WireGuard vpn setup

diafanos

• Administrators

Is that the one they gave you as it seems to be using the same DNS and address - if it is then you need to add the listen port option and take the /16 option off the address line and then try again with your keys

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, faceman469 said:

Yup no vpn connected

I think you may need to do a reboot, then retry or if that doesn't work, a factory reset and then try again. I believe it's got itself into a weird state and can't tell when you've entered VPN details.

I did it in the router. Everything is cool now😎 I think I'm going to create a whole new set of keys. Don't want to try it now because I have wireguard setup on my travel router at work and don't want to chance accidentally disconnecting that while I'm home. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, faceman469 said:

I did it in the router. Everything is cool now😎 I think I'm going to create a whole new set of keys. Don't want to try it now because I have wireguard setup on my travel router at work and don't want to chance accidentally disconnecting that while I'm home. 

Great, let us know how you get on!

If your wireguard connections says connected but you can't access any sites or just some sites you need to manually change the mtu settings in your config file, here is an example template:

You can change the number to try and get the best results.

[Interface]

mtu = 1380

Address = 10.2.0.2

PrivateKey = yourprivatekey

ListenPort =51820

dns = 1.1.1.1.,2.2.2.2

[Peer]

PublicKey = yourpublickey

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

Endpoint = your.endpointvpn.com:51820

• Administrators
3 hours ago, diafanos said:

Αfter many tries i couldn't get it to work. Even when I was connected I had no internet to the devices which I had to VPN. 

I tried the above with no success....

Have you tried another provider just in case the services you want block the VPN you're currently using?

Unfortunately no. I have subscription with SurfShark vpn which "support" WireGuard configuration.... If someone manages to work it out with any other vpn provider please let me know.

• Administrators

They can support it but they can't prevent services blocking their known VPN IP addresses, some providers offer a free trial in which case you could try it to see if that is the problem with no monetary obligation.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, diafanos said:

If that is the case, is there any way to solve it? 

No that is controlled by the service, e.g. Netflix, you would just need to find a VPN that hasn't been blocked by the affected services. 

1 hour ago, diafanos said:

I don't know if it's irrelevant, but I have no internet at all to the devices that are connected to vpn. Not only Netfix, iptv etc.

Can you download the Wireguard Desktop client and verify that the exact config you're using in Hybrid VPN is working in the desktop client?

34 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Can you download the Wireguard Desktop client and verify that the exact config you're using in Hybrid VPN is working in the desktop client?

Sorry, can you be more specific please... I'm not that good with those things...