Still picking up server in California

steelcity403

I'm still picking up and getting connected to a server in California even though I have geofencing on and set to strict mode.  Normally it will show that it's connected to that server and there's a pin assist server in the mid west somewhere.  Is there any way to get stop this from happening?  The When I get connected to the California server my ping is double. image.thumb.png.82bd03d47ccc2a00cec839f7e87b13bb.png

OK.  It's weird because when that shows up in addition to another server during a game my ping is 50-60 but when it's just connected to a server in in my selected area my ping is 25-30

7 hours ago, steelcity403 said:

OK.  It's weird because when that shows up in addition to another server during a game my ping is 50-60 but when it's just connected to a server in in my selected area my ping is 25-30

Where are you measuring this ping? In-game or in Geo-filter? Is the server you're seeing within your filter polygon always the same?

Both in game and on the router.  Ping at the router is like 20-35 and the ping in game in like high 30's low 40's when that server is out of the mix.  But when that server is in the mix I often times get pings at the router of 45+ and in game pings of 55-75.  It does seem to be a server in like Ohio or Illinois that it likes to go through when that California server shows up...

7 hours ago, steelcity403 said:

Both in game and on the router.  Ping at the router is like 20-35 and the ping in game in like high 30's low 40's when that server is out of the mix.  But when that server is in the mix I often times get pings at the router of 45+ and in game pings of 55-75.  It does seem to be a server in like Ohio or Illinois that it likes to go through when that California server shows up...

You could try manually denying the server you're seeing on the West Coast, but if it's an authentication server it'll prevent you from finding a game server. Try it and confirm if that's the case, we then know this server is just for authentication.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, zaibkhan said:

i am unable to connect any of the game  servers who are in USA except all other servers  why is that ?

Could you let us know how you currently have Geo-filter configured? Are you using any other features in conjunction with Geo-filter, like HybridVPN? If show can you share how you've got it configured.

i don't use any vpn or hyper vpn 

i am using strict mode with auto ping host 

no ping assist  , some times polygone or  circle

if i choose USA any region , servers will keep poping up on gep filter and rest of the servers will be blocked for 10 or 15 min . after 15 or 20 min i will some time connected to a server near uk and some time i am connected to Singapore server . some how those servers couldn't be blocked by geo filter . only one time i was able to connect on eastern USA region . if i choose france germany uk Australia or any other server on map  i am able to connect with them except servers which are located in USA . 

Screenshot_20220817-021524.png

i don't use any vpn or hyper vpn 

i am using strict mode with auto ping host 

no ping assist  , some times polygone or  circle

if i choose USA any region , servers will keep poping up on gep filter and rest of the servers will be blocked for 10 or 15 min . after 15 or 20 min i will some time connected to a server near uk and some time i am connected to Singapore server . some how those servers couldn't be blocked by geo filter . only one time i was able to connect on eastern USA region . if i choose france germany uk Australia or any other server on map  i am able to connect with them except servers which are located in USA . 

my desktop is not connected to the r2 router only mobile and ps5 is connected

right now in game i am connected to the Chinese server . 

my recommended region is middle east but on middle east server if i lock the region i couldn't find any battle royal match  played on caldera always ended up playing on European server .

only matches i can find on my region is rebirth and fortune's keep. 

right now trying different regions except europe.

now connected  to Chinese server but unable to find any match on caldera 

Screenshot_20220817-035556.png

9 hours ago, zaibkhan said:

my desktop is not connected to the r2 router only mobile and ps5 is connected

right now in game i am connected to the Chinese server . 

my recommended region is middle east but on middle east server if i lock the region i couldn't find any battle royal match  played on caldera always ended up playing on European server .

only matches i can find on my region is rebirth and fortune's keep. 

right now trying different regions except europe.

now connected  to Chinese server but unable to find any match on caldera 

We've heard before of these sort of issues, it seems like different servers are used for different game modes.

Could you please clarify if disabling filtering mode then allows you to get into a BR match? If so which region do you get connected in?

if i disable filtering mode then my search starts from 55 ms ping or below  , if i search rebirth or fortune's keep i always find a match on middle east server unless its early morning time but battle royal matches on caldera always  European server . 

if i enabled filitering mode then i can't find match on caldera map unless i increase my region zone and cover European region . 

in early warzone era for a short period of time i was able to play on middle east server when there was no rebirth. 

why i can't connect to any USA servers ?

For the California server issue, I am in San Diego.  I play COD Cold War with a geo-filter around California and Arizona.  My Netduma ping to the southern CA server is typically 15-20mS and the northern CA servers are typically 20-30mS.   I occasionally get a server in CA with a ping around 55-60mS.   I also assumed that this was a misplaced server.  I rarely get this server.  I will try to get the id if it happens again.  Could this be the same server?

• Administrators

It sounds like unfortunately that they have removed servers for that playlist in that region, the US servers may have a more strict ping limit which is preventing you from connecting as if you're able to force other servers around using the Geo-Filter then it's not the router preventing you.

2 hours ago, zaibkhan said:

any solution? and what's the minimum ping required because recently i was able to connect with eastern USA server

We don't know, it'd be something they've configured on the server side so we don't know that sort of information. 

If you can connect to the Eastern servers, that may be your best bet.

On 8/17/2022 at 7:35 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It sounds like unfortunately that they have removed servers for that playlist in that region, the US servers may have a more strict ping limit which is preventing you from connecting as if you're able to force other servers around using the Geo-Filter then it's not the router preventing you.

What do you mean by ping limit?  Do they limit the maximum ping that can join the server?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

What do you mean by ping limit?  Do they limit the maximum ping that can join the server?

Its just a theory until someone tests it properly but other games are known to do so and it does make sense to do so. It may not be a strict limit per se but rather if your ping is above a certain value then your ability to get into a game quickly is severely diminished.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Its just a theory until someone tests it properly but other games are known to do so and it does make sense to do so. It may not be a strict limit per se but rather if your ping is above a certain value then your ability to get into a game quickly is severely diminished.

Within COD Cold War, I play with friends from Brazil and the UK.  They often have pings between 150-200mS.  Do you think an exception is made for friends/parties?

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Within COD Cold War, I play with friends from Brazil and the UK.  They often have pings between 150-200mS.  Do you think an exception is made for friends/parties?

I suspect if there is a limit around 200 would be the maximum so you might be good on that front, otherwise they might forego it a little when in a party in favor of getting everyone in a game. Geographically it may seem like it's possible to connect to a particular country but routing differs in each country and may result in a ping higher than one would expect depending on the two areas. 

On 8/18/2022 at 12:24 PM, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

On 8/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I suspect if there is a limit around 200 would be the maximum so you might be good on that front, otherwise they might forego it a little when in a party in favor of getting everyone in a game. Geographically it may seem like it's possible to connect to a particular country but routing differs in each country and may result in a ping higher than one would expect depending on the two areas. 

The system will try to match you but it will take some time but then it will eventually connect yes and you'll also get compensated for lag etc etc 

Also, i have noticed that some game modes are on certain servers aswell.. it wasnt always like that but it looks like something has changed for a reason unknown.. probably to keep servers balanced to guess. Here in america sometimes central servers will go down and it will put me on the east or west coast... on like 90 ping lol.. must be working on mw2 because servers have been BAD lately