before posting it though.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, can you paste the config file here so we can check it? Make sure you remove the Private key and the public key before posting it though.

#
# Use this configuration with WireGuard client
#
[Interface]
Address = 10.14.0.2/16
PrivateKey = ------
DNS = 162.252.172.57, 149.154.159.92
[Peer]
PublicKey = ------
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = it-rom.prod.surfshark.com:51820

• Administrators

Try this instead please and see if it works :

[Interface]

Address= 10.14.0.2

PrivateKey= replace with your key

ListenPort =51820

dns = 162.252.172.57,149.154.159.92

[Peer]

PublicKey= replace with your key

AllowedIPs =0.0.0.0/0

Endpoint = it-rom.prod.surfshark.com:51820

I added the device to the VPN Traffic tab. Strange thing: I rebbot the router and it seems that i connected to the server (I test it in "What's My IP Address") but now i have no inernet  🤪🤪🤪

I tried a speedtest via my ps5 and shows that has internet but it can't connect to Playstation Network.

It fails to show my download speed but it shows my upload speed. how crazy is that...

• Administrators

Okay interesting, on the VPN Setup panel click the :menu icon and you should see options for DNS, for IPv4, enter your VPN DNS in there: 

then apply, and see whether everything then works please.

Same result. There is room only for 1 DNS(i put the first one).

I reboot and noticed that the router puts the DNS to the IPv6 DNS Server(without dots.) I erase it but still the same... 

• Administrators

Given it is working for some websites/services I suspect that others have blocked the VPN IPs and that is why you cannot access the services. Use another server and you'll have a new IP and that may work, otherwise it might be best to try another provider.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, faceman469 said:

Surfshark wireguard configuration file isn't working for me either 🫤 was able to use it on a travel router but not my R2. Just keeps saying "no vpn configured

Did you change it to match the template I provided above?